Status: Completed.

I Took A Picture Of Him Breaking My Heart, Then Watched Him Repair It

1/1

Arianna steadied her camera on the sun, which was falling over the horizon of the ocean. The waves crashed against the shore and scared the birds, who were picking at the sand, away. She felt little splashes of water hit her skin each time a wave came over her.

When she pressed the button, a last minute surprise came. Arianna took the camera away from her face and looked at the screen. She tore her eyes away from it, angrily.

“Surprise,” Zane said. Arianna looked at him from under her eyelashes, and then back down at the screen of her camera. Zane was in the position of when you could tell he was running, and then slid on his knees to land in front of the camera. Sand was shot in the air all around him. His hands were out by his face, fingers spread and palms up. His head was tilted and on it, was the smile he knew she loved the most.

“How come you did that?” Arianna asked. She couldn’t ask with anger. If she did it would only tear her heart apart more. Zane was her one and only true love, but he broke her heart. Tore it apart with everything he had. The worst part it is, Arianna can’t bring herself to hate him.

Zane shrugged. He brought his hands down to his side. Biting his bottom lip, he cast his eyes to the sand all around him. “I knew if I came up to you, you would ignore me. And, I really wanted to talk to you,” he finally said.

“Too bad,” Arianna said, getting up. She stuffed her camera, towel she had with her and little notebook in her beach bag. Zane followed suit and stood beside her. His hand grabbed Arianna’s forearm to keep her from walking away.

Zane held onto her hand until she stopped resisting. Arianna sighed and looked into Zane’s eyes. Zane wanted so bad to take back whatever he did to Arianna. She was his one true person he wanted the most. Zane never knew what he did; Arianna went up to him one day and said it was over. Without a single clue of why.

“Can you please let go of my arm?” Arianna asked with annoyance. Arianna had to be at some place in thirty minutes. And, Zane knew it. He had to be there, too. Arianna and Zane had to be a wedding, more specific, Arianna’s sister’s wedding. Zane was the band for the wedding. Her sister, Jane, thought it would be cheaper and better to get somebody she knew who would do a good job at her wedding. Zane, more enthusiastic than should’ve been, agreed.

“Not until you talk to me,” Zane said, with stubbornness lacing in his words. Arianna glared at him, and then looked up at the sky. Her head was hanging back words; every word that passed Zane’s lips was tuned out, until all she heard was a little, lonely tune.

“Okay?” Zane asked her with a hopeful stare. Arianna brought her head back down and looked in the eyes of Zane. Her mind was telling her to ask what he had just said, but her heart, for some odd reason, told her to just say okay. Arianna nodded her head.

“Okay, meet me by the big tree when the reception party is going on and the father-daughter dance is done. You won’t miss it, there will be a big, white balloon attached to it,” Zane said in a rush. Arianna, though, caught everything he said. Zane chuckled at her expression. He said, “Better hurry to your sister. You’re already late.”

Arianna hurried off to her sister’s dressing room. Inside she found her sister almost ready. She smiled an apologetic smile towards her, and then grabbed her Maid of Honors dress and went to the restroom. Twenty minutes later she was walking out. Her dress was white, spaghetti strap, that tied around her waist and let loosely down. Sparkles teased the whole dress. Her hair was up in an elegant bun. Purple flower clips were eased here and there, in her hair. She smiled at her reflection. She thought she didn’t look so bad.

Zane was in his room trying to find his vest. Not only could he not find it, but he had to leave in less than five minutes. His friends, and the rest of the band members, were hollering for him to hurry up. He had on his black slacks and white button shirt. Finally, he found his vest under a pile of papers on his desk. He grabbed it and tossed it on. He looked in the mirror one last time. The difference now was he had a purple was covering the buttons of his shirt.

He fixed his hair and walked out. His friends were relieved once they saw him. They piled in his van and drove off.

The ceremony was quite beautiful. Arianna and Jane walked gracefully. Maybe a mistake or two was said, but that was due Jane being so nervous and Joe, her now husband, excited about everything. Zane watched everything from the second row of seats. He smiled at Arianna when she caught him looking. Now in the reception party, he was up on the stage playing the songs that were chosen by Jane and Joe.

Arianna sat at the table with beside her sister. It was now time for the speeches to be said. Arianna politely declined when they asked her to go first. At the moment, she watched the best man make a joke to Jane. It was now Arianna’s turn.

She stood with a cup of champagne in hand. She started to speak, “Okay, so this is my first ever doing this,” Arianna laughed nervously. The guest chimed in with her laugh. “Ever since we were younger, I looked up to you. No matter how much older you thought you were than me. I am so glad you have found your one and true love. And, to you Joe, well all I have to say is if you break my older sisters heart, I will go to your house in the middle of the night and go to your room and cut off your”- Arianna was cut off the by look many people gave her, but mainly it was Jane. “Okay I won’t finish what I was about to say, but lets just say it involves baseball. Hope you the greatest of me wishes, cheers!” Arianna rose her glass, and then knocked back the rest of the drink.

Arianna sat down immediately. Her sister scolded her, but none the less laughed. Joe gave her nervous smile as he drank the rest of his drink. “I’m serious, too,” she told him, pointing a stern finger towards him.

As time passed, Arianna continued to sip some champagne and chatted with guest. It was now time for the bride and father to do their dance. When the beat of All-American Girl by Carrie Underwood filled the room, many people chuckled including Arianna.

Zane watched, as he was singing the words, Arianna sit at the table. The part when he mentioned the senior football star, Joe walked to Jane and he father. Her father handed Joe Jane’s hand and walked away. The song soon ended and the band took a break.

Arianna remembered Zane’s words as soon as the song ended. Normally she wouldn’t have gone, but she was bored out of her mind. She got up and walked out. She rounded the corner and saw a big white balloon tied to a tree in the distance. She walked toward it.

Zane watched her come nearer as he stood behind the tree. Arianna stopped and looked at the balloon in the air. Her eyes trailed down and landed on a pile of random flowers tied with the string. She untied it and put them in her hand.

Arianna let the aroma the flowers sent off fill her nose. Zane stepped out from behind the tree little by little. Arianna oblivious to her surroundings did not see when Zane was in front of her, watching as she inhaled the sweet scent of the flowers.

Zane kept watching and when Arianna lifted her gaze to Zane, he gave her a small tentative smile. Arianna was too tired to complain about anything, so she in return, gave a small smile of her own.

“I actually thought you wouldn’t show up,” Zane said, thoughtfully. He and Arianna looked up at the balloon as the air tried to take it with it.

“Yeah, well being in there wasn’t so much better than being here. At least, I won’t have to dance with my dad again. I know he is my dad and all, but he stepped on my foot once, and it still hurts,” she said, jabbing a finger back words, towards the reception party. Zane chuckled lightly. “So, what did you need?” Arianna asked after a few minutes.

Zane licked his lips. He stared at the ground for a little bit before he looked up at Arianna’s eyes again, and said, “I know you think I did something bad, but in all honesty I don’t know what I did to lose you. If you can please just tell me what it is I did? I know it can’t be that bad.”

Arianna said nothing, but stare into his eyes. She took her camera, which was around her neck and turned it one. Zane watched as she was messing with the buttons on it. Maybe two minutes later, Arianna pointed the screen in front of Zane’s anxious eyes. The screen showed nothing but lies.

It looked to be Zane was cuddled with somebody else in a bed. He knew where that was and how it happened as soon as he realized it. Zane kept glancing between the screen and Arianna. He did it so much, his eyes were starting to water and hurt.

“How did you get that?” he asked her. Arianna said nothing as she brought the camera down. Zane waited impatiently.

“I took it,” she said, like it was obvious. Zane was shaking his head before the words were even finished as they left her mouth.

“That’s a lie,” he said. Confusion flashed in Arianna’s eyes. Zane sighed and finished explaining, “I’m not going to say that she wasn’t there, but I am going to say that nothing happened. I wouldn’t dare do a single thing that would make you leave me. If you would have stayed around long enough to see what happened afterwards, you would know.”

Arianna closed her eyes; so badly she wanted to believe what he was saying, but she had no proof. As if reading her thoughts, Zane spoke up, “If you don’t believe me, ask my brother. He saw it all.”

Arianna kept her eyes closed. If she believed him, would she ask his brother? Of course she would. Though, would she do it now, after it took him forever to tell her what happened that night? She opened her eyes and stared into the blue eyes of the man she wanted the most.

“Why did it take you forever to tell me?” she whispered, almost in audible. Zane now had hope that she would believe him.

“I was going to tell you the next morning, but before I could even bring it up, you said you wanted a break up. I was heart broken, and not even a single word could leave my mouth. I couldn’t call you back when you walked away,” Zane said, stepping closer to Arianna. Arianna looked in the eyes of Zane and saw nothing but sincerity and love.

She now knew he was telling the truth. And once Zane saw, in her eyes, that she believed him he stepped closer, till he felt the heat off her body radiating off her. He rested the palms of his hands on her cheeks. Arianna leaned into his touch and willed her arms around his neck. Their foreheads met in the middle.

Each had a smile that stretched from ear to ear. Zane leaned in and gently brushed Arianna’s lips with his own. He gave her the most gentle kiss ever. Arianna pressed her lips against his with more force. The kiss held nothing, but pure love.

Arianna could feel her camera slipping from her fingers. She ignored it, till she heard it hit the ground and a white flash appeared behind her closed eyes. She pulled away and bent down to pick it up. The screen showed her and Zane kissing. She showed Zane and he smiled.

“We can add it to our collection,” He stated before pressing his lips against Arianna’s again. This kissed held everything in raw passion. Arianna giggled.

His hands still on her cheek; her arms around his neck, hold her flowers and balloons in hand, and the other, her camera.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Comment! :)
I didn't proof read yet, so there will be mistakes. But I will fix them later on. Soon.. :)