Colors

The Wedding

Every detail of our wedding had been planned. I may not have wanted to marry, but I could still feel the thrill of a wedding. I was ecstatic!
Okay, so maybe it wasn’t just the wedding that had me so upbeat. Less than six hours, and I'd be out of this town for good.

Just six more hours...

My father came in and sighed. "You look beautiful, Baybelle." He had helped me pick out the dress. It was lace, white, and had a black satin bow that hung on my hips and trailed down the train in the back.. I had straightened my hair, so it fell to my waist. I wore a black veil that only fell past the tip of my nose. "You ready to get out of here, baby girl?"
My father, Joe, Mitchall and I were all leaving. My father, having a little pull in the council, got us a honeymoon outside the town. They just didn’t know that we weren't planning to come back. We planned on changing our looks a bit, our dads would get married, and we'd start a new life.
Within a week, we figured, our government would come after us.My father was a very important man, after all, being at the head of the genetics department. He is the man who chose couples in the town for the perfect breeding. They’d want him back at all costs, and with that under my father’s belt, they didn’t want word getting out to the “free world”. In fact, I was surprised they’d let him out at all. But I had to focus on now.

The wedding was in the park, and I was driven there in a limo. My father got out first, came around, and helped me out.
He walked me down the aisle as the music played on an outdoor organ. My mother was sitting in the front row, crying already. Sam was walking down with Ian (Maid of honor, and best man). Mitchall was at the end, smiling sadly, because he knew the wedding was fake.
I handed the bowquet to Sam, and began to cry. It wasn’t until right then that the full weight of what I was about to do hit me. I'd never be able to see my mother, or Sam again. And I couldn't even say goodbye to them. Somehow I mustered a smile, so to everyone else, I just looked like a blushing bride, overcome with happiness.
"Who gives this girl to marry this man?" Asked the priest.
"I do." My father replied
Mitchall took my hand. "Almost there," He whispered. I squeezed back.
We said our vows, and the priest pronounced us man and wife. "You may now kiss the bride."
Mitchall pulled me into a hug. "I love you, Freckles"
"Just kiss me, you big jerk." I teased.

It was our second kiss. Ever. And if possible, it seemed more passionate than the first. I really wished I loved him.
We ran down the aisle as people threw rice at us, and neither of us looked back. Our fathers were already in the car. Our stuff was already in the back seats. And we were off.

"Pass?" Joe gave the gate guard his pass so we could leave. "Very good, carry on."
We all gave a sigh of relief: We'd made it out.
None of us said a word until we saw a sign that said “Welcome To America!” I gave a little prayer of gratitude that we didn’t need a passport to get into the United States anymore, now that they had formed back into colonies.
"We made it," Joe breathed, "we're free."

We hadn't taken much with us. We had the limo (which we'd have to trade in), a few thousand dollars, and enough clothes to last us a week, but we'd make it work.
We stopped at a holiday Inn, got a room, and began to settle in.
Our fathers shared a bed, Mitchall took the couch, and I got my own bed. After a couple of hours Mitchall and I went for a walk downtown. We strolled through the shops, and it was beautiful.
The sky was bright blue, with few fluffy clouds. The sun was shining brighter than it ever seemed to in Grayson. People were walking and chatting on the streets. I couldn't believe how wonderful it was, and I wasn't even sure where we were.
We ate at a McDonalds. We'd never been to one, but it was relatively empty, and smelled really good.
I went to bathroom while Mitchall put in our orders. I came out just in time to get our food. I went up to the counter, grabbed our food, and caught the eye of the cashier. His eyes were blue, like the sky.
I stared at him, breathing him in.
He had a lanky body: Tall. His hair was chocolaty brown, wavy, chin length. Light freckles sprinkled his nose. He wore wrist bands on both arms, checkered with different colors. His uniform name-tag said his name was Jay.
He smiled crookedly when he caught my eye, again.

My face burned red with embarrassment. "I-uh... Thanks, Jay." I stuttered like an idiot. I rushed over to the table, and Mitchall.
We ate silently, not making much eye contact. I wasn't sure how to act. I'd grown accustomed to being his girlfriend in the last four years, but now I was free. I still didn't want to hurt him, though. He really loved me.

"That cashier guy is staring at you." He grumbled protectively.
"Well, did we pay?"
"No."
"I'll take care of it." I walked over to the counter and smiled. "Sorry about that. How much do I owe you?"
"You moving here?" He countered.
“I-We-We're thinking about it..." I stuttered, caught off guard.
"Then don't worry about it." He chuckled, "Welcome to Belling, New Comer."

I smiled at him, and at that moment I knew I was going to love it here.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?
I adored writing this chapter. :)