Colors

Great News!

At the hotel Joe and dad were waiting for us. Joe looked like he was going to explode.
While Mitchall and I had been out, they'd met with social services to start paperwork on becoming U.S. citizens. They'd also decided to change our last names. Mitchall and Joe Smith, and my father and I were the Vinsonts. They'd traded our limo in for two mini vans, and tomorrow we'd be moving into an apartment downtown.
After their big announcements we all went to bed.

The apartment was great. There were two bedrooms, and livingroom, and a kitchen. Mitchall and I were sharing a room. There were two full-sized beds and a closet. It wasn't too roomy, but it would do.
I set my suitcase on a bed, claiming it mine. Mitchall did the same, and looked around. Avoiding making eye contact with me. "Mitchall I-"
"You into him?" He asked flatly.
I cocked my head in confusion. "Who?"
"That guy at the McDonalds. You know very well who, he's the only guy we've met out here!"
I hated it when Mitchall yelled at me. It always made me feel stupid, or guilty. "I don't even know him, Mitchall," I sighed, "how could I be into him?" Denying made Mitchall's whole body relax, but I was getting butterflies just thinking about Jay.
He smiled and gave a light sigh. "So," He put his hands behind his head and leaned back. "what are we supposed to do around here?"

I pondered that for a while. "Well, I was thinking of applying for a job at the little library we passed on the way back to the hotel yesterday. Plus tomorrow I'm gonna go down to sell my dress."
He frowned, rolled his eyes and turned his back to me.

"I'm gonna go out." I said, frustrated. I looked back at him before closing our bedroom door. His eyes were wide open, staring at the wall.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?