Colors

Girls Night

I descended the stairs, and heard music coming from my bedroom. Music? How long had that been playing? I had no clue...
"You're listening to 105.3, HOT FM radio. Up next is--" The radio cut into yet another song I didn't know.

There was a knock on my bedroom door, and my mother entered. "Baybell, Sweetie, did you have something to eat?" She had a look in her eye that screamed “Please, oh please, tell me my daughter's getting better”.
I gave her a small smile, "Yeah, I had some yogurt, is that alright?"
She looked like she was going to cry, "Okay- Yes, it's okay!" She rushed over to me and gave me a big hug. "How're you feeling?" I paused, and walked over to my bedroom mirror.
I looked like crap. My white-gold hair was tangled, and messy. My skin, though already paler than most, was ghostly. My freckles looked black on my cheeks. I had bags under my eyes, from sleeping too much, and I was so skinny from starving myself. The only things about me that looked alive were my big, deer-in-headlights eyes. They were shining, brighter green than I'd ever seen them. There was a hint of sadness, but only a hint. "I'm doing okay, actually." I looked back at my mother, and smiled. She looked like her face was going to crack in two.
"Well," She clapped her hands together, "call Sam up. We're going shopping, renting movies, and having a slumber party!" That's what I loved most about Trish, she knew how to have fun. And I was definitely ready to have some fun.

After picking Sam up, we did some major shopping, got some back-to-school outfits, three pairs of shoes, and some new make-up. I'd never worn makeup before, I felt privileged. Like I was growing up.
We got facials, and mani/pedis, too. We were ready to go home and crash, so we went to the movie store. It took us an hour to pick out three. We ended up renting "The Ring", "The Titanic", and "Monster-in-Law".
When we got home, we popped in "The Ring", opened a bag of chips, and ordered some pizza. We all jumped when the pizza guy came to the door. We ate the pepperoni slices, completely ignoring the rest of the movie.
After watching "The Titanic", we all passed out.
My father, Bryan walked in, drunk, at 6:30 am. The stink of alcohol followed him, and woke me up. I didn't go near him, though. I'd learned my lesson, as a child, not to bother him when he's like that. He wasn’t violent or anything, but loud, and sometimes mean. He walked into his bedroom and passed out.
I tried, unsuccessfully, to fall back asleep.
Instead, I turned on the computer, and pulled up our school’s social network. My profile picture was of Timmy, and Me.
I uploaded a new photo, and changed my status. There was only one person online. His name was Mitchall Harig. I faintly remembered him from elementary school, he was a total jerk back then, always picking on me, but we didn't have any classes together in middle school.
I got offline before he would notice, or talk to me.

I returned to the living room around 8:00. My mother was just getting up. I walked over, and tucked Sam back in, her blankets were completely off.
After about thirty minutes, mom had finished making breakfast. Sam woke up when she smelled the bacon. We feasted on chocolate-chip pancakes, and waffles, bacon, and hash browns, and drown ourselves in maple syrup. I swear, I gained 20 pounds that morning. Of course, I could have stood to gain a few more.
Around 1:30, Dad stumbled out of his bedroom, face read, clutching his forehead. Hangover.

It was time for Sam to leave.