You Know My Love is Always On Your Side

Twelfth Grade

~Thursday, September 1st, 2009~

“We’re seniors baby!” Mason smiled as he and Maybel walked out on the first day of senior year.

“I know, I’m excited.” Maybel grinned.

“Excited that I’m in your presence?” Tristen grinned as he approached them.

Definitely Maybel thought.

Maybel shook her head.

“Aye, there’s party tonight to kick off senior year. You guys are coming right?” he asked.

“I don’t think so…” Mason said.

“Yeah, we’re definitely going.” Maybel smiled.

“Cool. Can’t wait to see ya there.” Tristen smiled.

“Tris…lets go we have to get ready for tonight.” Sophie said as she approached them.

“Ew…don’t talk to them.” She said and drug Tristen away.

“Maybel we never go to parties.” Mason groaned as they made their way up to the party hours later.

“Well its time for a change. Its senior year Mason. We’ll have fun, I promise.” Maybel smiled as she drug him inside.

The party was already in high gear when they got there.

“There ya guys are.” Tristen smiled as he draped an arm around each of them.

“Where’s Sophie?” Maybel asked.

They heard a few cat calls and cheers.

“Ya know Sophie’s around here somewhere.” Tristen muttered.

“There she is; dancing like a skank.” Mason said and pointed to a table.

On top of the table, Sophie was indeed dancing like a skank.

“Let me go get her before she hurts herself.” Maybel muttered and walked towards her twin.

“Aye, what’s the deal with Maybel? She like me?” Tristen asked Mason.

“No, why?” Mason lied.

“Cause I like her.” Tristen shrugged.

“You’re dating her sister.” Mason pointed out.

“And? I might ask Maybel out.” Tristen said.

“Now you won’t.” Mason growled.

“Dude what the hell? Oh I get it…you like her.” Tristen smirked.

“Yes, I do and I’m not letting you hurt her by dating her and her twin sister.” Mason barked.

“Well that’s up to Maybel now isn’t it?” Tristen smiled.

Maybel approached them.

“I got her off the table at least.” she sighed.

“Lets get you a drink.” Tristen smirked at Mason as he wrapped an arm around Maybel.

“I don’t drink.” Maybel said as she let Tristen lead her into the kitchen.

“Well you can watch me drink.” he shrugged.

He poured himself a drink and downed it. He leaned against the counter and watched Maybel.

“Do you ever not wear your glasses?” he asked.

“Well I need them see so…” Maybel trailed off.

“Ahh…” he nodded.

He grabbed her wrist and placed him in front of her. He slipped her glasses off.

“Can you see me at all?” he asked.

“A little bit, but its blurry.” she replied.

He slipped her glasses back on.

“Well you look beautiful either way.” he smiled.

She smiled back. He leaned his head down and she met him half way. Their lips were centimeters apart when someone interrupted.

“What the fuck?” they heard Sophie yell.

They looked to the door and saw Sophie and her friends. Panicking, Tristen blamed Maybel.

“Maybe what is wrong with you? You know I’m dating Sophie. You that I love her.” he lied and walked towards Sophie.

“Baby, she tried to kiss me. Don’t be too hard on her though its not her fault she likes me.” he said.

“Sorry…” he mouthed to Maybel.

“You little fucking slut!” Sophie started.

Instead of arguing with her, Maybel just took it.

***

~Thursday, May 19th, 2010~

The day before graduation, Maybel was going over her valedictorian speech for tomorrow. She was pacing the hallway when she heard sobbing coming from the bathroom. She opened the door and saw Sophie crying.

“Soph what’s wrong?” she asked.

“Why do you care?” Sophie sobbed.

“Because you’re my twin sister and I care about you.” Maybel replied.

“I’m late.” Sophie mumbled.

“For what?” Maybel asked.

“I’m late for my period dumbass. I could be pregnant.” Sophie cried.

Maybel’s eyes widened.

“Wait here, I’ll be back in fifteen minutes.” Maybel said and walked out.

Fifteen minutes later, she came back with a pregnancy test.

“Why are you being so nice to me? I’ve been a bitch to you.” Sophie said after she took the test.

“Because we’re sisters and I love you.” Maybel smiled.

Sophie smiled lightly back. The test beeped. Sophie held Maybel’s hand when she picked it up.

“Its negative.” Sophie smiled.

Maybel breathed out a sigh of relief.

“I’m not a mom.” Sophie smiled.

She surprisingly hugged Maybel.

“Thanks a lot sis.” she mumbled as she pressed a kiss to her cheek.

***

~Friday, May 20th, 2010~

Enjoying the new bond with her sister, on graduation day, after the program, a smiling Maybel approached her sister and her sister’s friends.

“Hey Soph.” she smiled.

Sophie and her friends were eye-widened that Maybel approached them.

“Someone call the exterminator, we have a nerd infestation.” Sophie laughed a few minutes later.

Her friends laughed with her. Maybel frowned.

And she’s back, she thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
And this is where the story begins...