You Know My Love is Always On Your Side

#4

~Sunday, September 26th, 2010~

Around noon that day, Maybel was the only one in the apartment. Tristen had drug Mason out to go to the mall or something. Sophie was out and about. Last night, Tristen had declared that he would be living there too. Mason was pissed while Sophie had nothing to say about it while Maybel was ecstatic.

Maybe he’ll make a move, she thought.

The silence was broken when Maybel heard a thud on the other side of the door.

“What the hell,” she muttered.

She set down the book she was reading and got up off the couch. She walked to the door and looked through the peephole. She saw nothing but blonde hair.

Sophie, she thought.

Sophie and some guy, whose name she couldn’t remember, were pressed up against the apartment door. They were kissing roughly and Sophie’s legs were wrapped tightly around his waist while he had her pressed against the door. The door then suddenly opened and they went backwards. Sophie landed on her back with her legs still wrapped around the guy. She pulled away and looked up at her shocked twin.

“Uh…hey Maybel,” she smiled sheepishly.

She pushed the guy off of her and stood up.

“What the hell Soph,” Maybel screeched.

Sophie rolled her eyes and pecked the guy’s lips.

“I’ll call you later,” he winked.

She nodded and shut the door after he left.

“Care to explain what the hell that was,” Maybel barked.

“Okay you know now, I’m cheating on Tristen. So what,” Sophie asked and walked past her sister.

“Tristen is good to you. How long has this been going on,” Maybel asked.

“Almost four years,” Sophie shrugged.

“Four years? You’ve been dating Tristen for four years,” Maybel shrieked.

Sophie shrugged.

“And he better not find out about this. Got it,” she spat.

“What if I do tell him? He deserves to know,” Maybel hissed.

“If you tell him that I’m cheating on him, then I’ll tell him that you’re in love with him. Don’t even deny it, we all know you love him,” Sophie smirked.

“God you’re such a bitch,” Maybel yelled and walked to the back.

“Tell me something I don’t know,” Sophie yelled back.

Maybel walked into Mason’s room and slammed the door shut. She collapsed on the bed and screamed into his pillow.

***

An hour later, the door opened and Sophie walked in carrying a plate of cookies.

“I baked you cookies,” she offered and sat next to her twin.

You baked them,” Maybel asked, not believing her.

“Truthfully, hell no. I bought them,” Sophie shrugged and ate one.

“What’s with the nice act,” Maybel asked as she ate one.

“I don’t want you telling Tristen. He’s the only guy that actually appreciates me. I might not love him like he loves me, but I need him,” Sophie shrugged.

“You shouldn’t be cheating on him though,” Maybel muttered.

“I know I’m doing wrong, but I can’t help it. Its in my nature to betray. What do you want May? I’ll do anything to keep this between us,” Sophie pleaded.

Maybel stayed silent. Sophie sighed and walked to the door.

“I won’t tell Tristen,” Maybel announced before Sophie walked out.

“Really,” Sophie asked and spun around.

“I won’t tell him; on one condition,” Maybel started.

Sophie nodded.

“I want you to give me a make-over,” she finished.

“Seriously,” Sophie asked.

Maybel nodded.

“Okay. To the mall,” Sophie grinned and pulled her sister up.

***

Hours later, Sophie and Maybel returned with many bags. They saw Mason and Tristen in the living room.

“We’re going to a frat party,” Tristen smiled.

“Great,” Sophie smiled and pulled Maybel into her room.

“Perfect opportunity. Go get a shower,” she ordered.

Maybel walked into the bathroom to take a shower.

Maybe Tristen will actually notice me tonight, she thought.

After taking a shower, she wrapped a towel around herself and walked back in the bedroom. Sophie had laid out Maybel’s outfit for the night.

“Get dressed while I get a shower,” Sophie told her and walked out.

Maybel got dressed in the skimpy dress and slipped her heels on. Ten minutes later, Sophie came back in with her dress and heels on.

“Okay stand up,” she ordered.

Maybel stood up and nearly broke her ankle in the heels.

“We have a lot of work to do,” Sophie muttered.

First, she started by teaching her sister how to walk in heels. She drilled her until Maybel walked gracefully in them.

“Okay put these in,” Sophie said and handed her the box of contacts they bought today.

Maybel slipped her glasses on and put the contacts in. Sophie sat her down and straightened her hair and did her make-up.

“There, take a look,” Sophie smiled and started doing her own hair and make-up.

Maybel looked in the full length mirror. She was shocked at her appearance. She looked gorgeous; no doubt, but she didn’t see herself, she saw Sophie staring back at her.

Its for the best, she thought.

“Now we actually look like sisters,” Sophie smiled as she stood next to her sister.

Maybel looked at them in the mirror. Outside of the different dresses, they looked exactly the same.

“Okay when a guy talks to you, play hard to get. Do not seem interested in what he has to say and act like you’re better than him. Go it,” Sophie asked.

Maybel nodded.

“Okay, you’re ready,” Sophie grinned.

They walked out into the living room. Mason and Tristen had identical expressions when they noticed them. Tristen couldn’t tell which one was his girlfriend until Sophie walked up to him and kissed him. Mason was mesmerizing Maybel.

Holy shit, he thought.

Maybel smiled at him when she caught his gaze. He turned away from her and started out. They followed him.

“We have to walk,” Sophie whined.

“Yes, we have to walk bitch,” Mason spat.

“What the fuck Mas? There’s no need to be rude like that,” Maybel spat.

Mason rolled his eyes once he noticed Sophie smirking at him. On the way to the frat house, Maybel linked her arm through his. Mason shrugged her off.

“What the fuck is your problem,” Maybel spat as she let Sophie and Tristen walk ahead.

“Why are you defending her,” Mason asked.

“She’s my sister,” she replied.

“Yeah, everyone can see that,” he muttered.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“You look just like her. This isn’t you; its her!”

“She made me beautiful. Maybe at this party guys will actually appreciate me,” she spat.

“You don’t just look like her; you have her personality now too. Always thinking looks means everything. You’re just like Sophie,” he barked.

“Maybe that’s a good thing,” Maybel spat and walked ahead with Sophie and Tristen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yayness!
Maybel
Sophie
:)
<3