Angel's Child

Chapter 17

“We’ve got a plan.”

“A good one.”

“This’ll have ta be perfect…”

“Don’t worry…We can manage.”

“We’ll need a lure…”

“…I’ll do it.”

“But-.”

“Just cover me.”

“…Let’s go.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Angela sighed, looking up at the moon…

It was full…

‘A perfect night to slay a dragon…’

Ari yawned, rubbing at her eyes…

“He’s coming, Angie…”

“Got it.”

Pressing a button on her Shell Cell, the jade-skinned turtle looked around…

“Can she see the future?”

The crimson-eyed turtle sighed, turning around on the higher ledge to see the Foot Ninja and the Shredder.

“Maybe, maybe not. You’ll never find out.”

Ari stood up, hiding behind her sister’s legs, as Angela pulled out a strange mechanical device.

She held it in her palm like a sword hilt, and twirled it around her hand.

Pressing a button, a beam of blue light came out, singing through the air.

“Angie…” Ari almost whimpered, clutching her older sister’s hand with both of her own…

“Ah, so you have a little soft spot for her…”

“She’s my sister.” Angie growled.

Foot Ninja tried to surround the pair…

When the rooftop began to quake…

A column shot up, sending two or three flying, as some of the rooftop turned to sand, sending at least twenty down into the warehouse at least three floors below.

“Chi, I presume?”

“OH, so close…But wrong.”

Z stepped slowly out of the shadows, bare feet sliding across the rough ground…

Fire came up in a wall on Angie’s other side, nearly blue/white on the edges.

Izzy had jumped out of her hiding places, hands aflame as she sent blasts of fire at her opponents.

Water washed some of the ninja back as they came at the Firebender from behind, and Lily ducked below a naginata, kicking him under the chin.

With those ninja gone, the four eldest cousins regrouped.

They high-threed and high-fived, obviously pleased with themselves thus far.

Then, a growling blur of white fur…

An invisible figure sparked as fangs dug into its neck, and Z didn’t seem surprised…

“Foot Tech.”

“Go get ‘em, Z.”

Closing her eyes, she slid her feet over the rooftop…

Her hand shot out, fingers hitting something, and a Foot Tech Ninja sparked into sight…

“This ain’t so hard…” The blue-eyed turtle-girl joked, stones coming up and shooting out to hit the chests of others.

“…We have a cool family…” Izzy noted.

“Yup.”

“Can’t deny that…”

Poofs of smoke, and Angie sighed…

“…That was right behind us, wasn’t it?”

“Yep…”

“…We have to fight them, don’t we?”

“…Yep.”

“…Damn it…”

The three turtle’s whirled around, facing the Foot Elite…

“…Nice hats.”

Izzy had to lean back almost parallel to the ground to avoid a naginata blade…

“…A’right, I can ‘lready tell ya don’t like me…”

Kunai slid between her fingers, and water floated into the air, ready for battle…

Lily and Izzy jumped in, fighting the Foot Elite as best they could, since Angie had to hang back and protect her sister.

Some Foot Tech tried to beat on her, but a few swipes of a dangerous light saber did the trick…

A short scream…

The sky-masked turtle froze, and turned around while trying to keep the worry and panic from her face…

‘Ari…’

She tried so HARD to keep her voice steady…

“Put her down. If you hurt her…”

Obviously, the Shredder didn’t seem too intimidated…

Another cry, of surprise this time, and Ari disappeared over the edge…

“ARI!!!!”

Something clicked…

‘There’s water down there! I can save her!’

Not taking any time to change her mind, she bolted, Light covering her shell as she dove over the edge.

“…PLEASE tell me she’s got ‘er grapplin’ gun…”

“…No…”

“…F***…ANGIE!!!!!!!”

Izzy tried to catch hold of her friend, but she was too late…

“ANGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Something heavy landed behind her…

“…It is just NOT my day…”

Barely avoiding the large fist, she flipped away.

“Oh, it’s just ya, Hun!”

Izzy chuckled.

“An’ I thought I was in some deep shit there fer a sec!”

Lily and Z were kinda…BUSY…so Izzy was on her own.

“Lets see how you do this time, little turtle, without your little leader.”

“’Ey, don’t count ‘er out yet. She’s a fighter.”

The fist came for her again, but Izzy avoided it, sticking a kunai into his forearm.

With a cry of pain, Hun jerked back, and a wave of water nearly washed him off his feet.

But…

Lily was too preoccupied with three Foot Elite to manage that…

Water came up, dropping something off before falling with a splash…

It was Angie, mermaid tail revealed and an unconscious Ari in her arms…

“I see you all went on without me…” The sky-masked turtle joked.

Obviously, this meant Ari was alright, even though both were soaked through…

Water came up, freezing to defend them from the Shredder’s spiked gauntlets, and Angie rolled away, legs reappearing as she shielded her little sibling.

“It seems the only way to do this is by force…If you do not surrender, I will kill the child.”

“Like HELL I’ll let you!” Angie snarled, eyes fiery.

“Don’t push my hand, youngling…”

“…Kill me instead.”

She seemed so SURE, so READY for death…

“…You will not stop me?”

“On my honor.”

The cold metal on her neck, the slightest cut…

A crimson tear sliding down her skin…

Fire scorched metal, and Izzy pounced on the man of metal with the snarl of a tiger.

She jumped away before she got her own throat cut, and Angie smiled a bit.

“What? I never said THEY wouldn’t stop you, now did I?”

“Yeah, we’re kinda…”

“VIOLENT…” Z offered.

“When it comes ta protectin’ our own…”

Fire started licking it’s way up Izzy’s arms, but she didn’t seem to mind it.

“It’s a ‘ya mess wit’ one ‘a us, ya mess wit’ ALL ‘a us’ thin’.” Z agreed.

Earth rattled beneath her feet, her hands…

“I guess we learned something from our fathers and mothers after all…”

Water came up around Lily’s feet, sometimes snapping out like a cobra’s strike…

Angie stood up, settling Ari on her shell, and turned on her light saber again…

Something cocked, and crimson eyes widened…

‘A gun…’

“Angie, look out!!!”

A gunshot, but…

There was no pain, no burn…

She turned, dreading what she’d find…

It was Izzy, a hole in her plastron…

“Izzy…” Angie breathed, still too stunned to take in much breath…

Blood started to pour out, and the crimson-masked turtle coughed up some of the red liquid…

It snapped her out of her stupor, and she caught her cousin.

“IZZY!”

“Ya f***ing BASTURD!” Z raged, bringing up boulders as she jumped at Hun.

Water came to Angie’s hands, and she tried healing the bullet wound in her best friend’s chest…

“Come on, Izzy…”

She couldn’t stop the tears, the crimson life blood staining her hands…

“Don’t die on me, Bell…”

“A-Angie…”

The gold-eyed turtle tried her hardest to take in a breath…

“…D-Don’t give u-up…”

“Izzy, you’ll be okay! You can make sure for yourself!”

“…W-We both kn-know…I-I can’t…”

“Don’t give up on me!” Angie begged, sobs choking her throat…

“S-Sorry, Angie…”

“Izzy-.”

“S-Sorry…”

Her chest stopped moving, her pulse faded, and the light left her eyes…

The tears stung, burning her eyes and her skin as her very heart cried out in sadness.

“Izzy…”

She heard the ground shake behind her, and something hot filled her chest…

Water lashed out, cutting Hun across the chest before kicking him in the face.

She was on FIRE, hot and angry and the blood on her skin seemed ready to boil…

‘Tui…La…please…’

Her heart shook…

‘I just want my cousin back…’

The moon seemed to glow, cooling the heat on her skin…

It covered her, enveloping her in a cool embrace…

The light covered her fully, coming off of her…

“You have a pure heart…I knew we chose right with you…”

“Moon spirit…”

The light protected all around her like a shield…

“…I’ll help you. Give you my strength.”

Something filled her heart, filled her veins…

“I shall retrieve her spirit…”

A strange sphere came into the air, sinking into Izzy’s chest…

A sudden breath, a rush of breath, as gold eyes snapped open…

“Angie?”

“IZZY!”

Tears of joy now, and Angie hugged her cousin…

The light was dying, but that POWER…

It still sang through her blood like adrenaline…

The sound of metal, and her head snapped around…

‘SHIT!’

Why’d she have to forget he was there?

Ari covered her shell, instincts yelling at her to protect her sister…

A bright white light, from the little turtle’s very SOUL, and the Shredder stumbled back in pain…

Brown eyes blinked, confused, as Angie hugged her close…

“What was that?”

“…I think…”

Lily’s eyes widened…

“I think she found her element…”

“What? But you can’t bend light!”

“It’s not light...It’s energy. Chi. Hers is just white…”

Z pulled back from Hun’s unconscious body, still watching them with surprise in her eyes…

“…It’s still not too late.”

Angie stood, offering her friend a hand up.

Izzy took with a small smile, and brushed off her arms.

“Let’s finish this, then. I’m wit’ ya, Angie.”

“But…”

“Come on, Fearless.”

Izzy smirked.

“Ya ain’t gonna quit on me now, are ya?”

A flash of surprise, then a smile…

“Nah. Just worried you couldn’t keep up.”

“Are we done talkin’?” Z wondered impatiently, cracking her knuckles.

Foot Ninja poured onto the rooftop, and the three benders shielded their leader and the smallest turtle.

“Watch her back…” Angie reminded.

“I’m going in…”

Light saber whizzing through the air, she tried striking at the Shredder…

A clang of metal and melting iron and steel…

A blow came at her from the side, a blade ready to slit her throat…

A katana stopped it, sparks flying as the metal struck.

“Keishi…”

“It looked like you needed some help…”

Both broke free of the lock, weapons at the ready.

They moved as one, but it seemed he caught them at every turn.

A Bo staff joined in, and Angie’s head snapped up to see her only male cousin.

A fire sword swung, showing Rose had even come out of hiding, and a white blast made her realize Ari had regained her wits.

They were ALL in on this.

Even Elie, who managed to take down a few Foot Ninja before distracting them…

By running around screaming…

Air howled and the earth shook, showing the adults had joined in the battle against the massive army of Foot.

Something snapped in Angie when she saw blood spurt from Keishi’s shoulder.

He stumbled back in shocked pain, and the gauntlet dripped his blood…

“You little traitor…I’ll show you what happens when you betray me!”

Keishi’s own katana was stopped before striking his neck, and blood dripped down her palm…

Her eyes were dark, fiery and angry and raging…

Like a wild tiger pushed too far…

The blade bent in her hand, and snapped before hitting the ground…

Water came up to her hands, washing the slice and the blood away…

“I’ve had ENOUGH…” Angie growled.

Even Izzy was a bit frightened of that look…

She’d seen her cousin like that once before, a long time ago, when she’d caught someone beating up Ari…

The aftermath was enough to make anyone sick to their stomach…

The water from below followed her hands as a gigantic wave, and the Waterbender made ice spikes come down from the air…

The sound of ice slicing through metal, and there was silence…

It was over.

Angie relaxed, and fell back into Keishi’s arms in exhaustion…

“Hey…Did we win?”

He smiled, cradling her close…

“Yeah…Yeah, I think we did…”

It was all over…

The adventure had ended, the suspense unwound…

Or had it?