Angel's Child

Chapter 5

“…What are you guys doing?”

Z shrugged.

“Just watchin’ these idiots load their freighter, Angie…”

“…I can see that…”

“Thin’ they got weapons…” Izzy noted, clenching her fists…

“We can’t just run in. We need a plan.”

Lily, level-headed as ever, seemed to be the only thing keeping her cousins from running in there.

“…We need a plan?”

The three turned to see the smirk on Angela’s face.

“…Well, I’ve got one. You guys ready?”

Everyone nodded as she whispered it to them, and the four cousins split up.

Z took a spot near the freighter, and basically fused the chains from the ship to the dock.

Izzy was near some…EXPLOSIVE looking tanks, and Lilly was above, watching over everyone.

Angie slipped behind some crates holding weapons, waiting for the right moment…

“We’re almost done loading, boss. Only a few more crates to go.”

“Then move it! This was supposed to be done an hour ago!”

The much smaller man scampered off, a Purple Dragon tattooed on his arm.

He grabbed a crate, and then noticed something…

A pair of almost glowing crimson eyes…

“HUN-!”

He was cut off by a sharp elbow in the throat, and he fell back choking.

Others obviously noticed, and started running to the scene, but stopped when they heard the familiar sound of swords being unsheathed…

“It’s one of those turtle freaks!”

“GET ‘EM!”

She jumped out, katana flashing, as a wave of water came down from above.

Rocks smacked into the stragglers, and kunai deterred others from getting closer as the sky blue-banded turtle easily took out the others.

The ground seemed to shake, and crimson eyes blinked up at a…very BIG man…

“…Yo…” She greeted cheekily, grinning.

A fireball stopped him from punching her face in, and Izzy set her hands aflame.

It was usually a great intimidation tactic, coupled with an almost-sadistic smile, but it wasn’t working today…

The man charged for her, and the young Firebender ducked his swing and kicked him in the gut.

Stumbling back, he glared at her cocky face.

But there was something else there now, too…

Izzy just couldn’t name it before he made a grab for her.

Jumping over his head, she flipped and kicked off his back.

He would’ve whirled around to grab her, but a wave of water smacked him into a wall.

Angie and Lily shared a glance, and they brought water tentacles to their defense.

He pulled a rocket launcher from a crate, firing it at them, but a tentacle caught it out of thin air.

Lily’s brow furrowed in concentration before it flew back at the mountain of a man.

The explosion knocked him back, and the water fell with a splash…

“Izzy, light this place!”

“On it!”

Angela took a tank, throwing it onto the freighter before taking Z and Lily.

The fire spread quickly as Izzy ran after them, and they all just got into an alley before the warehouse exploded.

“…We are GOOD…”

Lily panted a moment, and shook her head…

“We just blew up a warehouse…That’s not very ninja-like…”

“Well, they sure won’t be usin’ it ‘gain.” Z replied, grinning.

“And that’s the most important thing.” Angie agreed.

“’Sides, now they really ‘ave no leader.”

“Let’s just go home…” Lily stated, heading for the manhole.

“I’ll stay out ‘ere fer a while.” Izzy said as the others followed.

“You just be careful, Izzy. We don’t want you coming home in pieces.” Angela joked.

“Yeah, yeah…Ya go on…”

Once alone, the dark red-masked turtle turned and headed through the alleys on her own.

She had seen Light head off after her owner, so she didn’t have to worry about the dog attacking anyone.

Pounding footsteps caused her to perk, and she hid in the shadows as someone ran in the mouth of the alley.

He was around her age, with dark green hair and the strangest purple eyes.

He had on only some dark jeans and a leather jacket, but his bare chest showed the tattoo of a dark crow surrounded by cuts.

Other men followed him, with the same crow tattoo on their arms or necks, and she realized what was going on…

‘They’re goin’ ta kill ‘im…’

Pulling out kunai, she took aim…

Three men fell, gripping their arms in pain, and the twenty or so others skidded to a halt.

“What was that?!”

“Someone’s attacking us!!”

“But who?!”

“Hello, boys…”

They all snapped around to see her, leaning nonchalantly against the wall while twirling a kunai around her fingers.

Even the man she was saving seemed stunned, and his eyes widened…

“Are you…?”

“I’d be runnin’ if I was ya.” She advised, gripping the handle of her weapon.

“This’ll get messy.”

He didn’t budge, seeming to realize what she was…

“Hey, it’s one of those freaks!!”

“Let’s get her!!”

They all charged, pipes and bats and knives in hand, and she threw some kunai.

The front line fell, and Izzy jumped over the next one, bouncing off someone’s head so she could flip in the air.

Twirling upside down, she threw shuriken, and landed in a graceful crouch as more men fell.

Fire came to her hands as a particularly large man came at her from behind, and she burned her fist into his chest before kicking him in the face.

She smirked a bit once they were all down, and turned to the man still behind her.

“See ya didn’t run…Did ya enjoy the show?”

“…You’re pretty amazing, I’ll give you that…”

He stepped closer, and Izzy blushed a bit when she realized how CLOSE they were…

“…I’m Jake…”

“Izzy.”

He smiled a bit, and her blush almost deepened…

“I’d love to get to know you better…”

She almost shivered at the slight roughness of his voice…

“But it’s not safe for either of us to be here…You’d better head home.”

“But…Will we ever see each other again?”

He paused, thinking it over…

She almost fidgeted…

“In a couple days. In Central Park.”

“Alright.”

They parted ways, and she felt his eyes on her shell as she slid into the shadows…

She decided something right there and then…

‘He was HOT…’