Status: Finito

The Beautiful Boy with a Brand New Toy

Heartbreaker

Opening my eyes, I found myself in a room I didn't recognize in the least. Black curtains covered the windows, and black blankets covered my body; everything was black. I tried to think back as to how I got here, but I found myself confused and frightened...I couldn't remember my own name.
What is my name? The confusion was so overwhelming that it made my head spin and I had to brace my hands on either side to grow steady. I took a deep breath and forced my mind to work, but the headache only grew worse as pressure stabbed. Looking around, I wondered if there was anyone who could help me remember who I was, and where.

I heard the door give a silent click, and I gave a startled jump and gasped as a man appeared in the direction of the sound. He was tall and breath-takingly handsome with his shaggy black hair and piercing pacific blue eyes that seemed to peer into my very soul; the way he looked at me...it was if he knew who I was.

"Where am I?" I demanded clearly, giving a startled jump that sent my heart racing at the own sound of my voice. I ignored it and stared at the man before me hiding in the shadows of the room.

With a sigh, he disappeared and reappeared beside me just as quickly, leaving me astonished and terrified as to how he moved so fast. He looked deep into my eyes, and I felt my heart race crazily, as if wanting to leap right from my chest. His cool minty breath washed over me, sending my mind into a delirious haze and I felt my eyes cloud over as something foreign took over my body. Without thinking, I learned closer to the stranger with the beautiful eyes and impeccably sexy features, wanting nothing more than to kiss him.

His eyes grew wide for a moment, and it were as if he were hypnotized, but just as quickly he regained himself and he moved away quickly so that he stood on the other side of the room, eying me with suspicion.

"You are in my home. My name is Zack, and this is my bedroom," he said quietly, his voice almost above a whisper.

I frowned and took a glance around the room once more, finding it rather comforting somehow; like I had been here before. I turned back to him and shook my head slowly.

"I-I'm sorry, but...could you tell me who I am?" I asked stupidly, feeling a flush rise to my cheeks at the thought of asking such a strange and useless question. I looked away with embarrassment and waited.

It was silent for a moment until the sound of sniffing caught my attention and I looked up in curiosity and felt my heart lodge in my throat when he was standing face to face, nearly nose to nose with me, smelling me.
His eyes grew wide as he pulled away slowly, and I wondered what was so horrifying about me that made him look at me that way, but before I could open my mouth, he just vanished.

I stared around the room in wonder, and when I wasn't satisfied, I climbed out of the bed and searched every corner of the room, only to find that he had indeed truly vanished. Feeling quite brave, and wanting to find this handsome stranger, I opened the door and found it led to a giant, shadowed hall that went right and left for quite some ways. I looked both ways, and found that instinct was pulling me to the right, so I followed. I moved slowly and quietly, not knowing if anyone else lived here as well, and attempted to find the godly stranger who seemed to know who I was.

I rounded a corner, leading down another hall and found that this place, wherever it was and whomever it belonged to, was quite the maze. I found myself growing lost, and couldn't turn back to the room even if I had wished so. I continued forward, my heart beating loudly as if expecting something to jump out and grab me, when I faintly heard the sound of voices. I shifted closer towards the sound, following it through the darkness until I stood right outside a large mahogany door.
Gently, I rested my ear against it and listened to the men's voices inside.

"Father, I'm telling you that Elliot did more than just erase her memory. Somehow, he turned her mortal, too!" a familiar god-like voice whispered fiercely. I felt the hairs on my body stand up on end at the sound of his voice; it was like music to my ears, a sweet lullaby meant just for me.

"Ah, you are just being paranoid, son. Elliot can't make vampires mortal again, even if he wanted to," an older, raspier voice responded.

Vampires? What are Vampires? Confused, yet extremely interested, I listened more closely.

"Father, can't you smell her right now as we speak? Can't you hear her heart beat, cause I can!" the god cried, and I grew still, my eyes wide in horror. My heart broke into a sprint and beads of sweat formed on my brow as my breathing hitched.

"Could it be?" I heard the older voice mumbled curiously to himself, and before I knew it, the door was wide open and I was face to face with two men who stared back at me as if knowing I was there the entire time and weren't the least bit surprised.

"My dear, come in. We need to have a little chat," the older man replied, holding out a smooth, pale skinned hand and I found myself accepting it without hesitation. He seemed...familiar.
I allowed myself to be drawn into the room and seated across from the two men who now stared back at me curiously and with frustration.

"How is this possible?" the god asked with a raised eyebrow to whom I guessed was his father, and watched him shrug.

"The world is full of mysteries, my boy, and this is just one of them which cannot be explained," he said, at a loss, as he slowly shook his head, staring at me.

The god rolled his eyes with a heavy sigh and looked to me with a blank, narrowed eyed expression as if he were pondering something like an evil mastermind. I wondered what he was thinking about...

"My dear, do you have any recollection of who you are?" the older man asked, and I tore my gaze away from the handsome beast, to his father and overlooked him quickly. His silvery white hair was grown to his waist and tied back loosely with a black satin ribbon, and familiar pacific blue eyes gazed back at me in puzzlement.

"No, sir. I'm afraid I don't remember anything..." I said quietly, almost fearing the sound of my own voice, and I watched him smile warmly and almost immediately, the room grew warm and I didn't feel like I was on trail for murder anymore.

"It just so happens my sweet, my son and I know exactly who you are," he said charmingly, his voice luring me in and I found myself unable to look away from his eyes; they were so...mesmorizing.

"You do?" I squeaked, and cleared my throat, still staring at him as if seeing the sun for the first time. He had the answered I seeked and somehow I knew he was telling the truth; whatever he said, it was who I was and I would believe it no matter what.

"Your name," the god beside him spoke, rousing me from my trance only to capture me in a new one. "is Hunter." As soon as the name left his lips, I knew it was mine.

"Yes," his father said with a glint in his eye as he smiled, and winked. "You were sent here after the death of your parents, betrothed to my son here, Zack." I watched in surprise as he patted the god on his back, and I felt like I had died and gone to heaven.

I'm going to be married to this handsome hunk?!

Feeling slightly woozy from the sudden and quick rush of blood to my head, I managed a smile and tried to calm myself from jumping out of my chair and screaming Hallelujah. Somehow it all seemed so perfect, and so right. My instinct told me that this was meant to happen, that it was the right thing to do and so I followed my instinct and didn't object.

"So I'm to marry you?" I asked, just to be sure and watched the god named Zack nod his head solemnly with narrowed eyes, his brows furrowed in slight confusion.

"Yes...you have no questions?" he asked, regarding me as if I was stupid and I stared back wondering how to reply, seeing as questions filled my brain to the max. I thought my head was going to explode, so I began to shoot them out like crazy, hoping that they would answer them all, and not die of boredom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it was so long, I haven't updated in a while so I wanted to make this chapter worth the wait, and hopefully it is! Please comment and rate, or send me a message to let me know if I should keep going, or if it's getting a little boring!!

<333 lAuRa