Status: Finito

The Beautiful Boy with a Brand New Toy

A Feeling Of Hurt

It still amazes me how months have gone by since her mind has been erased and yet...she has returned to normal, only with an added shyness to her that had not been there before. She became obnoxious as she came to become use to me all over again, and she was feisty as ever. I have to admit it never bothered me, however as it had in the beginning, it annoyed the shit out of me.

Waiting for her these days seemed to literally take forever. Today we had an appointment with Andy, seeing as he dropped the news on me only last month he had found a girl and was getting married. It stunned me to say the least, and I gave him hell for not telling me, or letting me meet her sooner to see if she was even good enough for him. He just did that thing he does, and of course I couldn't stay mad at him forever. Of course though, I was his Best-Man and for some reason, Hunter was his fiancees Maid-Of-Honor seeing as she had no close friends or family left. Go figure.

"Hunter, I swear to god..." I began with annoyance, glaring up at the top of the stairs just as she appeared with the roll of her eyes. I allowed my eyes to wander over her new get-up that she somehow sweet-talked my father into getting her. I couldn't complain with the tight pencil skirt that showed off her small waist, rounded, noticeable hips and strong, lean legs. She wore a pretty metallic purple blouse that was tucked in under the skirt that hugged up beneath her breasts which seemed to grow larger everyday by a few millimeters.

Her hair was swept up into a fancy french twist with a few strands framing her face and dragon tears dangling from her ears and around her neck, catching the light and shimmering. She was undoubtedly beautiful and I was caught into her web. Her beautiful, captivating eyes bore straight into my own and I felt like I had suddenly been hit with something extremely hard.

It had first started a month ago, right after I heard about Andy getting married. Every time that I looked at Hunter, I wondered what it would be like to be married to her, to have her in my bed every night. Slowly, the sickness leaked from my mind and went soft as I started to think about going to bed, and finding her there when I woke in the morning. I had a dream that I woke up only to find her next to me, sleeping peacefully with her hair cascading over the pillow like a waterfall, her skin like liquid gold. Her lips were parted as she breathed, and I had the same sensation as I had right at that moment.

I swallowed away those feelings as she reached the last step, eying me with a raised eyebrow of confusion and thrust out her hip, resting her hand on it.

"Is something wrong?" she asked quietly with genuine concern, and I noted the way she observed me. Shaking my head, I ran a hand through my hair to distract myself and turned toward the door. I opened it for her, watching as she past and couldn't stop the instant intake of breath, unable to resist a catch of the scent of her blood, so pure and sweet. The desire to taste it grew stronger every day, but I'd never tell her that straight up.

We piled into the car, and began the drive to the airport in order to reach Andy's chicks house, which was located in sunny Arizona...thank god those fables of vampires exploding in sunlight are fake. I could only imagine the pain I'd be in...

"Are you sure you are okay?" she asked once more, and I looked over to find her staring back at me with a frown, almost as if I had gone crazy; maybe she thought I wasn't acting like myself which wouldn't be a far cry from the truth; once again, she didn't need to know that.

"Yes, I'm fine. Stop asking me," I snapped with annoyance and watched as she shook her head and turned away with her arms folded.

"You know, I had thought we would have grown closer, but it seems like the opposite. Why do you think that is?" she asked sarcastically with a glare in my direction, and I sighed. Couldn't she just shut up and let me think things through more? It was beginning to confuse the hell out of me, and I was finding myself lost in a sea of emotions I had no experience with.

"Hunter, drop it. We'll talk about this when things are sorted out," I responded quietly, and quickly looked away with flushed cheeks when I realized that I had indeed said that out loud. shit.

Hunter stared back at me in surprise, her brows lifted and luscious lips parted. "What do you mean?"

shit, shit, shit!

"Hunter, please," I begged with a groan, letting my head fall back against the seat. She said nothing more as we drove on in silence, but as soon as we got to the airport, she started up double time.

"Zack, I want to know what you meant back there. What do you need to sort out?" she asked curiously, and I growled softly and ran my hands over my face in frustration. Me and my big mouth...

"What else do you want me to say? I'm thinking how we are going to stand being married," I snapped, not wanting to discuss this in an airport with other vampires already eying her up hungrily. I had enough to worry about instead of her bitching and demanding answers to questions I didn't even have the answers for as of late.

Immediately I noticed the look of hurt flash through her eyes, her lips parting in quiet surprise and instantly, I wanted to slap myself in the face. I sighed, closing my eyes and reached out to her.

"I didn't mean it like that..." I said softly, but she jerked away, her eyes filled with sparkling, liquid tears that tore at my very soul; it seemed like I had one to begin with which caught me by surprise for a moment.

"No, it's fine. I know what you mean," she said quietly, struggling for control, but I watched the tears escape before she turned away and ignored me for the rest of the trip to Andy's.

Why was I made stupid?
♠ ♠ ♠
It's starting to get kinda boring...ideas are welcome of course.
Hoped you enjoyed it anyway!

I want some more comments before I update again! I don't care if it's by the same people, just GIVE ME FEEDBACK!!

<333 lAuRa