Status: Finito

The Beautiful Boy with a Brand New Toy

The Calling

The red-hot searing jealousy I felt was indescribable. The second that her luscious lips had touched his, all I saw was red. I was just as angry if not more so when Damian had hurt her. Watching her kiss another vampire, another man other than me…I didn’t know what I should have done. My natural instinct was to fight till the death for what belonged to me, what was a part of me, but the other half of me said it didn’t matter. I settled with the second option; I decided not to care, and that two could play this game.

I looked around the bar, but didn’t have to look hard for the one person who somehow was always there for me when I needed. She stood on stage, clad in her uniform consisting of a tight leather skirt with a matching bra that barely covered her blossoming breasts. Long, straight hair as black as night cascaded down her back to her rounded ass, her voluptuous curves swaying alluringly in time to the music. Makeup was like a mask on her face, and that was the one thing I despised about her; she wore too much, like paint. Her amethyst eyes found me in the crowd, sensing my aura and I treated her to that sly smile she loved. I beckoned to her, and she jumped off the stage with ease and wove her way through the crowds to stand before me in all her glory.

“Well, hey there handsome. What brings you to my neck of the woods?” she purred, reaching out to trail a finger along my jaw line as she watched me through smoldering eyes. Bedroom eyes. I was very familiar with them.

“Well, Cass, I just came to see if you wanted to keep me coming tonight. I’m feeling rather lonely,” I said smoothly, my voice low and husky just how she liked it, and was thrilled when she shivered at the mere sound. Her eyes opened half way and a seductive smile appeared on those candy red lips that I suddenly wanted to kiss.

“Well, alright then. I’ve been waiting for you to come and ask me for a while now.” Her eyes narrowed suspiciously. “Where is your bride-to-be?” I noted the tone of her voice, and smiled at the jealous reaction.

“She is nowhere in my mind,” I promised, reaching out to thread a hand though her hair, and a magical sigh escaped her lips as her eyes closed, her head falling back. I leaned forward and breathed in her scent of lavender. It tingled my senses, heightening my awareness of her sexy, lean body gently pressing against my own.

“What the fuck man!”

Slowly, I pulled away with a sigh and found Cass’s eyes fixated on the man the voice had come from, standing behind me. I turned and saw Tyler standing there with the guys not too far behind, whispering and looking at me in confusion.

I shrugged innocently. “What?”

“What do you mean what, you idiot? Where’s Hunter?” he demanded, gesturing around the room, his eyes ablaze and for his sake, I took a glance around and shrugged once more. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, looking to the guys and shaking his head. They suddenly got up and spread out amongst the club and began searching for her. I tried to ignore the sudden flash of panic. She had disappeared. Looking around, I noted that the guy from earlier had disappeared as well. I sensed neither of them in the club and rolled my eyes.

“Man, she’s off having fun with Ryan Grey,” I said, trying to keep the anger from my voice, but Tyler saw it and gave Cass a once over.

“Good, at least we know she’ll be having more fun than you,” he snapped before disappearing after the others out of the club, and Cass gaped at the spot where Tyler had been.

“Did he just say what I think he said?” she cried angrily, her eyes like fire and I looked to her reassuringly and murmured some sweet words before she decided to let it go. I sighed with relief and smiled as I took her hand and led her out of the club into my car. On the drive, she surprised me by reaching over and grazing her hand over the spot where my pants were tight and I groan escaped my lips. For so long, I’ve held off sleeping around because of Hunter. But now that she was with some other guy—Ryan Grey no less—I was entitled to have my own fun and get the release I craved.

Arriving at the house, I noted that no one had stopped by here after the club, so other than Elliot, we were totally alone. I picked her up, listening to her giggle and carried her inside the house, and straight to my chambers where I tossed her carelessly onto the bed. I didn’t waste time with foreplay of any sort, ripping her scandalous clothing to shreds on the floor and allowed my hands to roam over her luscious curves. Her moans and breathy sighs were like music to my ears and I buried my face into her hair.

Her skin was smooth and creamy like fine silk, and her luxurious hair held a faint scent of lavender. Her naked skin molded perfectly to my body, and I thrust my hands into her locks, growing aroused by her intoxicating scent. I kissed her roughly, not wanting to make this slow or sweet. I bruised her skin where I touched, and she scratched mine as she moaned. The animalistic sides of us had been brought out by pure lust and want. I tore my clothes from my body and tossed them away from me carelessly, and kissed her long and hard. Her hands roamed my body, threading into my hair when I felt the first slam in my gut.

My eyes widened at the sudden flash of pain; a pain I couldn’t describe.

This is wrong!

Another slam. I pulled away to breathe.

She’s not the one!

My eyes squeezed shut and I hissed at the feelings of pain that covered my body, pulling me away from the woman beneath me. I wasn’t supposed to be here, this wasn’t supposed to happen. I had no problems ever before having sex with other women, but…something was stopping me. The pain grew excruciating and Cass simply sat up and regarded me like an idiot with a raised eyebrow. She was looking at me as if I had finally gone crazy. Maybe I did. The force that pulled me away from the room was so strong; I couldn’t bring myself to fight against it and the pain together. I was so focused on the pain that I hadn’t realized my feet were moving on their own accord. I stepped out of the house and instantly the pain stopped.

I took a deep breath, cool air slamming down my throat and I opened my eyes in surprise. I found myself staring up at the sky in wonderment. I listened. There was something that was calling me from the distance and I squinted, but to my surprise, couldn’t see thing for once. It sounded like a voice, a heavenly voice. It sounded like sweet music drifting on the breeze, carried to my ears. It called to me, wanted me. I felt a flash of sorrow, the deep raw pain of sadness and I slapped a hand to my chest. I stared out into the night. Autumn leaves fell to the ground around me, and I tasted the first snowflake on my breath. Looking up, it began to snow.

With all my being, I wanted to run. I wanted to find the source that was calling to me. I knew whom it was, and as much as I wanted to stay angry, the pull was stronger than ever, pulling us together. I felt a brief flash of happiness as my mind filled with images of finding her standing out in the snow, staring at me with longing, those precious eyes sad. I needed her; I knew that now. There was no way to fight what had been created from birth. I knew from the beginning, and so did she. It was destiny, it was written in the stars. We were whole together, separate pieces of a soul blended to one to create a being.

Cass’s voice rang out behind me, but it sounded so distant. The voice calling me seemed much louder, and seemed to drown out everything else going on around me. I needed to find her, I need to hold her. I just needed her. Taking the first step, I broke out in a sprint past the house towards the open meadow that was the backyard. I flashed across it with all the speed and strength I contained, and head first into the forest. I wove through the trees with agility and grace until the voice grew louder, the music filling my entire being. I felt my blood warm in my veins. She was close, and she was going to meet me half way. I skidded to a stop at the beginning of another meadow I had never been to before, and there she stood.

Snow caked her hair like a white halo, her violet blues eyes shining with tears. She stood there in a simple black lace bra and boy-cut panties, still as a statue. Tears flowed down her cheeks like tiny rivers as a look of anguish and sorrow past over her features.

“I couldn’t do it,” she said, her voice thick with emotion as shook her head, the snow falling off softly. “I couldn’t do it…”

I stood still, not moving from where I was in fear of her bolting. I could tell that she was very sensitive right now, but my body was urging me forward. I wanted to hold her, to kiss her lips, kiss her tears away and tell her everything was going to be okay. To tell her I loved her, and I wanted to marry her. I didn’t care now that I had realized I was madly in love with her. I wanted no one else; I should have known that since I first met her. I knew there could be no one else, but her.

I took a step and raised my hands in a peaceful gesture and frowned. I hated to see her cry like this, with such emotion showing on her beautiful features.

“Come to me, Hunter. There is no one else.” My words didn’t even really make sense to me, but a part of me said it was right. I felt confident in the words I spoke, believed that they would work in calming her down. I watched her features soften, the tears streaming down her cheeks as her lips trembled. In that instant, my body took over my sense of reason. In three bounds, I had her in my arms holding her tight and whispering sweet nothings into her ear. Her form trembled with sobs as she clung to me tightly, burying her face in my chest and I smoothed her hair with a frown.

“I’m so sorry for everything. I never meant to become the way I did, and I never, ever wanted to hurt you like that. I hope that you can forgive me because I have been in pain ever since,” I pleaded softly, cradling her against me, our bodies like fire as the snowflakes sizzled when they touched our skin. I heard her sniffle before she nodded her head slowly, and clung to me tighter.

“I really want to be mad at you, Zack. I want to hate you right now, for all eternity for everything you have done to me,” she said seriously, her voice hoarse from spilling her emotions. “But, I just can’t…”

I murmured to her softly and gazed back towards the house. Gently, I swept her into my arms and made the trek back and carried her straight to my chambers. I laid her gently on the bed and she simply stared off at the wall, unblinking. I lifted the blanket and pulled it up to her chin before her eyes met my own. I smiled faintly. She didn’t respond, but that was fine. For the first time in a long time, I truly felt happiness and a sense of peace I never dreamed would belong to me at last. I moved to the other side of the bed, and pulled back the blanket to crawl inside and shift comfortably to look at her, my eyes soft and caring. She looked back at me with a frown before she snuggled closer, hiding her face and I smiled widely to myself and wrapped my arms around her.

This was where I was meant to be.
♠ ♠ ♠
If anyone enjoys my long chapters, please let me know! If not, I can shorten them!

Hope you liked it! =)

<<333 lAuRa

No preview this time, because I'm sure it won't be much of a surprise what comes next ;)