When Will You Realize That I'm Your Child Too?

Chapter One

Adalae Senners worriedly picked up the phone and dialed the number that she never wanted to call. She counted the rings. She was secretly hoping that he wouldn't answer, but he did. He answered, "Hello?" She took a deep breath.

"Is Ryan there?" She asked politely.

"This is him. Who is this?" He asked, sitting down in his office.

"Adalae." She replied. His eyes widened.

"Adalae, why are you calling me? I haven't talked to you in thirteen years." He replied.

"Ryan, I have to tell you something. You might not want to hear it, but you have to."

"Well, what is it?" She took in a deep breath. He waited patiently for her reply.

"Ryan, I'm sick. Very sick. So sick that I won't make it. I have about a week and, you probably won't believe me, I left Las Vegas and you because I was pregnant." She held her breath. Ryan's mouth dropped open.

"I have a kid?" He asked.

"You have twins. Ryan, I wanted to tell you before I die. I'll be sending them to their grandparent's house when I'm gone. I just thought you should know, rather than going your whole life without knowing."

"Why can't you send them here?" He asked.

"Ry, you're famous and in a band. I don't want to ruin your career. They'll be fine staying in Brooklyn, it's not that far from where we are now."

"So you're not going to let me keep my kids when you die?"

"Ryan, that's up to you. But, I figured that with your caree-"

"Send them with me. They're my kids, I'm not going to let them stay with their grandparents after their mom just died. They at least can stay with a parent."

"Ryan, that's sweet of you but think of what you're doing."

"I know what I'm doing. I'll buy the plane ticket and everything. They'll have their own rooms and I'll make sure they're home schooled when I'm on tour." He said.

"Well, I guess. You promise you'll take care of them?"

"I promise." He said, smiling.

"Okay, well I guess you'll meet your kids in two weeks."

"Great. I guess this is the time to tell you that I'll miss you." He said sadly.

"Don't worry, Ryan. I think I always knew I would die young. I'll miss you too. Take care of the kids."

"I will. Bye."

"Goodbye, Ryan." Adalae hung up and put her head in her hands. She called her parents and told them that the twins would be staying with their father. Despite their protests, they agreed.

~~~

Ariana and Adam packed up their things in silence. Ariana packed up all of her clothes and Fall Out Boy memorabilia, while Adam packed his clothes and Panic! At The Disco memorabilia. The beds and dressers and furniture was already taken to Goodwill and they would be getting everything new when they arrived at their new home.

They didn't know where they were going. Parts of them didn't really want to know. The packed in silence and let the tears fall freely. They packed the family pictures and the old gifts they received from their mom when they were just toddlers. They packed little notes they saved from when she would sneak them into their lunches in elementary school. They saved the guitar pics she gave them when they turned eleven and saved every piece of music that reminded them of her.

The carried all of their luggage down the stairs and put it into the back of the black town car. They were driven to the airport and put on a plane, "Las Vegas?" Adam asked. Ariana turned to him.

"We have family in Las Vegas? Did Grandma and Grandpa move?" Adam looked down at his ticket then looked up, smiling a little.

"Maybe we'll run into Panic! At The Disco," Ariana scowled and Adam gulped, "Of course they'll have Fall Out Boy with them." He added. She smiled approvingly them frowned.

"I miss Mom." She said. Adam put an arm around her.

"I miss her too. But you know she would want us to move on. We'll be happy again, you'll see. We have each other still." He smiled. Ariana smiled.

"I guess you're right. I know you'll be happy, living in the same city as your favorite band." Ariana laughed.

"True. What if I meet Ryan Ross? I can ask him so many questions. Imagine, meeting my hero?" Ariana smiled.

"Well, just don't bore the death out of him." Adam laughed.

"As long as you don't rape Pete Wentz."

"You can't rape the willing." She smiled. Adam laughed.

The walked out of the airport and looked for their grandparents or someone that looked like them. They noticed a man holding up a sign with ROSS in big letters. The walked over to him and he silently led them out to a black Mercedes. They were shocked. They lived in the slums of New York and had never seen such a nice car.

They sat silently in the back seat, gazing out onto the various hotels and casinos and bars. They passed the Mirage and the Luxor. They passed the Palms and were headed towards he quieter part of Las Vegas. They passed large houses and extravagant cars. They looked at each other, "They must be loaded." Adam whispered so low that Ariana barely heard. She nodded and they pulled in front of a large tan house with a large front yard. There was a teal Mercedes parked in front of the garage.

The man got out and opened the door for them and took out their luggage. Adam grabbed his bags and rushed to the door, while Ariana slowly followed behind. Adam rang the doorbell and Ariana went back to get another one of her bags so she wouldn't have to make two trips.

The door opened and Adam's eyes widened. Ryan pulled his son into a hug, "Come in! Come in!" He welcomed, "I'm so happy I have boys. Where's your brother?" He asked. Adam looked at him confused.

"Brother? Sir, I don't have a brother."

"But your mom said you have a twin." Ryan explained. Adam was about to reply when Ariana walked in, her eyes wide.

"I have a twin sister." He smiled and put an arm around her. Ryan stood there, he was hoping for two boys. He knew how high maintenance girls were.

"Oh..." He trailed off.

"Anyways, I'm Adam." Adam smiled.

"And I'm Ariana." Ariana replied softly. Ryan eyed his daughter up and down.

"So, why don't you leave your bags here and you can come meet the band." He smiled and turned on his heels. Adam and Ariana linked arms and followed.

The living room had a large plasma mounted on the wall and a surround sound system. The couches were large and seemed that if you leaned too far into them, you would drown. There was a coffee table in the middle with various sheets of paper on it, which were lyrics Ryan was showing to his band-mates for the new album, "Guys this is Adam and Adriana." Ryan smiled. Ariana frowned.

"It's Ariana." Adam corrected him.

"Oh, Ariana." Ryan said. The three men stood up and smiled at them.

"Do you already know who we are?" A man in flip-flops asked. Ariana and Adam nodded.

"That's good." Spencer smiled.

"We all live here, so we're pretty much your uncles now." Brendon smiled. Adam and Ariana nodded.

"Your rooms are upstairs and next to each other. Adam's room is blue and Ariana's room is red," Ryan explained, "You two can go and unpack and we can go out to eat. Pete and the guys can't wait to meet you." He smiled, mainly at Adam. They nodded. Ariana biting back a fan-girly scream at the mention of Pete.

They unpacked their things and met up in Adam's room, "So do you feel like you're dreaming?" Ariana joked.

"Dude, you have no idea." Adam smiled.

"And we're going to meet Fall Out Boy!" Ariana screamed in a whisper. Adam hugged his sister.

"Yes, but remember our deal." He joked. She rolled her eyes and they walked down the stairs to the living room. The guys led them out to Jon's silver truck. The twins climbed into the very back, while Jon drove with Ryan in the passenger and Brendon and Spencer in the back seat.

"So do you two play any instruments?" Spencer asked. Adam smiled.

"I play guitar, bass, piano, drums, saxophone, trumpet, and tuba." He smiled proudly. Ariana smiled at him.

"Wow. And what about you, Ariana?" Jon asked.

"Guitar, drums, and piano." She said quietly.

"Do you play any sports?"

"We both ride dirt bikes and race." Ariana was tempted to tell them that she was a dancer, but no on ever believed that dance was considered a sport, so she kept her mouth shut.

"Well you two can go ride behind the backyard. There's tons of dirt and hills," Brendon smiled, "We can go tomorrow." He suggested. Adam and Ariana nodded and the truck pulled into the parking lot of a restaurant. Everyone got out and Adam linked arms with his sister, who was already about to faint at the sight of Andy Hurley, Joe Trohman, Pete Wentz, and Patrick Stump.