When Will You Realize That I'm Your Child Too?

Chapter Sixteen

Ryan walked up the stairs after explaining the whole fiasco to everyone. As they all took in the news, he rushed up the stairs to search for Ariana. She wasn't in her room or his. He searched in all of the bedrooms before heading to the music room. He opened the door slightly and peeked in. Ariana was on the floor, her hands roaming over the frets of one of Ryan's guitars laying flat on the ground. She mouthed words, since she couldn't sing them. She made squeaks and whimpers here and there, but not once did a word come out.

Ryan pushed the door all the way open before walking over and sitting down on the ground next to her, "Ariana?" He asked. She looked to him with tear stained cheeks, "Sweetie, I know this is hard, but you have to move on. The doctors are trying to find ways to get your voice back, kay?" She nodded, "You wanna come downstairs?" He asked. She shook her head and yawned, but only a squeak came out. He smiled sadly before standing up and grabbing her hand. He lifted her up princess-style and she wrapped her arms around his neck as he carried her to her bed. He set her down and walked out so she could change. She opened her door again and Ryan walked in with blankets and two pillows. Beside Ariana's bed he started to make a small bed for himself on the hard wooden floor. She gave him a questioning look, "The doctor told me you'd have side-effects. Headaches, stomachaches, sleepiness and a whole bunch of other things. I'm gonna stay in here in case you need anything. So just shake me awake of you do need something, kay?" She nodded and climbed into her own bed. He stood up and tucked her in, "Goodnight. I love you, no matter what, kay?" She smiled and nodded before he pecked her cheek.

Ryan lay in his make-shift bed and listened to Ariana's soft breathing. He was afraid of falling asleep. He was afraid that she would need help and he would be too tired to wake up, or if she ran away because having no voice was too much stress. He stayed up, thinking about what his fans and what her fans would think. He hoped with all of his heart that the doctors would find a way to get her voice back. He prayed, "I see you didn't take the news very well." A voice said softly. Ryan sat up and stared at the ghostly figure sitting on Ariana's dresser.

"What would you have done? She had a gift and it was taken away from her...Remind me to call my lawyer tomorrow." He said. Adalae sighed.

"Call the lawyer tomorrow...Anyways, you should be happy she's alive. It was a miracle she made it. Did the doctors tell you that?" Ryan shook his head, "Well, before they called you, her heart sped up so much they thought she would die. She didn't though."

"Why did this have to happen to her?" He asked. Adalae shrugged.

"Don't know. Been trying to make an appointment with the Big Man for quite some time now, to get answers. He's booked all the way until August." She huffed. Ryan let out a small laugh.

"I'm shocked you even got into Heaven." He smirked.

"Haha, very funny," She said sarcastically, "Anyways, thanks for not going back to treating her like shit. Just make sure you're there for her, kay?"

"Okay."

"Well, goodnight, Ryan. Sleep well." Adalae started to fade away.

"Wait!" Ryan called. She came back to her normal form.

"What?" She asked.

"I love you. And thanks...for everything." He said softly. Adalae floated over and pecked his lips. A shock of chilling vibrations was sent through him.

"I love you too. And your welcome."
♠ ♠ ♠
Short.
I'll update tomorrow morning.
Just because I love you guys =D
xoxogreysceneyou!