When Will You Realize That I'm Your Child Too?

Chapter Nineteen

Ariana and Adam waited in the recording room. Ryan was showing them all of the things that could be done in the room. He was showing them the buttons, mics, instruments, computers...He trailed off at the sight of Keltie walking in, "Hey guys! Oh! You must be the twins!" She said excitedly, "I'm Keltie." She greeted.

"I'm Adam, and this is my sister, Ariana." Adam replied.

"So you must be the dancer I've heard about!" Keltie smiled. Ariana nodded and grinned.

"Hey, Keltie, you wanna come with me to get some equipment?" Brendon asked.

"Alright. I'll be right back."

Brendon and Keltie walked along the halls, making random conversation. Until Brendon turned serious, "Keltie, do you have feelings for Ryan?" He asked. She smiled.

"Well, he seems amazing, but I'm not a homewrecker. I won't try to sabotage his marriage." She explained.

"He's not married. That's the thing...He's been going through a lot lately, and I know he has strong feelings for you. Adalae, the kids' mom, died last year. He didn't know about the twins until then, he decided to take them in. In the beginning, he showed more love towards Adam than Ariana. One day, she ran off to New York to her grandparent's house. He found her and after that everything was perfect. Then," He sighed, remembering that awful day, "Ariana got grounded and she went up to her room. She snuck out to go motocrossing with some friends. She ended up racing in the dark and a girl pushed her off her bike. At the hospital, she fell into a coma. When she woke up, the doctors said that some sort of virus attacked her vocal chords...She lost her voice. She was an amazing singer and Ryan truly was proud, but now that's gone. He's been doing everything he can to find a way to get her voice back...That's why he may seem distant. Spencer and Jon don't want him to get too involved with dating because they think he should focus more on the kids." Brendon explained. Keltie stood there, shocked.

"Wow," She whispered, "I-I don't know what to say...I mean, I have feelings for him too, but I don't want him to forget about his kids. He has enough on his plate already." Keltie said. Brendon nodded.

"I know. I figured I would let you know everything that was happening. Don't tell him that I spilled that he likes you." Brendon smiled. She laughed.

"I won't. I promise."

Keltie recorded the band as if nothing was strange. She ignored Ryan staring at her, she ignored the warning glances Spencer would give him, she ignored the fact that Ryan always messed up when he was playing in front of her.

Ariana and Adam sat patiently, watching the band work. Whenever there was breaks, Keltie would talk with them, or at least Adam. Ariana smiled and nodded or would write things on paper to talk with Keltie.

~~~

"I was thinking...Maybe you want to go get dinner sometime?" Ryan asked, a bit nervous. Keltie bit her lip.

"Yeah, that would be nice." She smiled. He wrote down his number on a piece of paper and handed it to her before turning on his heels to walk to the car, where Adam and Ariana sat in the back seat with their arms crossed over their chests, pouting.

"How could he do that to mom?" Adam asked, shaking his head.

'He's Ryan Ross...He can do whatever the hell he wants' Ariana wrote. Adam shook his head and Ryan slid into the car.

"We're gonna head over to the airport. You're coming with me to visit Pete and the guys." Ryan said happily.

"Fine." Adam said, his voice low. Ryan gave him a questioning look, but focused his attention back on the road.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short.
Sorry.