When Will You Realize That I'm Your Child Too?

Chapter Twenty-Three

"Ry, I know you love her. Just tell her!" Adalae tried to convince.

"No! I don't love her! I just like her as a friend." Ryan stated, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Ryan, you know that the longer you put it off, the longer you have with me...You two need to realize how much you love each other. Let her know!"

"No! Adalae, I don't want you to leave!" Ryan said, "Don't leave! I love you too!" He begged. She sighed.

"Babe, I won't be gone entirely. You'll see little signs of me here and there. Besides, if you let me go, then I can move on." She said softly.

"I love you." Ryan whispered.

"Do you? Do you really? Think Ryan...You never thought about me before you found out about the kids. You love me because I brought something wonderful into your world. You don't love me. You love Keltie. Don't you see it? Once you found out that you had twins, you all of a sudden fell in love again."

"But-"

"I'm not finished...You have to understand, Ry. Love isn't a game. You can't play people like what had been done to you. Remember that. Remember the reason why so many of your lyrics were angry. You were cheated on. Somebody led you on. And that's what you're doing to Keltie. Please, Ryan...understand." Ryan looked up.

"You're right." He said sadly.

"I know it's still hard to see me go. I was your best friend and we still can be best friends. You'll be with me one day. You and Keltie. Besides, I'd love to meet her...Just not anytime soon." She winked. Ryan let out a small laugh at the joke and stood up.

"I love you, Adalae. I always will." He smiled.

"I love you too, Ryan. Take care of the kids. I'll be watching them." She smiled and kissed his cheek before embracing in a long hug.


Ryan walked down the stairs and smiled at Keltie helping Ariana with Algebra homework, "Hey, Sweetie." He grinned and pecked her cheek and she laughed.

"You're mighty happy today." She said cheerfully.

"Yup. How was school, Ariana?" He asked.

"Fine. But I hate homework. Thank goodness Keltie is smart." She giggled. Keltie laughed and messed up her hair a bit. Adam walked down the stairs at this moment.

"Hey, Keltie. Hi, Dad." He smiled.

"Hi Ariana, how was your day? Why, my day was great, Adam, and yours?" Ariana said sarcastically. Adam laughed.

"Anyways, Dad can I go to a show?" He asked.

"Hm, which show?"

"Uh...Jobforacowboy." He said quickly. Ryan eyed him suspiciously.

"What was that?" He asked.

"Job for a Cowboy." Adam said slower. Ryan sighed.

"Adam, you're tiny. You take after me-"

"-cough-Conceited-cough" Ariana said. Ryan glared.

"-I guess you can go as long as you take Spencer. He likes that band and is good in mosh pits." Ryan said.

"YES!" Adam yelled before running off to phone Spencer.

"Ariana, will you go and make sure he doesn't kill Spencer with excitement?" Ryan asked. She laughed and ran after Adam.

"What's up?" Keltie asked. Ryan turned to her.

"You and this kids get along great..."

"Yes! I'm so happy, Ryan this is great!" She smiled widely. He laughed.

"Which is why I want you to move in with me." He grinned. Her eyes widened.

"R-Ryan, are you sure? I mean, we've only dated for a few months an-"

"I already talked to the kids." He smiled. He grinned and hugged him.

"I'd love to move in," She smiled, "But, Ryan, why do you really want me to move in?" She asked, curious.

"Because I love you."

Adalae peered down at the couple as Keltie replied with an 'I love you too'. She smiled and air kissed Ryan's cheek and Keltie's cheek, as a symbol of goodluck. She floated up the stairs and could see the two kids asleep.

"M-Mom?" Adam asked.

"M-Mommy?" Ariana questioned. Adalae smiled.

"Hey! I miss you. I don't have much time..."

"Mom, why are you here? I thought you we-"

"I am, Sweetheart, I am. But I need you to do something for me."

"Anything." Adam smiled.

"I need you to love Keltie. Your dad loves her and she needs a family too. Don't worry, she won't try to take my place. She's too nice to. But please accept her. She cares a lot about you too." Adam and Ariana glanced at each other.

"Don't worry, Mom, we already do love her." They smiled. Adalae kissed their cheeks before they suddenly fell back to sleep and she was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Epilouge will be up soon =D