Status: on hiatus

Beatlemania!

Paul Puts In His Two Pence

I hadn’t seen Alice in days before I bothered to ask Ringo or George where she was. I just assumed she would resurface from her work soon. I didn’t want to fight with her, so I let her be.

The trouble was simply filling up my time. The Beatles weren’t doing anything with John in Spain doing the film, and George had just announced that he was going to India with Pattie for a bit. Ringo stayed put with Mo.

I decided to make a movie score. I liked being connected to music, even if it was something small. It then struck me that the one person who would have been genuinely happy for me was busy.

“Hey, George, have you seen Alice?” I asked him over the phone that evening.

“She’s off in Spain with John, isn’t she?” I could hear him shrugging it off.

“She’s where? With who?” I repeated sharply.

George snorted. “She left a couple days ago.”

“But why didn’t she tell me?” I complained indignantly.

George was silent. “If you don’t know then you really are a pig, McCartney.”

“What?” I spluttered. “What have you gotten your knickers in a twist for?”

“I really like Alice,” he announced.

I frowned. “Yes, I like Alice quite a lot as well, thank you very much.”

“Well then you’ve got a funny way of showing it.”

George hung up and I was left with confusion and more confusion.

Had Alice left me? Nobody had really left me. Jane and I were an oncoming disaster. When she decided to break it off, nobody was surprised. But Alice? I thought things were alright.

What had I gone and done now?
♠ ♠ ♠
Teeny tiny, isn't it? The next chapter is short too, I'm afraid!