Status: on hiatus

Beatlemania!

We Love You, Ritchie.

When Ringo showed up, I kissed his cheek, told him I loved him, and then let him and Paul talk. I sat alone in the kitchen, listening to them.

“I’m sick of being the odd one out,” Ringo sniffed. “You three are the genius songwriters, and you’re all close. I’m left out all the time.”

“You’re joking!” Paul laughed. “I thought I was the one left out!”

“Yer pullin’ me leg, Paulie. You know we love ya,” Ringo clapped him on the back.

“Then you have to know we love you too,” Paul replied quickly.

Ringo nodded. “Well, I’m off. I think I’ll chat with John a bit.”
~

The studio was missing a Beatles the next day. Ringo had gone on holiday, and the boys were left without a drummer.

“I wanted to record USSR today,” Paul moaned.

I smiled at him and kissed his pouty lips. “I have to go, you three, so I’ll see you at eight? Try to finish early, I feel like I haven’t seen you properly in ages,” I whispered to Paul, before kissing him one more time and leaving the studio, wishing Yoko would follow me and leave the boys to record.
~
~
Ritchie:

I hope you know that all of us here love you STOP. You make the Beatles who they are, and no one can replace you STOP. Get home soon, you silly boy STOP. Your brothers and sister miss you STOP.

Love,
Alice STOP

My Dearest Ringo,

I do hope you come back to England STOP. Pigs, Git, and myself really miss having our favourite drummer STOP. Paul has had to fill in for you and to be frank he is quite a fooking terrible drummer STOP.
You’re the best drummer on the planet, mate STOP. Sorry I haven’t been telling you all these years STOP.

-Winnie STOP

Rings-

Come back mate STOP. The band has fallen to bits without you STOP. Plus I am terrible on the drums and John can’t seem to let it go STOP.

COME HOME!

-Paul

Ringooo:

I was about to walk out on the band you silly twit STOP. I can’t believe you stole my thunder STOP. Clearly I am the odd Beatle out STOP. So why did you leave STOP.
Get back here you git STOP. You’re the best drummer we’ve ever had, or will ever have STOP.

-George
~
Ringo came back soon enough, full of apologies. George and I arranged to have the entire studio (mainly his drums) covered in flowers, and Ritchie was greeted with kisses all around, even from John.

“Ringo, we love you; you have to know that,” I teased, kissing his cheek.

“I can’t believe I ever did,” Ritchie smiled fondly at his decked out drum kit.

The sessions were good that day, and up in the pulpit George Martin and I exchanged a smile. Things weren’t ever going to go back to the mom-top days, but this was as close as it got.
~
The next week, I received a letter of apology from Liam. It was long overdue, since we hadn’t seen each other in two months, but he apologized profusely for his behaviour, and then we began to exchange letters.

At first, I didn’t want to tell Paul. After all, Liam had been a sore subject in New York, and things were finally good between us. However, the letters became more friendly and frequent,

I decided I had better just tell him.

“Paul?” I asked worriedly one night after he had come home early from the studio.

He smiled at me and kissed my forehead. “Yes, love?”

“I have something to tell you, but it’s...difficult,” I twisted my hair nervously.

Paul’s brown-green eyes were fixed on me, waiting for me to speak.

“I...Liam sent me a letter a couple of days ago,” I lied about how long the letters had been coming and going.

“What did it say?” Paul asked nonchalantly.

“He just wanted to apologize for kissing me back in New York. He just wants to be friends. I sent him a reply yesterday.”

Paul sighed. “I suppose I can’t tell you to stop talking to him.”

“Well you could, but I might not listen,” I teased. “It’s just another friend for me to write to.”

Paul buried his head into my neck. “But he’s a...boy.”

“Oh hush, you. I’m sure you have plenty girl-type friends,” I rolled my eyes, kissing his head.

“It’s different. It’s like me writing to Jane,” he mumbled.

I picked his head up and looked into his beautiful eyes.

“I don’t want to fight, Paul. I’m doing this. You can write to Jane if you like,” I smiled.

Paul grabbed my waist. “You’re cheeky, you are!”

“What are you going to do about it?” I asked seductively, kissing his mouth sensuously.

He groaned. “This conversation is not over, young lady!”

“So talk!” I dared him.

Paul gulped as I kissed his neck and pressed myself up against him.

“Fine!” he growled. “You win this time.”

With a triumphant smile, I let him drag me into the bedroom and slam the door shut.
~

John watched his best friend strum his base miserably. He hated it when the band wasn’t working. Alice had left hours ago, and no one was functioning.

“Shall we take a break, lads?” John suggested.

George nodded gratefully, and Paul sighed and let his bass droop. John locked eyes with George and pointed at Paul. George nodded understandingly.

John turned to Yoko.

“Yoko, love. Do you mind if we talk to Paulie alone for a bit? See you at home, yeah?” John asked quietly.

Yoko nodded unwillingly. She kissed his cheek and left.

“So, Paulie,” George relaxed as soon as Yoko disappeared. “Anything you’d like to talk about?”

“I...No. We’ll just try this again tomorrow, lads,” Paul rubbed his tired eyes.

“Up all night romping around with Alice?” Ringo joked, putting down his drumsticks.

John felt his stomach turn when he heard that. Why should that bother him? He was in love with Yoko. Yoko...

“Not even. Couldn’t sleep,” Paul yawned.

“Speaking of Alice, are there any wedding bells in that area?” George asked curiously.

John listened expectantly.

Paul looked surprised. “Of course there are. I want to marry her; I just don’t know when.”

“Does she know you want to marry her?” Ringo asked sceptically.

McCartney shrugged. “I’m sure she does.”

“Isn’t she writing to that git Liam these days?” John remarked.

Paul nodded darkly. “Don’t remind me.”

“Didn’t he ask her to marry him?” John continued.

Paul paled considerably.

John smirked. “Just something to think about, mate.”
~
“Hey Jude” was finally finished recording, and was released near the end of August along with John’s “Revolution.” I loved both the rock n’ roll version and the slow version, but George was keen on releasing the loud one to make a statement.

“Every word in that song is true,” George insisted. “I’m glad it was a single.”

This single in particular was a favourite of mine. It was the first time that I felt that the B-side and the A-side were equally fantastic. The fans seemed to feel the same way, and the single was met with rave reviews.

Aside from the stressful days in various studios, the Beatles were off doing non-Beatle things too.

Ringo was actually filming a movie, “Candy,” with Marlon Brando and Richard Burton. It didn’t sound too good, and there was lots of swearing from the looks of it, but Ringo was having a good time, and we all made sure to compliment him more often after the previous fiasco.

George was creating a soundtrack to the movie “Wonderwall.” He was trying desperately to get more people into Indian music.

John was working on another album with Yoko. I didn’t know much about that one.

Paul was being very secretive about certain things. Papers rustling about whenever I walked in, and nervousness. I wondered vaguely if he had cheated on me, but I sucking in a breath and told myself over and over that he wouldn’t dare. He loved me, and we were sleeping together often enough.

In fact, I was beginning to get a little impatient. I mean, was he ever going to ask me to marry him? We had known each other for years! And we had been dating for a year. I loved him with all my heart and he told me he loved me too.

Would it kill him to give a girl a little security?
~

Suddenly, in the beginning of September, the boys started talking about taking a trip to Greece together.

“It’ll be just like India,” John raved. “Just relaxation.”

I frowned. I didn’t really want to go on a trip with Yoko, and George and Pattie felt the same. Mo couldn’t even think about going with Zak and Jason.

I asked Paul about it and he blushed.

“That was supposed to be a trip for just you and me. But John found out and demanded why I was being so secretive. I lied and told him that there was an island there that I think we could invest in. Now they all want to come? Oh shit!”

I laughed and kissed Paul lovingly. “I’ll talk John out of it. We’ll go...just us. When do we leave?”

“November first,” Paul grinned, covering my mouth with his.

“November first,” I repeated. “Lovely.”
~
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just a bit of a filler chapter: the next one will cover Greece!
Here we go: Happy Sunday, readers!
This one's a bit short (sorry about that.)

Comments? Or have half of my readers left me? :(