Status: Active :)

Lost In The Stereo Sound

Dix-Huit

Natalie's POV:
The scene in front of me was astonishing. I blinked in the hopes that the image would clear my mind, but it wouldn't go away. I didn't realize I was holding my breath until the guy who'd let me on the bus cleared his throat and shifted uncomfortably.

"I'll let you two work this," he said gesturing the view ahead of us, "out."

At the sound of his voice, the scene in front of me moved. Alex was laying, shirtless, with his arm around a bare blonde's back. There was a flannel blanket covering the lower half of their bodies. The blonde girl started to stir under the blanket and sat up. She looked around the room, which had clothing everywhere, and up to us. A sly smile crossed her lips as she reached for her shirt and shorts. Swiftly, she put them on and grabbed her shoes.

"See ya, Gaskarth," she said as she passed us on her way out of the bus.

Alex, responding to what she'd said, awoke and sat up. He rubbed his eyes and looked around the room. He shook his head and grabbed for his shirt which was near his feet. He pulled it over his head she messed up his hair. With a sigh he looked around the room and his eyes focused on me standing in the door way.

"Nat," he said nervously, "what are you doing here?"

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I asked crossing my arms.

"What are you talking about?" he asked looking around the room.

"I saw that girl you were with, Alex, so don't try to play dumb," I said venomously

"She... Nat, she doesn't... I-"

"Save it, asshole," I said turning my back toward him.

"I love you, Natalie," Alex called after me. The guy who'd let me on the bus looked stunned and gave me sorry face.

"Keep lying, Alex," I yelled as I climbed down the bus stairs.

By this point, tears were freely flowing down my face. I pulled the hood over my head and pulled out sunglasses to hide it.

"Nat, stop it," Alex yelled running after me, "Come back!"

"Fuck off," I yelled as I kept walking towards our bus.

I turned around a few steps later, and he was just standing there with his jeans in his hands staring at me walking away. He didn't even try to come after me.

Alex's POV:
I woke up with a pounding headache to the sight of my girlfriend staring at me with an astonished look on her face. I looked around and noticed that my clothes were absent from my body. I couldn't even focus on anything because my head was pounding so loudly. To be 100% honest, I couldn't remember anything from last night. I remember starting the night taking shots of Malibu with a friend, but other than that, nothing. Something had gone completely wrong.

She walked out on me and I couldn't think clearly enough to stop her from doing it. I knew I'd fucked up, but I also knew that I wouldn't have ever done it had I been aware.

"What the fuck, Alex," Jack said running up to me a few minutes later. I'd been sitting in a random lawn chair next to a random bus. "I've been looking for you for a long time," he huffed.

"Sorry," I said staring straight ahead.

"What the hell did you do?" Jack said looking worriedly down at me as he plopped into the chair next to me.

"I fucked Nicole," I said casually.

"What?!" Jack yelled looking completely surprised. "Alex!"

"Yep," I said blinking.

"Where's Nat?" he asked harshly.

"I don't know. She ran when she saw," I said saying minimally.

"She... she saw you two?" Jack said eyes wider than ever.

"Yep," I nodded.

"How could you do that to her?" Jack said seriously.

"I can't remember a thing from last night," I said finally breaking my gaze.

"Did you black out?" Jack asked.

"No. I remember taking a shot of Malibu, but after that, I can't remember a single thing until I woke up this morning," I said.

"Not to be... weird or anything, but do you think maybe you got drugged?" Jack asked slowly.

"Yeah," I chuckled, "the dudes want me."

"Well, it's the only explanation as to why you don't remember anything," Jack defended.

"That's preposterous," I said continuing to laugh.

"Well, you never know..." Jack trailed off.

"Have you seen her?" I asked a minute or so later.

"Yeah," Jack said. An angry wrinkle formed on his forehead.

"How is she?" I asked not sure if I wanted to know the answer.

"She's in her bunk," Jack said. "She won't talk to anyone."

"Fuck," I said exhaling loudly.

"Maybe you should go talk to her?" Jack suggested.

"I will, later," I admitted. "I need to think of the right words."

Natalie's POV:
As I lay in my bunk, all I could think about was the fact that we were at the town before D.C. and how close to home we were. Also, the fact that I was going to be boarding a plane to California in about 48 hours. Maybe it was good that this happened now and not later. The academic year hadn't started and nothing was going to stop me from achieving my dream. I didn't need Alex. I could leave and soon enough, I'd forget about him. It's not like I hadn't done it before.

I'd made up my mind. I slowly peeked through the curtains and saw that the bus was completely empty. I jumped out of the bunk and hurriedly gathered all of my belongings in sight. I'd kept my suitcase in the shower, luckily, and I hurried to shove all of my things inside it. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and dialed the operator to order a cab. Just then, someone opened the bus door. Terrified, I froze.

"Hello, my name is Tamera, how can I direct your call?" the woman on the line said. It was Matt. He just stared at me. I could see the pity in his eyes and he didn't say a word.

"Hi, I need to be connected to the nearest cab service," I said slowly not breaking my gaze. Matt swallowed.

"Surely, darling, just a minute."

"Nat, don't do that," Matt protested.

"I can't stay here," I said in disbelief that he'd say something that bold.

"Hello?" the guy on the phone said.

"Hi, I'm in need of a cab service from the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater to Baltimore," I said turning around.

"We don't service that far. The furthest we drive to is D.C.," the man said.

"That's fine," I explained. "Just get here as soon as possible."

"Of course," the man said. "Can I have your name?"

"Natalie," I said and hung up the phone.

"Nat, you can't leave," Matt said trying to protest.

"It's settled," I said curtly.

"I'm sorry," he said finally.

"Can you do me a favor?" I asked as I grabbed my sunglasses off the counter.

"Sure," Matt said clearly feeling bad for me.

"Don't say anything," I said.

"Natalie... Alex is my friend," Matt said putting his hands up in defense.

"Whatever," I said grabbing my suitcase and hauled it down the bus stairs.

"You can't ask me to do that," Matt said again.

"Do whatever," I said again. "See ya," I said with a sarcastic wave as I headed towards the entrance of the amphitheater.

Fuck you, Alex Gaskarth and your stupid friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments make me smile :) Also, I'm beyond obsessed with MCRs new album.