Status: Active :)

Lost In The Stereo Sound

Cinq.

Alex's POV:
"Dude," Jack said with cheetos in his mouth, "I can't believe prom is tomorrow."

"Me neither," I said while crushing Zack is Madden '06.

"Just because you play all of this shit all day long doesn't mean you're better than me," Zack said as the game ended 21-0.

"Yeah," I joked, "ok."

"I'm a million times better than you at skateboarding," Zack concluded.

"True," I agreed. "Wanna play Rian?"

"Hell no," he said grabbing some potato chips.

"Jack?" I asked as a last resort.

"Nope," he said, mouth full of chips again.

"You all suck," I said turning off the game console and flipping through TV.

"Are you ready to go with Natalie?" Jack asked as he started to lick the cheese off his fingers.

"Yeah," I said. "All I have to do is pick up my tux and her flowers tomorrow."

"I'm so glad we get the day off the get ready," Jack said with a sigh.

"Your hair takes hours," Zack added.

"The limo ride there will be ridiculous," Rian said with a giant smile on his face.

"I know!" I agreed. I have to admit, I could NOT fucking wait.

Natalie's POV:
"Natty, I think you should probably get a manicure and a pedicure," Kara said plopping on my bed. "Did you even make a hair appointment for tomorrow?"

"Nope," I said. "I want to do my own hair. And that mani/pedi sounds good to me."

"Want to go now?" Kara asked.

"Of course!" I said. "Should we invite Jess and Katie?" Jess was going with Jack and Katie was going with Zack.

"Oh yeah," Kara said. "Wow, I'm a gigantic bitch."

I called them to come over while Kara walked around my room looking at everything. The second I got off the phone she opened her mouth.

"Can I see your dress?" she asked with wide eyes.

"Yeah it's on the mannequin in my closet," I said walking into it. "Ta da."

"Holy shit, Natalie!" Kara exclaimed. "It's BEAUTIFUL!"

I was quite fond of it. It was a pale blue chiffon floor length dress. I showed her my shoes I was planning to wear with it, which were silver, and the jewelry I planned on wearing with it. I wasn't too flashy so it was a simple Tiffany's silver necklace and matching bracelet.

"I'm in love with it," Kara gushed. "Want to see mine?"

"Yes," I said handing her my MacBook.

"Here it is!" she said quickly finding it.

"Wow," I said. "That will look amazing with your hair color."

The dress was a classic blue patterned floor length gown from BCBG.

"Thanks!" she said with a large smile. "Katie's is pastel green and will look so amazing with her red hair. And I'm pretty sure Jess' dress is short and hot pink," Kara said rolling her eyes.

"That is so Jess," I said with a laugh.

It's not that we didn't like Jess, it's just that she was the typical girl Jack would date. Fake blonde, mildly orange, huge tits, and long legs. She was really nice, but also one of the stupidest people I'd ever met. Katie, on the other hand, would be joining me in California at UCLA. We had gotten close, but not as close and I had gotten with Kara. She was going to stay at home and go to Towson which was fifteen minutes away from high school. I was really going to miss her.

The doorbell rang and we all left to get manicures and pedicures at the closest nail salon. Since it was my idea to invite everyone, I paid for all of their manicures and pedicures. The nail technicians loved us and bid us good-luck as we left. We all jumped in my car and head over to my house. We all hung out for a few hours and soon enough people started leaving. Namely, Katie and Jess. Kara and I had planned to sleep over and we would get ready the next day together. Seeing that we had our nails done, we would sleep in and I would do her hair.

The next morning, we awoke at the crack of noon. We both showered and let our hair dry as we ate some breakfast. My mother was more excited for this day than I was, I think. She was running around the house trying to make everything perfect. It was amusing. With the help of a blowdryer, I did Kara's hair the exact way she wanted it.

"You should seriously consider a career in hairdressing," she said as she examined her hair with a mirror. "You fucking rock."

"Thanks Kar-bear," I said. "Now you have to help me, or else I'm fucked. We have to leave in an hour and my hair looks like shit."

It honestly had never dried this messy in my life. I sat there and contemplated what I could possibly do it so that it looked decent. I sprayed my hair with hairspray against Kara's pleads not to and brushed it. It looked even worse which was perfect for my master plan. I gave Kara a few small pieces of hair to braid for me as I started to pin the rest of it up with bobby pins. It looked touseled and carefree, which made my happy. Grabbing the braids from Kara, I pinned them across my head to that it looked like a headband. I have to say, I was pleased with the final product.

Carefully, Kara and I got dressed without messing up our hair or makeup. I decided to put some on for a change and added some eyeliner and mascara. Kara insisted on wearing some sort of lip gloss, so I had that on too along with eyeshadow which made my eyes look smoky. I think it was the most make up I'd ever worn in my life and I was mildly self-conscious. Kara said looked good, so I took her word for it.

"Seriously, Nat," Kara said putting her hand on her hip, "your green eyes pop that much more with the make-up."

"Are you sure?" I asked looking in the mirror for the last time. "I feel weird."

"Shut up," she said pulling my arm so I couldn't stare at myself and wonder anymore.

"Are you girls ready?" my mom asked before opening my door.

"Yes!" we both said as she walked in.

My mom teared up a little and took far too many pictures for my liking. Soon enough, it was time for Kara and I to venture on over to Rian's house where pictures would be taken. We carefully got in my car and made sure to keep the top up so that our hair wouldn't get messed up. I had to admit, I was nervous as to what Alex would think I looked like. I couldn't tell if he would like the make-up or not.

"Are you alright?" Kara asked as I hesitated to get out of the car. I looked up the street to see if Alex was here. His car was parked a few cars ahead of mine and just knowing that he was inside Rian's house made me want to throw up.

"Yeah," I said uneasily taking a deep breath.

"Well, you don't look like it," Kara said grabbing Rian's corsage from the dashboard as she carefully climbed out.

"I'm just nervous," I said as I did the same.

"Why?" she asked totally flabbergasted.

"I don't know," I said.

"Is it about Alex?" she guessed correctly. I nodded. "Can you seriously not see that he is madly in love with you?"

"No he's not," I said wrinkling my nose. "We're friends, Kara."

"Right," she said with a smirk as she rang the doorbell.

"Hello, ladies," Jack said opening the door. Jess was on his arm wearing the shortest and brightest pink dress I'd ever seen. She just smiled. "You look hot. But you'd look even hotter on my arm."

"Get out of the way, Jack," Rian said coming up behind him and pushing him out of the way. He greeted Kara with a kiss and started telling her how beautiful she looked. Not that she didn't look gorgeous, but he was her boyfriend and of course he would say something like that to her. It made me that much more nervous.

"Natalie!" Zack said coming down from upstairs. "You look amazing!"

"Thanks," I said as I hugged him. Where the fuck is Alex?

As if on cue, Alex rounded the corner from the kitchen. He looked amazing in his tux, I had to say. The boy cleans up nicely.

Alex's POV:
"Natalie!" Zack yelled from upstairs. "You look amazing!"

I had heard the doorbell ring as I was talking to my mom about Natalie seeing that she had met everyone else that I hung out with except her. Eager to see her, I excused myself from the conversation and walked around the corner to the foyer.

The second I saw her, my heart started racing. I couldn't believe how beautiful she looked in something so simple. She was dressed up and wearing make-up for once, but it was all in good taste and genuine to who she was. It wasn't over done or too casual. I could not believe that she was my date.

"Natalie," I said barely able to find words to describe how amazing she looked, "you look gorgeous."

"Really?" she said looking self-conscious for a second.

"Yes," Jack said interrupting. "If I were gay, I'd go straight."

"Thanks, Jacky," Natalie said hugging him.

Her skin was glowing and her smile radiated beauty. Her golden hair was perfection. I felt so differently when I was with her, it scared me. Natalie grabbed my hand and walked me into the side room.

"My mom is coming," she said. "She wants pictures."

"So does mine," I said. "Well, she sort of wants to meet you first."

"Right!" she said looking nervous.

"She's awesome," I explained. "Seriously."

"Alright," she said following me as I headed to where the rest of the parents were congregated.

"Mom, Dad? This is Natalie," I said presenting her to my parents. Natalie smiled and shook their hands.

"Sweetie, you are beautiful!" my mother said.

"Thank you," Natalie said. "It's so nice to finally meet you."

"The same for you too," my dad said.

Natalie's mother showed up and she met my parents and they ironically got to know each other quite well while we were all taking pictures around various parts of the house such as the staircase, the fireplace, the backyard, the front of the house, by the limo, etc.

"You never told me your parents were English," Natalie said as we finally finished taking pictures. She was rubbing her cheeks as if they hurt from smiling. It was beyond adorable.

"My bad," I said. "I was actually born overseas."

"No shit," she said sounding surprised.

"Does everyone have everything?" Rian asked as we were heading out to the limo.

Agreeing, all eight of us climbed into the limo. It was a tight fit, but it was well worth the fun. We immediately put up the divider so we could pull out various water bottles and flasks to start drinking. The limo ride to the banquet hall was about forty minutes so we pre-gamed a decent amount before arriving fashionably late.

"Welcome to the shit show," Natalie said as she grabbed my hand getting out of the limo.

"Seriously," I said helping her out.

As we walked in, everyone had taken their seats for dinner. All eyes were on us as we walked in. Natalie and I were last to enter the hall and it astounded me how many eyes were on her as we made our way to the table. She was gorgeous, no doubt, but I am no joking when I say that everyone's eyes lingered on her. A little too long if you ask me, but who I was to get mad?

From the second I stepped out of the limo, I knew this would be a night to remember.
♠ ♠ ♠
So my friend is going to see Justin Bieber next week. I think that is probably the funniest thing in the world seeing that she is nineteen and all. Whatever floats your boat!

Anyway, what do you all think of this story? I predict it's going to be a long one considering I actually enjoy writing this. I accidentally write Ari instead of Natalie on a regular basis. Oops! I'm just so attached to that story I can't help it. In case you are wondering, Ari is a character in my other Alex Gaskarth story. It's called Memories That Fade Like Photographs. And it has a sequel called The Answer's In The Smile. One of my favorite stories I've written to date! Besides my six part Derek Sanders short story called One Man Drinking Games. That is my favorite by far only because it means a lot to me. It's an extremely emotional piece.

Anyway, only like a fourth of you who subscribe actually comment. Why don't we change that? Please? Thanks in advance :)

P.S. Have you seen Emma Watson's new hair? It makes me want to cry.