Status: Active :)

Lost In The Stereo Sound

Sept.

Natalie’s POV:
I have to say, that weekend ended up being the most amazing one I’d ever had. The eight of us bonded and grew even closer than what we already were. Specifically, Alex and I.

“You fuckers are such party-poopers!” Alex drunkenly said the next night. It was nearing three o’clock in the morning and everyone excluding Alex and I were about to turn in for the night seeing that we were required to check out the next day at noon.

“Dude, it’s late,” Jack said rubbing his eyes like a toddler.

“You should get your ass in bed too,” Rian said. He was easily the most responsible of all of them and logical when inebriated.

“Well, at least go to bed soon,” Zack settled on. “Ok?”

“Fine, assholes,” Alex said crossing his arms like a five year old. “I’ll never forget this!”

“Shut him up, ok?” Kara said to me laughing as Rian valiantly picked her up and carried her into their room.

“Never!” Alex screamed.

It wasn’t like I was sober or anything, I just wasn’t as plastered as Alex. We wandered around the hotel for a while before the concierge informed us that we, as in Alex, were disturbing other guests.

“Woman, there is no one in the fucking lobby,” Alex slurred. “Not one fucking human.”

“Escort him back to your room or we’re kicking you both out,” the woman said through gritted teeth.

I nodded and grabbed Alex’s arm as I pleaded with him to shut his large mouth. I was literally dragging him down the hallway to the elevators.

“But, Natty, she deserves it!” Alex whispered.

“I know, Gaskarth,” I said with a smile. “She’s a bitch. But you can’t run around screaming shit like that.”

“Okay,” Alex said as we got in the elevator. He hit all of the buttons and giggled.

“I hate you,” I said with a sigh.

“No, Natty,” he said. “Watch this!”

I don’t have a clue as to what he did, but next thing I know we were ascending rapidly.

“What did you do?” I asked crossing my arms.

“It’s a secret,” he said struggling to put his finger over his lips.

“If you get us kicked out, I’ll kill you,” I threatened.

“I won’t!” he said as the elevator stopped.

It opened to a small concrete room with spiral metal stairs leading to the ceiling. There was a hatch on the ceiling right above the stairs. Alex didn’t waste any time in climbing up and fiddling with the hatch despite my complaints. To my surprise, he opened it and disappeared through it. At this point, I was debating on going up there with him.

“Are you coming or not?” Alex asked sticking his head back down.

“Sure,” I surrendered. “Why the hell not?”

Carefully, I climbed up the stairs despite my heeled boots. Alex straight up lifted me through the hatch. That was the problem with not weighing much; people constantly picked you up without your consent. After ‘accidentally’ fondling my boobs, Alex put me down. My jaw dropped. We were on the roof of the hotel. Alex led me over to the edge and I looked down at all of the lights of the streets and boats. The view was breathtaking.

“It’s almost as pretty as you,” Alex said putting his arms around me from behind. I laughed at the cheesiness of what he’d said. “Shut up, you’re gorgeous.”

“Don’t do that,” I said laughing. “You don’t have to.”

“But I like seeing you smile,” Alex said resting his head on my shoulder. He probably looked ridiculous because I was only 5’4” and he was at least 6’0”. I pictured him hunched over half-way leaning on me for balance. I laughed slightly. “Why do you think all of this is a joke?”

“What do you mean?” I asked not understanding what he was talking about.

“Well, you never take anything I say to you seriously,” Alex said softly.

“Yes, I do,” I protested.

“So then why do you laugh?”

“I don’t know,” I said slowly. “I guess I just don’t take compliments well…”

“Weird,” Alex said with a small yawn.

He nestled his head so that it was leaning against my neck. I shivered as his stubbly cheek touching the sensitivity of my neck. Noticing this, he rubbed his face on my neck as if he were sanding wood, which is exactly what it felt like.

“Ow!” I yelled jumping back. “That fucking hurts!”

“Let me make it better,” he said smoothly.

Before I could protest, he began kissing my neck lightly. I wanted to fucking kill him for doing that. That drives me crazy and before I knew it, I let an embarrassing moan escape my lips. You have my full permission to shoot me. Trying to cover it up, I let out a fake cough hoping that he would think I was trying to clear my throat.

“Really?” Alex asked stopping.

“What?” I asked.

“You are such an ass,” he said squeezing my boobs.

“How so?” I said shoving myself away from his grasp and wandering hands.

“I heard you,” he said with a smirk on his face. So predictable.

“Heard me do what?” I asked still denying the incident.

“The mmmmm!” he said imitating the noise I made.

“Shut up,” I said hitting him.

He grabbed me close to him and put his hands on my waist. As expected, he lowered his hands so that they were cupping my ass. He gave it a squeeze and giggled. I just shook my head and didn’t even try to stop him. He’d never learn.

“Natty,” Alex said softly.

“Gaskarth,” I said.

“You are my favorite person in the whole world,” Alex said pressing his forehead to mine.

“Well that’s weird because you’re pretty fucking sweet too,” I said with a smile.

“I was hoping you’d say that,” he said stepping back a step, “because… I wanted to ask you if you’d be my girlfriend…”

He trailed off and looked at me straight in the eye. The part of me that was telling me no was nearly nonexistent at this point.

“Jesus, Gaskarth, you make it sound like a job,” I said jokingly, “but of course.”

“Oh, it’s a job alright,” Alex said embracing me once more.

“Let’s go to bed,” I said with a yawn.

Alex held my hand with a silly grin on his face the entire walk back to our suite. The second we closed the door behind us in our room, he pulled me toward him with a mischievous look on his face. Without a word, he began kissing my neck lightly in the same way he did on the roof. He kissed his way up to my mouth as he pushed me over to the bed. He pushed me down on it and lay next to me. He grabbed my hips and pulled me close to him so that I could feel his heart racing. Forcefully, he stuck his tongue into my mouth and things started to heat up, fast. His hands were running up and down the front and back of my fully clothed body as I did the same to him. Alex put his hand on my bare back and slid it up to the clasp on my bra. Skillfully, he unhooked it with his thumb and pointer finger. Slipping my shirt and bra off, Alex gently caressed my chest. It’s awful, but his gentleness caught me off guard. I felt safe and loved instead of being treated like an object. The feeling was entirely new to me. His hands traveled down to the button on my pants.

“Alex,” I said between breaths. “Don’t.”

“Why?” Alex asked tugging on the waistband of my jeans.

“I don’t want it to be like this,” I said rolling over on my back feeling stupid.

“Like what?” he asked clearly annoyed that we’d stopped.

“Drunk,” I explained feeling all too sober for my liking.

“Being drunk doesn’t change the way I feel about you,” Alex insisted. He must have been really horny to keep saying all of the things I wanted to hear. Pathetic!

“We can another time when we’re sober,” I said sitting up on the side of the bed.

“I didn’t know that this was this important to you,” Alex huffed.

“Yeah? Well, it is,” I snapped grabbing my shirt and pulling it over my head. I felt so exposed.

“Natty,” Alex said walking over to where I was digging in my suitcase.

“What?” I said clearly irritated at his reaction.

“I get it,” Alex said standing in front of me so I couldn’t ignore him.

“No, you don’t,” I said.

“I’m not some asshole who just wants to get in your pants, Natalie,” Alex said. “I want this to mean something bigger. Everything is different with you and I should have realized that this would be too.”

“Alex, don’t-”

“I mean it,” Alex said lifting my head up so that I was looking in his big brown eyes. “You mean too much to me to fuck it up but getting mad at something so shallow.”

“I’m not some prude or anything, Gaskarth,” I said raising an eyebrow at him.

“I wouldn’t know,” Alex teased.

“Shut up,” I said rubbing my eyes. “I’m exhausted,” I said as I grabbed some shorts and a tank top from my suitcase. I went into the bathroom and slipped them on.

“Me too,” he said pulling off his shirt and throwing it on the floor. He slid himself out of his jeans and climbed into bed. Patting the space next to him, he smiled. “Come on, Natty.”

“I’m coming,” I said turning out the light.

Alex grabbed my waist so that we were spooning. I could feel his breath on my neck and his heartbeat on my back.

“Goodnight, Natalie,” Alex whispered kissing my neck.

“Goodnight,” I said snuggling into his warm embrace.

I couldn’t help but think that I was beginning to fall in love with him. Nauseating, I know. This was not my plan at all, but the feelings were overwhelming me as I lay in the dark in the arms of Alex. I could get used to this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Shit! So sorry about not updating in forever. I've been traveling around the country like an idiot. August has been extremely busy for me. My deepest apologies.

I hope you enjoy this chapter :)