What A Beautiful Day

Day 761

"Fudge pudding!" I screamed. I was dressed in a hospital gown, laying in a hospital bed. Vero was standing beside me, holding my hand. "Is he here yet?"

"He'll be here," Vero said, trying to calm me down.

"Fucking husband," I muttered. "He never keeps his promise."

"Raleigh," Vero said. "It's not that easy for him to make the plane go faster."

"I know," I sighed, and then cringed. "I wish he would get here soon though. I don't think I can hold this kid in any longer."

"I'm sure he's almo-"

"Raleigh, I'm so sorry," Kris gasped, bursting into the hospital room. "Thank-you for being with her Vero."

"It wasn't a problem," Vero smiled. "Is Marc out there?"

"Yea, he's waiting with practically the whole team," Kris nodded. He turned to me and smiled.

"What are you smiling about?" I spat.

"I'm excited," Kris confessed. "I'm really sorry I couldn't have been here earlier."

"It's OK, love," I whispered. "I'm glad your here now though."

"I wouldn't miss it for the world," Kris whispered back.

Just then, the doctor came in. He did his checks and measurements. "It should be soon," he said, before leaving the room again.

What felt like minutes later, the doctor was back in the room, telling me to push.

Soon enough, the doctor was handing us our brand new baby boy.

"He looks just like his daddy," Vero cooed.

"Yea, hopefully he has a better sense of hairstyle," I joked.

"Hey, you know you love my sexy hair," Kris said.

"I know," I smiled.

"What's his name?" Sidney Crosby asked.

"Lancelot Didier Letang," I said, holding in my laughter.

"Why?" Marc asked, scrunching his nose. "That poor kid will be teased like no other."

With that I burst out laughing. "I was kidding," I said. "His name is Jacques Kristopher."

"Aww," Vero smiled. "He's going to be a very handsome boy."

"Thank-you," I said, smiling with pride.