Status: finished. epilogue posted.

He Liked Her. She Liked Him.

epilogue.

Emily Adams opened her eyes. A bright light was shone directly in them. Her eyes wheeled, looking for something to look at and focus. She gasped.

"Get him to surgery, now!" a man - who appeared to be a nurse - yelled. Four women, whom Emily also assumed were nurses, wheeled a hospital bed out the door.
'Is that where I am,', Emily thought. 'The hospital?!
"She's awake," a woman's voice whispered. She glanced toward the sound. It was yet another nurse, whose nametag read 'Dr. Rose'.
Confused, Emily spoke up.
"What's going on?" she asked, and she noticed her voice. It was .. different. Weird. Not itself. "And what's up with my voice? Someone help,"
"Shh, calm down, sweetie. You were in a car accident, with your boyfriend Zachary. Your injuries were not severe, but his were a little more serious." Dr. Rose explained softly.
Zachary.. the truck.. college.. The memories began to flow back to her. She gasped.
"Is something wrong? Does anything hurt? Here, do you feel anything?" Dr. Rose began pressing at Emily's wrists.
"No, it's just.." Emily began, hurt overwhelming her. "Zach. Is he okay? Why aren't I in the same condition as him?"
Her cries became histerical.
"Zach! It's my fault! I talked about college! I shouldn't have mentioned it! Oh-my-god, doctor, I need to see him! I need to get t-" she was cut off.
"Emily, please calm down. Your heartrate is speeding up."
"Damn right it is! I need Zach, take me to him!" she screamed.

"Emily, he's going to be okay. He shielded you from the debris and glass. He saved you. One of your legs are broken, and you suffered from a minor concussion, but it has seemed to have cleared up."
Suddenly, Emily felt relieved. She closed her eyes, and drifted into a light sleep.

***
"Careful, careful," a voice said calmly. "Wheel him in to the right. There you go."
"Make sure his I.V is still running smoothly, I'll send a doctor in later to resume the tests."
Him?
Emily shot up straight in the bed, and instantly regret it. Her stomach ached, her hands were wrapped in gauze, and her head pulsed. She dizzily lay back down.
"Emily," a voice, gravelly whispered.
"Zach?" she gasped, and to her excitement, he was laying in the bed next to her. His face was bruised and had multiple cuts and scrapes. She winced, but calmed down quickly.
"Emily," the voice repeated.
"Are you okay?!" Emily said softly, trying to comfort him, and even herself.
"Yes, I," Zach gasped. "I, I, I'm sorry."
"Why are you sorry?!" Emily said, confused.
"It's my fault we're in here. It's my fault I wasn't concentrating on the road. It's my fault we almost died, Emily. It's my fault everything is screwed up."
"What are you talking about? You lost control of the wheel. You had no control over any of this."
He sighed heavily, and they both sat there for a little while.
"Where are you going to college?" Zach asked her, with a sly smirk on his face.
She chuckled.
"I don't know," she replied with a sad smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks for reading, hope you liked it, haha.
it didn't take long to write, but i had writers block during this. i started the story over entirely, and changed the whole theme. but this is the final result.
thanks again :)