Status: HIATUS

Winter Kiss

I want to sleep but I hear voices,
I hear them calling out to me,
This winter kiss has left me poisoned,
And I will never be the same again
~Winter Kiss – Young Guns~


When you’re sitting in a cop car, dripping wet, covered in bruises and contusions and the taste of red, grease paint still on your lips, the best thing to do at this point is just let it slide. Enjoy the silence while it lasts. I listened and watched the flashing sirens in the ambulance close behind me as they turned a different corner and eventually disappeared completely out of sight. I sighed a sigh of relief, yet a tiny hint of worry still lingered in the pit of my stomach.

I retracted away from the back window and into the hard seat of the cop car, returning to tonguing the painful cut on the right corner of my lip that would stop stinging if only I’d stop flicking it. The taste of blood was still strong from the minor laceration (it wouldn’t scar; I was sure of that), but the taste that was more disturbing was his taste. His lips had forever stained mine and I knew things would never be the same again.

Silent and unwilling tears fell and for a moment, I forgot where I was.

“You okay back there, Delilah?” The male cop asked from the front of car. He’d obviously noticed the unstoppable tears. Even though the cops had done very little to save me at all and only managed to enter the scene long after I had everything under control, I was still grateful. They had been everything but uncaring since they had shown up.

“I’m cold,” was the only thing I was able to stutter out solemnly in reply. He smiled warmly which made me feel as if everything was actually going to be fine after this. I knew it wasn’t. My once genuine happy-go-lucky nature had been forever sullied all due to one fatal mistake. One little lie unravelling out of control and into the clutches of the most wanted man in Gotham. The Joker.

I’d never been a good author or writer – partly the reason for my current mess – but let me tell you a story that will soon make my current disposition clear.