The Good Day

Morning

Kelsey Baker didn't know what was so special about today, but she knew something great was going to happen. It was just one of those feelings, that something EPIC would happen.
She gently slid out of bed, into her black bunny-slippers. She looked at herself in the mirror, and her lips twitched up in a half smile. Her hair was always perfect in the morning. She applied some messy eyeliner, dotted on a bit of concealer, and put some lip gloss on. She walked into her closet. And decided just to slip on a pair of skinny jeans, and a “my Chemical Romance” T-shirt.
Gliding down stairs, Kelsey was oblivious to everything around her. She drifted past her little brothers room without waking him up for school, and slipped into a chair at the dining room table. Her mother already had the table set, and breakfast ready. In front of her sat a plate full of pancakes and bacon, a glass of orange juice, and... a note?

****************** ************************* *****************

Kelsey,
I'm out to breakfast with the boyfriend. Don't forget to wake up your brother up.
Love you,
Mom

*************************************************************************

*Oh shit,* She thought, looking at the clock. It was 5 minutes until their bus came.
“Brian! Brain! Wake up you ass hole! Wake UP!” Kelsey had run back to her brothers room, wrenched the door open, and tore off the bed covers to find..... that her brother wasn't there. What the hell?
Kelsey looked at her watch once again. She only had 2 minutes to get to the bus stop. She rolled her eyes. If he misses the bus, it's his fault.
Already, that feeling of it being a good day, was fading.
_______________________________________________________________________

Kelsey ran to the bus stop just in time to see it driving off. She was pretty pissed off. She started walking to school, and just before she got into the parking lot, it started pouring rain. She got inside just as the first bell rang. Good luck for her, that she has locker room time for P.E..
Kelsey got her swimsuit on, wrapped herself in a towel, and picked up her cell phone. She dialed in her mother's cell phone number.
She got three rings, before the message machine came on. “Hey, it's Carri. I can't make it to the phone right now, sorry. But leave me a message, and I'll call you back. Love y'all!”
Hearing her mothers voice instantly placed a smile on her face. It was as if she were always singing. “ Hey mom, it's Kelsey. Hey, I couldn't find Brian this morning. He wasn't in bed when I went to get him up. Just wondering if you knew where he was. Love you, see you tonight.”
Kelsey closed her phone, and looked at herself in the mirror. She was really starting to worry about Brian. She had no idea where he could be.
_______________________________________________________________________

Altho Brian was her little brother, he was nothing like her. Brian had short, spiky, blond hair. His eyes were emerald green with flecks of gray in them. And all though she was a senior in high school, and he was a seventh grader in middle school, he was already taller than her. Plus he was popular. He played football, could skateboard, got good grades(not that she didn't, herself). And he looked just like mom.
Thinking of her brother was giving her a sinking feeling, until the happiness of this morning was utterly gone.
Kelsey showered off then went into the pool area. Everyone else was already out there. All the guys and girls in her class were mingling. No one even noticed that she had entered. But she noticed everything. She noticed the three couples in her class( Bryce and Jenna, Heath and Kaitlyn, David and Morgan) all in a corner, cuddling, and kissing. She noticed the goth kids, sitting on the bench next to the pool in their black skinny jeans and dark sweatshirts. They never went swimming. She noticed the way her gym coach looked at each girl in their swim wear, with a hungry gleam in his eye. But mostly, she noticed Max.
Max was the most popular guy at school. He didn't play any sports, but he was an actor. Everyone went to the plays at school for him. All the girls liked him, all the guys envy him. And he was looking directly at her. Curiosity had completely overcome his features. It was as if he were seeing her for the first time. As he lifted himself out of the pool, absolutely ignoring the girls that were drooling over him, Kelsey watched each drop of water roll off of him. He quickly ran his hand through his brown curls, as if putting them back into place, before strolling over to her.
Kelsey froze. As much as she admired him, and liked him, he terrified her. She couldn't even imagine talking to him. She knew that her face looked calm, but on the inside she was screaming.
“Hey, Kelsey.” His eyes were shining like sapphires. Up close she noticed that just around the pupil there was a fine ring of green. “What's up?”
“Uhhhhh...” Genius. Absolute genius! She sounded like a total idiot! “Hey, Max..”
He chuckled at her. She knew she wouldn't blush. But she felt like her whole face was on fire. Suddenly, pure serious came over him. He looked a little nervous, but she could see determination in his eyes. “Kelsey, I was wondering – I mean, if you wanted to.. Would you like to go see a movie with me?”
Her mask of calm shattered. Oh my gosh! He just asked me out! MAX Just asked me out! And of course she'd ruin it by saying, “ Why the hell would you want to bring me?” Pure genius.
“Well, I guess, because I think you're different. I've never met anyone like you. And I wanted to get to know you better. But I understand if you don't wan-”
“No! I want to. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be so blunt. I'd love to go see a movie with you!” Kelsey was so excited she was going to pass out.
So she did.