The Good Day

Disapproval and Suspicion

"I finally found an apartment!" Kyle had called Kelsey to share his good news. "I move in in a couple of days."

Kelsey sat up in her bed, rubbing her eyes. "Dad, that's great!" She grabbed the alarm clock to check the time. 8:27 AM. "What's it like, er- Where is it?"

"It's just in town, not more than a dozen miles from your mother's house. There's two bedrooms, too, so you can stay with me when you want. Or when your mother will let you."

There was a knock on Kelsey's bedroom door and Eli stuck his head in. "Hey, Kels, you've got visitors." Gigi walked in, followed by Megan.

"Hey, Daddy, my friends are here... Yeah, I love you, too. Talk to you later." Kelsey hung up her cell phone and chuckled a bit at how awkward the two girls looked, and probably felt. "Eli, these girls have practically lived here for years, they don't need an escort." He sheepishly apologized and closed the door behind him when he left the room.

Gig plopped onto the bed beside Kelsey and put her arm around her shoulders. "How ya doin', Girl?"

Kelsey smiled and wrapped her arms around Gigi. "I've been doing great, actually." She said, patting the bed so that Megan would join them. "I've just been
feeling sick for a couple of days."

Megan lay down with her ear against Kelsey's stomach, "When does it start talking?" She was joking... Hopefully.

Kelsey tickled her under the armpit, making her twitch violently. "He'll start talking when he's not inside of me anymore."

Both of the girls perked up. "He?"

"Well... It." Kelsey shrugged the comment off. "Can you excuse me?" She crawled out from under the bed covers and ran to the bathroom down the hall.

"She's getting attached to it." Gigi said, disapprovingly.

"Well, there's nothing wrong with that, as long as she plans to keep it." Megan toyed with her hair, eyeing Gigi. "But if she doesn't abort it, she'll never give it up for adoption."

"I don't think either of those were really ever an option for her."

Kelsey strolled back into the room, wiping her mouth. "That. Was. Disgusting."

Gig smirked, "Amazing what that little runt can do to you already, huh?"

"Oh, don't be a grouch, Gizelle." Megan chimed, "I'm happy you threw up, Kels!" It was meant to be encouraging, so Kelsey laughed.

"Thank you, May."

Eli popped his head back in the room, making all three of them jump. "Is there anything I can get for you girls?" He smiled a little too brightly. Always so chipper.

They all shook their heads.

"Alright, but if there's anything, you just holler at me." He winked and disappeared once again.

Megan gave an over-exaggerated shutter, elbowing Kelsey. "That guy gives me the heeby-geebies!"

Gigi nodded in agreement. "Yeah, Kels. Other than being kind of hot, what does your mother see in him?" Kelsey and Megan both gave her a you're-crazy look, but she just shrugged it off. "It's not that weird, guys."

"I don't really know. I don't even know how long they've actually been dating, come to think of it." Kelsey shook her head, not wanting to dwell on it. "It doesn't matter. She loves him, and he loves her. That's all I care about."

Megan's eyes got all dreamy, like they did when she was looking at a puppy. "That's so romantic! Do you love Max, Kelsey?"

"No, I don't." It was an easy answer. A simple one. She hadn't really thought about her relationship with Max too much. Did she see a future with him? Maybe. Did she love him? No. Not yet, anyway. Did he make her feel like more than just a victim? Yes. And that's really what she needed right now. He was her boyfriend, that didn't mean they had to be picking out baby names. No, that was her job. "Hey, why don't we go out to eat? I'm starving."

"Don't you mean He's starving?" Gigi joked.

________________

Kyle smiled at himself in the mirror and ran his fingers through his freshly cut hair. "It looks great... Alice."

"Thanks, Kyle." She snipped her scissors a couple times to get stray hairs off of it and slipped it back into her drawer. "Your hair was great to work with." She took the cape off of his shoulders and patted his shoulder. "And perfect timing, too, my next client just got here.

The bell of SuperCuts front door rand and Kelsey's high school P.E. teacher walked in. "Oh, hello Mr. Baker." He smile condescendingly.

Kyle didn't say a word, just left the shop and pulled out his cell phone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay, had family vacation. Please leave feedback.