The Good Day

Date with Daddy

Max and Megan left around midnight the previous night, and Kelsey was thankful to get a long nights sleep. But it didn't come uninterrupted. Her dreams were haunted by nightmares of the night of her attack.
She woke up several times throughout the night, but every time she fell back asleep, the dream just came back to her. Like it was on replay, in her mind.

She woke up, for the fifth time, to the sound of her mother shouting her name. The last thing that she'd heard in the Dream, was the man telling her to be a "good girl". Sitting in bed, Kelsey dragged her hand across her face to find that she'd been crying in her sleep. She wiped the tears away with her shirt, and rubbed her eyes.
Sighing heavily, she called back to her mother, "What Mom?" She listened, hearing her mother whisper-yell at someone.
"Your-" Carri cut her self off, and tried to 'correct' her mistake. "Kyle's on the phone for you. Come get it!"
Kelsey rolled her eyes, and slumped out of bed. She slipped her pajama pants off, along with her T-shirt. She turned to face the mirror. He pale body was scarred, and her raven hair a mess. *A first time for everything* she thought. Her gray eyes seemed unusually dark today, and she had bags under her eyes that made her look like she hadn't slept in days. She examined her body, every last inch of it. Her legs had taken most of the damage, there was one cut right after another, hardly an inch between them all. But her arms only had a few. Mostly places that could easily be covered by a T-shirt, but a couple on her hands and wrists too. She put her arms spread eagle, he chest was covered in cuts. There were two circles right above where her heart would be. HEr size C boobs were untouched, but her abdomen had taken quite a hit too. Not only were there scars, but thats where most of the bruising was.
She tuned around, to check out her back. There was only two visible cuts on her back, and butt, and neither of them were deep. Kelsey heared her door click open just a little too late.
Her step-daddy-to-be stuck his head in, holding the telephone. He looked at her, shock filling his eyes, and shut the door again. "Sorry," He called from behind the door. "Your dad's waiting for you on the phone..."
Kelsey wrapped herself up in a black blanket, and fetched the phone. "Hey Daddy," She chirped into the speaker. "What's up?
She could hear her father smiling through his voice. "Well, baby girl, I was hoping I could take you out today. For lunch, maybe?" Her face lighting up, Kelsey eagerly accepted his offer. "After all, we have some catching up to do," He said, his smile growing wider. "You'll have to tell me all about that new boyfriend of yours."
She thanked him for inviting her, and hung up. Looking at the clock, he said he'd pick her up at one o'clock. It was 11:30. That gave her plenty of time to get ready.
Kelsey brushed her hair, while walking to her closet. She wanted to wear her favorite pair of jeans. After looking for ten minutes, she realised that they were still at Max's house. Mrs. Peace had washed them, and she'd never gone to retrieve them... Shoving that night out of her thoughts she settled on a pair of gray skinny jeans. She took out a black tank top, put it on, and slipped on a red "Oakland High" sweater on top of it.
All she did for makeup was put a little eyeliner on. She never thought she looked good in very much make-up. Her gray eyes were big enough, and here eyelashes didn't need to be any more glamorous. She straightened her hair, and pulled it back into a low ponytail, and the finishing touch was her favorite red head band.

Finally finished, Kelsey rushed down the stairs, to find her mother waiting for her. "What did Kyle want?" She asked, clearly pissed off.
Kelsey smiled a bit, amused by her mothers obvious annoyance. "He wants to take me out to lunch. He'll be here in 5 minutes." She couldn't help but put a hint of pride into her voice. SHE was going out to lunch with her FATHER! Her smile twitched wider.
Carri's face grew red, "You are NOT going with him, Young Lady!" She exclaimed.
Pride instantly subsiding, anger raised her voice. "Excuse me?" She started, hand on her hip. "This 'young lady' is eightteen years old. And he happens to be my father! Just try to stop me!" Before her mother could say a word, Kelsey had left the room, gone out the front dorr, and slammed it behind her.
_______________________________________________________________________

After five minutes of waiting on the front porch for Kyle, he finally pulled up. Jumping to her feet, Kelsey slipped on her flip-flops, and ran to his red convertable VW. A bug. Classic. "Hey, Daddy!" She jumped into the car, and planted a kiss on his cheek. "Where are we off to?" She was so excited to go, that she didn't even turn around to see her mother glaring out of the front window, as they drove off.
"We, my darling daughter, are going to have a picnick." He seemed unsure of the idea, but the smile he wore never left his face. "Basket in the back seat."
They drove for a while without talking. 93.7 playing on the radio. Kyle was the first to break the silence. "Your mom didn't look too thrilled to see you in my, uh- car." He tripped over the word car, obviously catching my inner laugh from earlier.
Kelsey put her head down. "Yeah, she's not too thrilled about any of this." She thought back to the day before, in the hospital. Her mother had been so cold toward her, ever since she found out that Kelsey was pregnant. "Oh- and for future reference, I have a cell phone." She took out a pen from her purse, and wrote her number on his arm. "Mom wasn't too happy to hear your voice this morning. So I'd recomend calling this from now on. I text too, if you're in to that..." Kelsey watched the road for a while, a little embarassed that she'd blabbered.

Just as they pulled up to the park, she thought she could feel him watching her.
They stopped abruptly, making Kelsey jerk forward in her seat. "We're here!" Kyle exclaimed. He seemed to have a little pride in his voice. As if this were his home.
He led her to a tree just down a dirt path. He set down a red and white checkered blanket, and plopped down ontop of it, dragging the picnick basket toward himself. He patted the ground next to him, signaling for her to come over.

Kelsey couldn't believe that, after so much tragity, she was actually happy. Happy for, what felt like, the very first time in her life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Sorry I've been gone for so long!