Rain on a Sunny Day.

one of two.

one week before

Kissing his beautiful lips was possibly the best part of my day. The way he tasted, the way they moved with mine. The love could be felt as sparks flew between us, saliva swapping, tongues colliding. I was in pure bliss any time this man was around me.

“Frankie baby?” I questioned once our lips had pulled apart, a happy pop coming from our wet, puffy lips. My lovely boyfriends eyes looked deep into mine as he silently asked me to continue and tell him what I wanted to tell him.

“I’d like to take you on a date.” I smiled happily at him, knowing that tomorrow I was going to have to ruin the joy that our relationship was in at the moment. I wanted to make him happy, even if it was only for the night.

Frank’s face lit up as a blush came to his cheeks and went across his nose. “Aw, Gee. You are so cute.” Frank squeaked as he again placed his lips onto mine. I melted into his lips knowing that after tonight this may be it. I know he loves me but I’m leaving yet again. We may have been dating for about five years but really its only been about half that time if I was to count all my time away.

I pulled away from our kiss, standing up, and putting a hand out for him. Frank stood happily as he grabbed my hand and laced his fingers threw mine. I was taking him to the park and I was going to buy him ice-cream. I knew he’d love it so why not?

I pulled him threw our house and our the door, past the car and down the sidewalk. Frank was allowing me to pull him along and when I looked back at him there was a silly smile on his face.

“Where are we going?” He asked eagerly as he moved to my side and pulled my arm around him. I held tightly onto his waist as we continued our way down the sidewalk.

“You’ll see!” I said, my voice full of happiness as we continued on our way. We quickly arrived at the park and Frank’s smile could not have gotten much bigger.

“Gee, are you buying me ice-cream?” He asked happily as he pulled away from my but immediately taking my hand and holding it securely with his.

“Yup.” I smiled at how childish Frank could act when he wanted to. He still had such a carefree air about him, something that I envied. His innocence was something that made him Frank and I never wanted anything to take that away.

I pulled him along to the ice-cream stand in the middle of the park so that we could both get something. Knowing Frank he’d get a weird popsicle of like a power puff girl or something, but I just smiled and continued pulling him alone, making Frank happy was the point of this all. That’s all I really cared about or wanted.
-

After and amazing date with Frank, which also involved dinner and a movie, we went back to the park together. He loved being in nature so I thought it would be nice to just sit on the grass with him. His tiny little body was sitting against a big oak tree as the moon lit up his face. He looked beautiful, simply beautiful as his face glowed in the light.

“I need to tell you something.” I whispered quietly as his face looked away from the moon that he had been gazing at. His features showed fear, knowing that what I was about to say wasn’t good. I would have just came out with it if it wasn’t something bad, something like deploying yet again.

“Frankie, I’m leaving again. I only have one week before I go.” His eyes glazed over with tears as a sob escaped his lips, and it just made me hate myself. I couldn’t believe I keep doing this to him.

“Why- how long have you known Gerard?” He questioned as big, silent tears rolled themselves down his pudgy cheeks. It took everything in me to not touch him, to whip away his tears and kiss him better- but I couldn’t do that. I was the cause of his pain, I needed to man up and answer anything he was going to ask.

“I just found out.” I told him truthfully, wishing I’d know before. I wanted more then just a week to say goodbye. “This is my last tour, my eight years will be up after this.” I quietly added in. Horror and despair flashed threw my mind because I knew I might not make it back. Just because this is my last tour, it doesn’t make me safer. Really I have more of a chance of dying every time I go with my rank and experience increasing. I had to do more, risk more because I know more then the fresh men I’d be fighting with.

“I just-” A deep inhale of air was taken in as the tears began to fall heavier and his breathing picked up. “I love you, I just, I don’t know how much more I can take. You don’t understand how it feels to practically break down every time I hear someone at the door.” Frank looked away from me and I could tell he was trying to keep even more tears from falling. “This is so fucking hard.” He whimpered as he looked at my with his big sad eyes.

“I’m so sorry Frankie.” I breathed out as I finally wrapped my arms around his shaking body, not being able to see him cry anymore. “I’m so fucking sorry.”

one day before

I looked deep into Frank’s eyes as his small hands held onto mine. He was scared, and I understood that. I could die, there was a great chance of that but it’s my job. I signed up to risk my life for the greater cause. To make the world better for generations to come. I joined the Navy so I could possibly help my country and as much as I’d like to just quit I can’t do that.

“I can’t loose you Gerard. I love you just, come back to me. Be careful.” He said as he leaned forward and pressed his lips to mine. I ran a hand to the back of his neck and held onto him, for what seemed like dear life. I didn’t want to leave and get myself killed. I didn’t want Frank to be here alone.

“I will, nothing’s keeping us apart my love.” A small smiled cracked onto his face.

“Okay-” He paused for a moment, almost like he was thinking about something before again smiling “hey I got you something.”

“Yeah?” I questioned, not taking my eyes from his beautiful face, knowing this was the last time I’d see him for a few months, maybe longer. I couldn’t take a picture like all the other guys for the ‘don’t ask, don’t tell’ policy American military had.

“Yeah it’s, well…” He trailed off as he dug though this bag, a cute concentrated look coming to his face as he did so. I smiled to myself as I allowed myself to soak in Frank’s adorable-ness. “It’s a shark’s tooth. I thought since you’re you know, you’re navy, and going to be on a fucking boat and all.” Frank ran his tiny, thin fingers over the tooth that was on the necklace. “It’s a worriers symbol of strength and you are my big strong warrior. It’s for good luck and for you to think about me while you’re gone.”

My heart swelled all up as I looked at the love of my life. I gently took the necklace and held it in my palm looking down at the gift that meant so much to me. All the thought behind it and Frank showing me he loves me.

“Thank you baby.” I said as I pulled the string the necklace had been on out and placed the tooth down on the ground. Frank watched me curiously as I then went to take off the chain I was wearing that held my dog-tags. I strung the shark tooth onto the chain and put it back around my neck. I quickly hooked the back and let my dog tags and tooth hit my chest.

“I’ll always have it with me. I know I act like the Navy is the only think in my world but you have my heart Frank Iero, and you are what’s important. I’m doing this for us, for our future, and I’ll never let myself forget that.” Frank’s eyes welled up with tears and he again lean toward me but this time wrapping me in his arms.

The moment his arms were around me mine were around him and we just held each other for the longest time, understanding that we may never see each other again but praying that we would. This shit just never gets easier.

one hour before

My eyes flicked over all the men I was standing with as my fingers played with the shark tooth Frank had given me. I wasn’t scared, I didn’t get scared anymore. I was more or less nervous. I didn’t want to die, I wanted to go back and see my boyfriend. I wanted to fucking see his face again.

“Lieutenant Way?” Someone asked, causing me too quickly jerk my head to look at whoever was talking to me. I looked at the person to see one of the petty officers, his eyes anxious as he looked at me.

“Petty officer-” I paused and nodded my head so he’d continue.

“How’s this really going to be?” He questioned. I knew that they’ve all been bull-shitted. I know they have no idea what their in for. It’s so much worse then anyone could imagine. Seeing and being are two completely different things. I’ve seen war movies, but nothing can prepare you to die, to see your best friend die. Your live can be gone so fast and there is nothing that can be done.

“It’s going to be the worst thing you will ever do.” I said quietly as my grip on the objects on my chain tightened, Frank’s face going threw my mind. “I wish you all the best but you won’t all make it.” I was preparing myself to do my job, to be a warrior, to make it back to my life alive. “I might not even make it, but I will fight until the end. I assure you that.”

The officers all looked as if they were in deep thought, probably thinking about death or home, like most do. I know the pain of watching someone die, holding them as the life leaves their body, and all these men would have to deal and face that.

“You must all stay strong and have faith.” I stated as I let my eyes move over all the men. The power in my voice was reassuring, I knew that, and as long as they had faith they would make it threw or die with pride.
♠ ♠ ♠
this may end up getting edited a bit. but this is probably how it will go. tell me what anyone who reads this thinks. to overdramatic?

ALSO! I’m not in the navy! I don’t care if I’m making up how his time in active duty in the story is wrong of if he wouldn’t be doing the things he’s doing. This is fiiiiiction! So do not leave comments telling me how wrong I am because I don’t give a fuck. :D This is how MY Navy works….otherwise the story wouldn’t really fit. so just go along with it.....thanks.