Rain on a Sunny Day.

Two of Two.

I woke to hear heavy knocking sounds from what I’m guessing was my front door. It was early in the morning so I wasn’t really coherent, or aware of any of my surrounds. I pulled myself up from the warm and comfy bed that I had been sleeping in, letting my joints crack and a yawn rip from my mouth before heading to the door. As I walked yet another loud knock was banged against the wood.

“I’m coming!” I hoarsely yelled as my feet pattered down the halls of my house. I was upset to be awaken this early. I was upset to be awake at all. My dreams were the only time I’d get to see my Gee. He, I don’t even know what to say about him. All I know is that he’s been gone for twelve months and missing for five.

But whether he was captured or killed my poor baby is in a unknown location. I am praying to fucking god that he is okay, that he wasn’t killed. I don’t think I could live with that, I really don’t. So for the last five months I’ve been a complete mess. Tell you the truth this is probably Mikey at the door. We’ve gotten a lot closer because we are both scared shitless about Gerard.

I continued down the hall until I got to my front door, opening the locks and gently pulling the door open. When I wasn’t meant with Mikey’s face but the face of a uniformed officer I couldn’t control myself. I started crying on the spot, he was here to tell me Gerard was dead.

“No!” I squeaked out as even more tears fell. “No, he can’t be dead! Please, please you can’t do this to me! I can‘t tell Mikey his brothers gone!” I cried as the man looked at my with a bit of surprise in his eyes.

“Mr. Iero!” He exclaimed as he waved his arms in the air, probably trying to stop me. I don‘t know if I should be acting like this, seeing as I’m just Gerard’s ’best friend’ but I couldn’t help it. “They found him!” Wait-what?

My eyes widened as big as they could as I stared at the man in front of me. “They did?” I asked as the man shook his head ‘yes’ and before he knew what was going on I had my arms tightly wrapped around him, thanking whatever god was watching over my Gee and that he was okay. Once I released the man he looked a bit shocked but had a small smile on his face, non the less. I motioned for him to come in and we both went to the kitchen where we both sat down at the table.

“I’d like to talk to you about what’s going on with Gerard and the other men. They haven’t been brought back to America yet, there all in a naval hospital being treated. I have been insured that all of them are stable and by the looks will be back in the country within a week.” My smile was fucking huge as I smiled at the man in front of me.

“I can’t wait to tell his brother.” I paused my smile falling, but only in the slightest. “Where were they?” I asked softly, not really sure if I wanted to know.

“Being held captive, which we sadly expected but none of them were killed so we’d like to take this a somewhat of a victory. We’d captured some of the other sides men to and it was an even trade. It may have taken a while for them to give up the location but we have them all now.” I grinned happily, thinking of seeing Gerard again in the next week or so.

“So would you mind if I called his brother real quick, would you like a coffee?” I asked, a little rushed and flustered as I spoke. It was for a good reason though, I knew Gerard was alive and okay. I couldn’t really keep my thoughts straight at the moment, but it didn’t even really matter.

The officer smiled at me and nodded his head. “You call, I’ll make myself a cup.” I grinned happily at him as I grabbed the phone off the counter and quickly dialed up Mikey’s number, which I’ve memorized from calling so much. The phone rang twice before Mikey’s voice said a quiet ‘hello’ into the phone.

“Mikey! They found Gerard! He’s okay and fucking, he’ll be home in like a week! Can you fucking believe it, our little Gee’s okay!” I squeaked happily into the phone. I was pretty ecstatic, I can’t lie.

“Frankie.” I could hear Mikey’s breathing pick up and I knew the tears were going to start. “Oh, this is the best news I’ve ever fucking gotten. Did someone just come to your house?” I herd the thickness in his voice and I knew he was crying but for the first time in months they were happy tears, not miserable and sad ones like they’ve been.

“Mikey please don’t cry, and don’t deny it, I can hear it in your voice.” I paused as Mikey let out a low laugh. “But yes, the officer is still here. I really didn’t think this was why he was here Mikes, I broke down just thinking he was actually gone.” I had that falling feeling come back, thinking about never seeing Gerard again.

“But he’s not Frankie. That’s all you have to remember. Just get all the details and I’ll come over later okay?” Mikey said, cutting me off from my depressing thoughts. I just smiled and told him that would be great before we exchanged good byes and hung up.

Once off the phone I looked back to the officer and smiled. “So like, you’ll keep us updated. You’ll let us know when we can go see him?” He nodded his head as he placed his coffee cup down onto the table top.

“Yes. Next time we will be calling and letting you know when he will be in a hospital on base and able to have visitors. It will be around a week, maybe more or less. It is depending on each man and how bad the injuries are.” He assured me, bringing my hopes of the months Gerard’s been gone to a reality.

One and a half weeks later.

I had gone months, months thinking the man I loved was gone. That I was going to have to bury his remains, if I was lucky enough for them to find his body. That my Gerard would be forgotten, that his body would be left to rot in some random forest or in the ocean. I thought I was going to be left all alone. That my baby was in pain and had to suffer for the end of his life. Thank god I was wrong. I get to see him, see that face I’ve missed so very much.

My converse’s clad feet walked the long halls of the hospital that Gerard was in. One of these rooms held the love of my life, alive and well. He may be beaten up, hurt, scarred, but he was alive. I didn’t even have the words to express how fucking happy I was.

Mikey had stayed in the waiting room, saying I needed to go see him first. He had reassured me that it was okay, that I needed to go see my boyfriend. I didn’t know if someone else would be in the room, if Gerard was going to be awake, but seeing him was enough. A kiss would make it better, but I wasn’t going to press my luck.

“Okay Mr. Iero. You can go in whenever you’re ready.” The nurse that had showed me to the room said with a smile before leaving me alone outside Gerard’s room. The door was the same as all the others, fake wood and a dry erase boards with the patients names. ‘Gerard Way’ was scrawled across the board with purple marker, a color Gerard would have liked actually, which made me smile.

My eyes flicked down to the door handle which I let my fingers gently wrap around before pulling the metal down and pushed the door open slightly. I let myself take a nice, deep breath before opening the door fully and walking into the room.

My eyes scanned over the room carefully as they landed on the bed that Gerard was laying on. My breath hitched in my throat as I looked at him. His skin was extremely pale, almost ghostly white, even compared to the white sheet he was tucked in. His face was sunken in, showing off his high cheek bones more then usual. He looked thinner then I’ve even seen him, and truthfully it showed me just how sick he probably was.

He looked peaceful though, his eyes closed and chest raising up and down slowly.
The thing that struck me the most, and almost brought me to tears was what he was holding onto. His hand was tightly holding onto the chain that was still around his neck. Just knowing the present I’ve given him, the thing he could remember me by was still so important to him made me so happy. He was still my Gee, my warrior.

My soft footsteps could be herd throughout the room as I moved closer to his bed. I didn’t really want to say anything, not knowing if he was awake or not. I did want to see those pretty eyes of his open and him to tell me everything was going to be okay.

The room fell silent as I took a seat in the chair that was next to his bed. I gently took his hand in mine and laced my fingers into his. I looked at his knuckles which were cut up and bruised as I gave his hand a small squeeze. I wasn’t expecting for him to squeeze back but I smiled happily as I looked up to his face to see his eyes on me.

“Gee.” I whispered out as my eyes looked right into his. The hand that I wasn’t using to hold onto his slowly went up to cup his thin face. His eyes fluttered shut as his mouth opened slightly, a shaky breath passing threw his lips. I traced my thumb over his skin as his eyes fluttered back open and looked back at me.

“Frankie.” He whispered back, a smile tugging to his lips. My eyes moved over his face, soaking in the way he now looked. I couldn’t help myself as I stood and placed a soft kiss to my boyfriends beautiful lips. A small laugh passed threw Gerard’s lips once I pulled away from him.

“I’ve missed you so much Gee.” I told him, leaving out faces close, our breathing mix as we exhaled.

“I’ve missed you too my love.” Gerard replied as his fingers unwrapped from his necklace, letting it fall to his chest. He moved his hand up to my hair, allowing the blanket that was covering him to fall lower on his chest. I looked at his milky white skin, new wounds, stitches, and scars showing themselves. Yet all of that was forgotten as soon as his fingers made their way into my hair. There was a time and place for him to tell me what had happened, if he wants to, but it wasn’t now.

“I’m so happy to see you, Mikey’s here but he said I needed some alone time with my boyfriend.” I again brought our lips together for a short kiss before continuing. “I’ll go down and get him whenever you’d like.”

“Okay, but I just want you for right now baby. Come up and lay with me.” I smiled so happily at him I felt like my face was about to rip. This was the first time in months I’ve been so happy.

“Are you sure? I don’t want to get you in trouble.” I said carefully I watched Gerard move himself over and make room for me to lay with him.

“I’m sure.” He replied as I climbed into the bed and laid down on my back, pulling Gerard on top of me. He nuzzled his beaten body into my chest and placed a kiss onto the fabric that covered my shoulder before placing his head right in the nook of my neck.

And as I held Gerard, his body fitting into mine just how it had before he left I knew everything was going to be okay. That his misery and long times away were just the rain. Him being found and coming home are now the sun after a storm. We can fix all the damage the storm brought us and start new. Our lives were just starting and I couldn’t have felt happier.
♠ ♠ ♠
i changed this into a two shot. so this is the end. So comment and tell me what you thought :D