Kisses and Frozen Treats.

1/1.

‘C’mon Jacky’, A seven year old Alex cooed. His delicate fingers took Jack’s and he clasped them together, pulling his friend from the floor with a cute grunt, because the younger boy was a little bit heavier than him.

The stairs were quite a terrifying place for two six and seven year old boys, and each held onto the railing and the other’s hand securely as they descended down the steep steps.

‘Careful Lexy’ Jack mumbled, brow furrowed in concentration as he moved lightly down each step. His hand tightened around Alex’s when the younger boy stumbled just slightly, and he breathed a sigh when they both made it to the bottom safely.

‘Phew’ Alex’s slightly high-pitched voice sounded, and he pulled on Jack’s hand gently as they crept to the living room.

They shuffled quietly to the door and hid just behind the frame, Alex peeking his head around to spot Jack’s mum. She had her back to the two boys, and she was scribbling something on paper; probably something adult and boring.

Alex stumbled a little bit when Jack knocked into him, and he turned around to see the other boy clutching his head with a frown.

‘I hit it’ he muttered, and Alex rolled his eyes.

‘S’okay Jacky’ he whispered, rubbing his thumb along the sore spot until his best friend’s lopsided, dopey grin returned.

Once Alex was satisfied that his friend was okay he retracted his hand, putting his fingers to his lips in a gesture that Jack understood all too well. He nodded and spun round on his small feet, tiptoeing lightly and pulling Alex with him.

The two boys made it to the kitchen fairly unharmed, save for Jack banging his head again, and it wasn’t until they arrived in front of the large fridge that a problem arose. Neither boy was tall enough.

Jack had the slight height advantage though, and so Alex got onto his knees with a sigh, bracing himself for Jack’s weight. Jack stood on his back slowly, keeping his feet a fair distance apart to try and spread out the weight for Alex.

‘Careful Jacky’ Alex whispered up to him, and the younger boy nodded. He bit his lip, eyebrows furrowing as he opened the door to the freezer. A cold blast of air hit him and he shivered just slightly, pulling down the sleeves of his Pokémon t-shirt.

Once his delicate arms were protected he started to root around in the cold space, looking for the popsicles. They had to be in somewhere- he and Alex had spied his mum putting them in there just this morning. She was probably hiding them, Jack deduced, and he knew exactly where her hiding place was.

Mrs Barakat thought Jack and Alex were none the wiser to her hiding place- an old empty ice cream tub way in the back of the freezer. She underestimated her son and his best friend’s intelligence.

Jack found what he was looking for with a grin and he opened the lid as quietly as he could, grin turning into a full on beam when he spotted the small box of popsicles.

He let out a small squeal- being careful to keep it as a whisper, but not being careful about his footing. He momentarily forgot that his surface was infact Alex’s fragile back, and it was a few seconds after he started jumping up and down that he lost his footing, crashing to the floor and consequently trapping Alex underneath him.

The older boy groaned as Jack's weight toppled on to him, and after a few moments he managed to roll himself over to look up at his best friend. He was still wearing that lopsided smile, and shaking the box of popsicles in front of Alex's eyes.

‘You’re silly Jacky’ The older boy giggled, rubbing his nose against Jack’s and tickling his sides playfully. He didn’t do it for long though, because his biggest priority was the box of frozen treats that were now lying on the floor. He managed to push Jack off of him, and he sat up, grabbing the box and tearing into it.

Jack merely watched with a smile, waiting for Alex to get what he wanted. If he didn’t get first pick of popsicles he was sincerely not very nice to be around. Jack didn’t really mind though, they all tasted the same to him. It transpired there were only two in the box, with them being larger than the ones Jack's mum usually bought him.

That was fine with him, but Alex’s mumbling under his breath suggested he thought otherwise. Still, he pushed the purple popsicle up until it broke through the plastic, and he started to nibble at it thoughtfully, keeping the other unopened treat firm in his left hand.
Jack was fine in waiting, cause in fact he liked to watch Alex eat. It was funny, how he always ended up with the majority of the treat covering his mouth.

Jack’s own eyes were closed when Alex whispered his name a few minutes later, and he opened them up and turned to the older boy.

‘Can I have your popsicle?’

Alex’s eyes were brown and wide and pleading, and Jack wavered before he shook his head.

‘I want it’ he pouted, grabbing for the treat. Alex pulled it away though, sitting up more straight and taking Jack’s hand in his own slightly cold one.

‘Please Jacky?’ Alex asked. ‘I really like the blue ones.’

Jack wanted to point that Alex liked every color, but he didn’t. He just frowned and squirmed a little before he gave in and nodded. He couldn’t say no the older boy, especially when he was grinning like he was now.

‘Thanks Jacky’ Alex whispered, putting his frozen treat to one side and crawling into Jack’s lap. He settled himself there, legs either side of Jack’s waist before he threw his arms around the younger boys neck, leaning forward and kissing him gentle and soft on the mouth.

Alex’s lips were cold from the popsicles, but nice all the same, and they gave Jack a funny feeling in his tummy. When the older boy pulled away, Jack was left there with his dopey smile again, just watching fondly as his best friend climbed off of him and set about eating his remaining popsicle.

Jack decided then that a kiss from Alex was better than some dumb popsicle.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope that made you go aww!
formspring me!