‹ Prequel: Souls to Steal
Status: active;;

Hearts for the Heartless

So Watch My Cheast Heave as This Last Breath Leaves Me

Alexandria paced nervously in her room, she was dressed and ready to leave the Manor whenever Severus summoned her. She tugged at her fingerless gloves, the ones she wore especially for flying.

Today was the day the Order was said to be moving Harry Potter, and Alexandria was supposed to ‘partner up’ with Snape and other Death Eaters she couldn’t remember. The Dark Lord has pretty much made Severus her ‘body guard’, you could say. He was in charge of watching her while her father disappeared on other private missions for the Dark Lord.

Alexandria continued to pace, her shoes patting on the wood floor quietly, she nervously nibbled on her thumbnail. The only thought running through her head was how they expected her to use unforgivable spells, not simple spells like stupefy. Alexandria’s heartbeat rose when there was a soft knock at her bedroom door. She hesitated for a moment before opening the door.

“Where you expecting someone else?” Draco asks as he walked into Alexandria’s room. Her face held a look of relief and she let out a large sigh.

“I can’t do it,” She muttered tugging at her hair, “I don’t think I can.”

The entire week that’s all Alexandria has told him, but when her father made her train on her broom she was flawless. He guessed she was worried about actual hurting her ‘friends’.

“You don’t need them as friends you know,” Draco muttered as he hopped on her bed.

Alexandria snapped her head in his direction, her mouth dropping in surprise.

“I don’t need them as friends?” She asked him, her tone incredulous. Draco cringed slightly realizing he should have never said that.

Alexandria waved her wand and muttered a silencing spell over the room so no one could hear their conversation.

“Draco… Harry Potter is our only hope for killing the Dark Lord,” Alexandria exclaimed, “He is the chosen one! The boy who lived!”

Draco stayed silent and watched as Alexandria began to pace again, tapping her wand to her head in frustration.

“Sure, I don’t need friends,” Alexandria stated, her voice soft, “But it’s nice to have friends.”

“I’m your best friend,” Draco stated, slightly hurt because he felt as if she had forgotten they were friends.
Alexandra smiled softly and sat beside Draco on her bed, “You are Draco, and I love you for always being there for me. But Harry is my friend too, and although you mean so much more to me than he does… he’s still my friend and I made a promise to him.”

Alexandria lifted her hand to stroke the Draco’s hair to the side softly. His eyes closed at her touch and he continued to listen to what she said.

“He killed my mum Draco,” She spoke, “I can never let that go. He killed my mum and when he did he took my father away from me, my loving sweet father. He killed her because she didn’t want this life, she didn’t want to be a death eater. My mother was a powerful wizard but she didn’t fight back or against him, she accepted death so easily… I guess that’s why I can accept it so easily.”

At this Draco snapped his eyes open and looked at Alexandria in disbelief, “Don’t…”

Alexandria tore her eyes away from his and looked at her wand.

“Don’t say that,” Draco said, “Please, just don’t say that…”

“Sorry,” she muttered, twiddling her wand between her fingers.

Draco sighed and lifted Alexandria’s chin with his index finger.

Her eyes we’re swimming with a pool of emotion he knew only he could see, to anyone else her eyes would look emotionless.
Slowly Draco leaned forward and pressed his lips gently on Alexandria’s, his hand made its way to the side of her face, gently cupping it with his hand. Alexandria returned the kiss, tangling her fingers in Draco’s hair.

Alexandria let out a small giggle when Draco pushed her down against her bed and began kissing all over her face, with every kiss he muttered an ‘I love you’ to her.

A knock at the door disrupted the rare moment between the two and Alexandria sighed and looked at Draco. He frowned and stood up from the bed, straightening out his clothes, Alexandria mimicking his actions.

She opened the door and frowned deeply seeing Snape standing there, his eyes quickly looked at Draco and then back to Alexandria.

“Grab your robes and mask, we’ll be leaving soon.”

Alexandria sighed and Snape, with one last glance at the young couple, walked away.

Alexandria sighed again and looked at Draco, he frowned. He walked up to her and pecked her lips softly.

“You’ll do fine,” Draco whispered, “You’ll be fine.”

The last part of his sentence sounded more as if were trying to convince himself. Nonetheless, Alexandria nodded and grabbed her broom, wand and mask; quickly she slid on her robe and left the room. Draco followed close behind her as they walked to the back yard of the Malfoy Manor.

The sky was Dark as everyone waited, most had already left in search of Potter but only few remained, including Severus.

“Hurry, lets get going,” Snape snapped at Alexandria and she sneered at him putting on her mask. With one last pleading look at Draco, she flew into the sky following Snape and what appeared to be the Carrow twins and Yaxley.

The skies were a dark blue color, and the only sound really heard was her breathing beneath the mask.

“Where are we flying to?”’ Amycus asked, his voice only slightly muffled by his mask, but it was enough for her to confirm it was him.

“Just shut up and follow me,” Snape growled at him and flew faster. Alexandria leaned forward on her broom and her heart rate accelerated when she saw two people flying on brooms in the distance.

One appeared to be Harry Potter. He was barley noticeable since his face was almost covered by his hood; the only thing really recognizable was his pure white owl behind him.

The Death Eaters all seemed to silence themselves and lean forward on their brooms, silently speeding up. Alexandra looked to see Potter was not alone, as she would have guessed, but instead her old Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Remus Lupin, accompanied him.

Severus was the first to sit up straighter on his broom and aim his wand.

“Crucio!” He called out, a steam of red light escaped from his wand and towards Lupin. Remus seemed to sense our presence here already and easily dodged it, whipping his wand in our direction.

“Stupefy!” He yelled.

Alexandria POV

The stream of light headed towards mine and Snape’s direction and I weaved myself to the side, quickly avoiding it.

I pulled my wand and aimed it at Remus, flashes of green, yellow and red lights were being exchanged back and forth between everyone, Harry hadn’t pulled out his wand nor was he firing any spells.

I whipped my wand in Lupin’s direction; the yellow light of the stun missed him but caught the end of Harry’s broom. Harry seemed to have trouble steadying himself and the hood that rested upon his head came off letting his shaggy hair move wildly on top of his head.

Again I thrust my wand in their direction firing another stunning spell.

Remus noticed me and immediately fired back, deflecting my spell in the process.

I grunted in frustration and leaned forward, “Crucio!”

The red light streamed from my wand and Remus barley avoided it, Snape took this time to call out his own spell and aim it towards Potter.

“Sectumsempra!” The spell fired and went straight towards Harry, he attempted to dodge it but it caught the side of his head, taking off his ear.

The sound of his painful yell filled the quiet air and I froze.

That isn’t the yell of Harry Potter, the voice that refused to scream all this time is not the voice of Harry Potter. The yell was deeper, raspier yet funnier.

The only reason she recognized this was because of her 5th year when she took the O.W.L’s with Umbridge when he was on of the two yelling at the top of his lungs and throwing fireworks into the air.

That was not Harry Potter on that broom; it was one of the Weasley twins.

No one took notice as they all continued firing spells at the two while Lupin tried to deflect them and hold onto a twin. My heart sunk into the bottom of my stomach and I felt sick, which ever twin that was, George or Fred, he was one of my really good friends when he went to Hogwarts. And here I am firing spells at him.

“Fall back!” I yelled and the heads snapped to me, “It’s not Potter! It’s a fake, fall back!”

Everyone looked at me.

“I know Potter’s voice!” I growled, “That’s not him! Fall back!”

Everyone stopped moving forward on their brooms, and as Lupin and one of the twins continued on, it seemed as if we were going backwards. Lupin who heard me yell turned round, fear stricken in his eyes as he learned that I knew it wasn’t Potter. He whipped his wand in Snape’s direction yelling out the cruciatus curse.

I turned quickly, “Stupefy!”
Before the curse could hit Snape and shoved him out of the way, the curse hit the end of my broom, setting it on fire. I cursed loudly and flew towards the ground, my broom shook violently and the only thing in my line of vision was a large open field of grass. I tugged at my broom, trying to pull it back to slow down the impact but it wouldn’t work.

I yelped and turned my head landing roughly on my shoulder. Pain shot through my arm, ribs and spine and I screeched out in pain. The loud sickening crunch made me cringe and black spots were beginning to cloud my vision.

I saw someone land next to me and rush over.

“Why must you be so foolish?”

After that everything in my vision went black.

Third Persons

“He’s lost an ear,” Lupin said, glancing at Hermione.

“Lost an –?” Hermione repeated her voice rising.

“Snapes work,” Lupin stated and Harry did a double take.

Snape?” He shouted, “You didn’t say –”

“He lost his hood during the chase. Sectumsempra was always a specialty of Snape’s. I wish I could say I paid him back in kind, and I tried. But someone else got in the way.”

“Someone got in the way?” Harry asked slowly.

“Yes, a new death eater I supposed,” Lupin stated, rubbing his chin.

“Malfoy?” Harry asked.

Before Lupin could answer Hagrid called out, “Harry give us a hand!”
Harry headed through the empty kitchen and back into the sitting room, where Mrs. Weasley and Ginny were still tending to George. Harry took notice of the gaping hole where Georges ear had been.

Mrs. Weasley explained that she wouldn’t be able to bring his ear back since it was Dark Magic that took it off, but that there were still thankful he was alive. After a couple more words being exchanged the loud yell of Mr. Weasley erupted, demanding to see his son.

“Arthur!” Mrs. Weasley sobbed, “Oh thank goodness!”

“How is he?”

Fred and Arthur were by Georges side when he stated he felt “saintlike” because he was holey.

“Ah well.” George grinned, “you’ll be able to tell us apart now, anyway, Mum.”

“What happened?” Harry asked, looking at Lupin, waiting for him to finish his story.

“It was Alex!” Exclaimed George, his eyes widening a bit, “She pretty much saved us!”

“She’s a death eater,” Lupin growled, “She wasn’t saving us, she was saving herself.”

“Alex?” Mrs. Weasley gaped, she remembered the girl visiting Fred and George once, and she remembers her being very sweet.

“Lupin,” George muttered his name, “He shot her down though.”

“I was aiming the curse at Snape!” Lupin defended, “She bumped him to the side and it hit the end of her broom setting it on fire. It was her own fault.”

Hermione gasped.

“She was trying to protect us,” George groaned feebly.

“How?” Ron asked.

“After Snape hit me with the spell, she told everyone to fall back. They didn’t seem to notice it was me, but she did. They kept on firing curses at us – all three. One nearly got me,” George explained and the room fell silent.

“Who side is she on?” Ron muttered.

“Ours,” Harry answered, “She’s on our side. She just won’t bring herself to admit it.”

“What happened?” Narcissa gasped seeing Snape walk into the Manor holding Alexandria. Her face was cut up and bloody. Her black robes and clothes were torn and soaking with blood.

“I’ll explain, just show me where I can set her down to heal her wounds,” Snape stated. Narcissa rushed to the nearest guest room and Snape laid the girl down. He was curious as to why she would help him like that, risking her own life.

Draco walked down the stairs upon hearing his mother and Snape’s voice. His eyebrows furrowed seeing small droplets of blood on the floor. Slowly he followed the droplets into the guest room. He saw his mother, his father and Snape surrounding the bed, murmuring in hushed tones.

“She did what?” Narcissa gasped, her voice low.

“She pushed me away before the curse could hit me, it ending up hitting the end of her broom, sending her flying towards the ground.”

Snape voice was also hushed, the curiosity was evident.

“Draco mustn’t find out,” Narcissa muttered, “If he does –”

“I mustn’t find what out?” Draco asked, his heart sinking to the pit of his stomach.

Narcissa turned around, as did the other three.

Narcissa sighed, already knowing she wouldn’t be able to convince her son to leave, so she stepped aside.

Draco’s face changed to a look of horror as she saw Alexandria unconscious and bloody.

“W-what…”

Draco couldn’t even finish his sentence, so Snape explained again what had happened.

“A couple of her ribs are broken, her wrist was also broken, as well as he arm, she sprained her ankle and I’m pretty sure she hit her head pretty hard.”

Draco frowned deeply and he felt as if he wanted to cry.

“I’ll go brew some potions for her to take,” Snape said and walked out of the room, Lucius followed him. Narcissa looked her son.

”She’ll be fine darling,” She said kissing his cheek, “I’ll go find a wizard doctor to heal her wounds properly.”

Draco nodded numbly and walked over to Alexandria’s side. His heart ached seeing her like this but the one thing he wondered was why did she protect Snape and put her life on the line?
The lines she told him once ran through his mind and he looked at her in realization.

“I’ll protect anyone who deserves to be protected, that’s everyone who has made an impact in my life and helped me. That’s anyone who is too innocent to realize what is going on. That’s anyone I love, I’ll put my life in danger to protect them.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't update yesterday so I typed a really long chapter. 8 pages in Word. Woo! :D<3
Comments are really loved<3 I worked really hard on this chapter so feedback would be appreciated!

BTW[/] the song Paradise Lost by Hollywood Undead inspired the title of this story and also a lot of parts from the story. I suggest you listen to it, I really like the song.

xoxo,
Alexa.