‹ Prequel: Souls to Steal
Status: active;;

Hearts for the Heartless

I've Become So Numb

Alexandria buttoned up her coat and slipped on her gloves, quickly she slipped on her shoes and went for the door. Dolohov was waiting there, an impatient look on his face.

“Ready now?” He asked her. She sneered at him, “Yes, lets go.”

Both of the Death Eaters apparated to the front of apartment buildings.

“We just bloody stand here?” Alexandria whispered harshly at Dolohov who nodded and stood. He spread his legs out and crossed his arms behind his back. Alexandria lowered her head, her eyes looking up at the building. The late night shadows casting a mean sinister look upon her beautiful features.

“The Dark Lord said you must be back by 9 in the morning so you have time to catch your train to Hogwarts,” Dolohov spoke not looking at Alexandria but keeping his eyes on the building.

Alexandria nodded, and continued to stare at the building in front of her. She knew that Potter and the three others where hiding in there. She watched the building in front of her for what felt like hours, and it was in fact ours that she sat just staring at it. The building looked empty except for a couple of muggles, besides that there seemed to be nothing. But deep down she knew Harry, Ron and Hermione were all hiding in there. And they should b hiding because everyone was after Harry, soon they would be after Hermione. Ron was supposed to be sick at home, as confirmed by Death Eaters but she knew better. She knew that Ron would never leave Harry’s side.

Scrimgeour is dead and Voldemort had now taken over the Ministry. Alexandria was losing hope, and losing hope fast. She had been waiting in front of the building for a couple nights now.

She was losing sleep over it, which in turned caused her to sleep more which lead to her eating less. Her face was pale, and there were dark circles underneath her eyes. Her temper was becoming short and the only person she would really talk to anymore was Draco.

There was still no sign of her father and when Alexandria confronted Voldemort about it when he visited the Manor he simply looked amused for a moment and then he ignored her.

Alexandria’s eyes caught something entering the building, an elbow appeared in her line of view and then quickly disappeared. Her heart rate sped up and she quickly glanced at Dolohov who didn’t seem to notice at all.

She quietly regulated her breathing.

“You may leave now,” Dolohov spoke, his voice gruff, “Someone else will be here in a moment.”
Alexandria gave him a quick glance before she apparated back to the Malfoy Manor.

She decided not to change, but instead she quickly made sure she had all her belongings.

While she was placing her death eater robes into her trunk Draco walked into the room.

“Where were you all night?” He practically hissed at her.

She turned around to look at him and his stare softened, her eyes were tired and worried.

“I was watching the bloody house again,” She muttered closing her trunk and lifting it up off her bed. Draco immediately reached and grabbed it from her, with his free hand he grabbed her hand and intertwined their fingers. She smiled lightly, rubbing her tired eyes as they walked downstairs.

Narcissa greeted them both while they sat and ate breakfast. Draco had to almost force Alexandria to eat more because she was refusing to touch her food. Eventually she gave in and ate everything Draco put on her plate. After breakfast they both made their way to the train.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Draco and Alexandria clutched each others hands as they walked towards the train. Students who spotted them immediately broke into a hush of whispers, looking at the two death eaters.

The whispers doubled even more because of the fact the two were holding hands.
Draco glanced at Alexandria, her eyes were swimming with shame and worry. Yet he noticed how to tried to hide it with confidence, he knew he was the only one who could see these emotions and he knew she was ashamed that people knew she was a death eater.

After all Voldemort killed her mother. Draco tugged at her hand gently and she looked at him, smiling gently.

He leaned forward slightly and pressed his lips to hers softly before backing away, “Let’s go find a compartment, love.”

Alexandria smiled at him, following him as he walked through the train. Most people cleared a path, disgusted by the fact that they were death eaters, others cleared the path out of pure fear. Once the two found an empty compartment they set their trunks down and settled themselves comfortably on the seat.

Draco wrapped his arm around Alexandria’s shoulder and she leaned into him, nuzzling the crook of his neck causing him to chuckle. She closed her eyes and her breathing became slower and Draco realized she had fallen asleep.

The compartment door opened and Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle stepped inside. Draco immediately put a finger to his lips, his brows furrowing in a menacing look.

The boys entered the compartment quietly and took a seat across the couple.

“Why is Princess so tired?” Goyle asked quietly, glancing at Alexandria then back at Draco.

“The Dark Lord has been sending her out almost every night,” Draco muttered quietly, “So she hasn’t had a chance to really sleep much.”

Blaise nodded, “I’m guessing you’re not getting much? But why is she?”

“I don’t know,” Draco muttered frowning, “My mom says its because he favors her. She rarely shows him any fear. She was the first youngest death eater yet she does more tasks than my aunt, Bellatrix.”

“Don’t worry about her mate,” Blasé tried to console his worried friend, “She’s a tough gal, I’m sure she’ll be fine.”

“I hope so, after the accident with the other task,” Draco muttered, “I don’t even know what I would do if she wasn’t ok.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Short I know, next chapter will be better. Classes start with the Carrows. ;D

xoxo,
Alexa.