Status: Hiatus

You Are My Reason For Breathing

And Today Was A Day Just Like Any Other

Ever since I hit puberty, I knew I would never be perfect. I would never be like all the other girls who had no problems feeling pretty in anything they wore. I would never get all the guys because quite frankly, I knew I wasn't pretty enough.

Sure I've had crushes and asked people out, but I was turned down every time. By the end of eighth grade, I was very dejected. I didn't know if I would have a relationship. But I hoped I would. I hoped someone would look past my weight problem and see someone beautiful.

By the time I got to high school, I had a slight depression. I didn't feel pretty, I was chubby, I didn't feel loved at school or at home. So I kept my grades up. I wanted people to see me for who I was, not for what I looked like.

But, that didn't work. So, after high school, I decided to move somewhere where nobody knew me. I decided to move to Orange County in California. It was far enough away from Texas. It was far enough from the people there and it was my best bet to run away from the place that had caused me so much pain.

I moved to California June 5th, 2003. It took a couple days and a couple thousand songs on my Ipod Classic. It was the longest drive I've ever had to make, but it was worth it. It was worth it to be here and not in Texas anymore.

I stepped out of my newly purchased apartment, and felt good about myself. I felt as though I had accomplished something incredible for myself. It was something I would have never been able to say a couple years ago and... it felt... good. Liberating almost. I was my own person and I would never have to deal with the cruel words of even crueler classmates. It was a nice change of pace.

I made sure I had my keys before walking over to the park right next to my apartment building. It would give me time to collect myself before I did anything drastic. Something I would consider life altering.

Sitting on the swings, I looked out in the distance and observed my surroundings. I saw a bunch of palm trees surrounding the park, and one lonely boy sitting on the slide with a notebook. As confused as I was about the boy, I decided it would be best not bothering him.

Instead, I decided to be creepy and just watch him. Admire him from ten feet away. It's not like he could tell that I was doing it. And it's not like it's illegal to stare at someone or something. It's just a tad... creepy.

Just then he met my gaze and my face immediately turned red. I looked away quickly, and I swore I saw the beautiful boy smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello people of Earth and beyond! So, first chapter of my brand spankin' new Andrew McMahon story. And, I gotta say, I think it's boring as hell, but that's just me. First chapters aren't meant to be extremely exciting, so this chapter isn't.

I have decided to do an Andrew McMahon story because, well, just like Mark Hoppus, he isn't written about enough. I can't understand why. The man is a musical genius.

And I want to get one thing clear before I go any further. This story is set just before Something Corporate's album North came out, so, this girl (who remains unnamed at this point) can be his muse.

Another thing I want to get clear- I've seen many stories about band guys where the girl is always thin, and with no flaws whatsoever. For this story, I have made it so a slightly bigger girl gets a shot at happiness. Something I haven't seen in other stories. Because all girls are not super thin and do have flaws, that's how I have made my female character. Just to make this story more appealing to others. Many people fall in love all the time, and not all of them are always thin. All kinds of people fall in love with different kinds of people.

And, that is all my lovely readers.