Status: Hiatus

You Are My Reason For Breathing

Be My Lantern, Help Me Shine On Through

A couple months after I went to the beach with Andrew, things between us progressively got better, and my friendship with him got a whole lot deeper than with any other friend I've ever had. He's told me things he's never told anyone, not even his band mates, and he now knows things about me that my own mom doesn't even know about. He knows the reason why I moved here and the reason I never wanna go back.

Andrew invading my apartment in the morning became part of my regular routine. I would wake up, wash my face, then go to my kitchen to make two bowls of cereal; one for me, and one for him. He would always be knocking on my door before I was even done pouring the milk.

But today, it was...different. He wasn't at my door when I was pouring the milk for our cereal. So I did what any normal person would've done. I ate my cereal in complete silence as I waited for Andrew to arrive and claim the bowl of cereal that I know I wasn't going to eat if he didn't take it.

&&

I got up to put Andrew's bowl in the sink around noon when I noticed he wasn't gonna come over anytime soon. To be honest, I would say I would be lying if I said that it wasn't gonna effect me, because in reality, it kind of did. It sounds really pathetic, but I was just waiting for that knock on my door that would hopefully be from Andrew.

I sighed and tried to shake those thoughts out of my head. Thinking about him right now would not be beneficial to my health. It seemed that lately I've been thinking about Andrew a whole lot more than I should.

I turned the television on and sat there with a smile on my face as a Scooby-Doo movie appeared on the screen. I was about thirty minutes in when I heard a knock at my door. Curious, I walked slowly to the door and a grin found its way back on my face when I looked out the peephole and saw Andrew standing there with his hands in his pockets and an unreadable expression on his face as he looked down at the floor.

I opened the door and he looked up at me and smiled slightly. I motioned for him to come inside but he shook his head. I stepped out of my door frame and closed the door before I leaned against it.

I looked him in the face and he motioned for me to follow him. We walked in silence across the hall to his apartment. He opened the door and walked into his living room. He looked back at me and I followed suit after I closed his door. I walked into his living room and saw pictures of what I assumed to be his family.

I walked closer to one of the pictures and saw a beautiful woman about sixteen years old leaning her head on his shoulder with her arms wound around his neck. Looking at the photo reminded me that I would never be as good as the women he had previously dated. I sighed, ad turned away from the picture. Andrew stood beside me and confirmed my previous thought.

"She was one of my first girlfriends," he explained to me as I merely nodded my head. "She moved away about a week after this was taken."

I couldn't think of an appropriate response, so I just nodded my head again. I looked around his living room and saw a cluttered desk and the most beautiful baby grand piano I had ever seen.

I turned to Andrew, "You play?" I asked, referring to the piano. He nods and I grin. "Can you play me something?"

He grinned. "I would love to,"

He walked over to the piano with me in tow, and he sat at the piano while I sat on the floor next to him. Andrew turned to me, "You can pull up a chair you know,"

I smiled, "I know, but I felt like sitting on your floor,"

He shook his head with a smile and began playing. I was astounded by his piano skills and his absolutely amazing voice. Even though I had never heard him sing before, it felt familiar. Something I had heard before. I shook the thought and listened to him play.

"Standing there with your smile blinding
Your eyes from seeing
My face as I'm dying

To figure out a girl

But she drifts so far away
I'm on her coast
So maybe I should stay
And map around your world"


I smiled as I listened to his melodic playing and silently wished I knew the person he was singing about. The girl who probably meant the world to him. But suddenly, I didn't care because he was here, singing to me, and playing to me. No ones ever done this for me, or made me feel this special.

His playing suddenly stopped and I looked up at him. He looked back at me, as if waiting for my reaction. I grinned like a madman and I'm guessing he took it as a positive reaction, because he grinned too.

I stood up and touched one of the keys and smiled at the sound it made. I ran my fingers over a couple more keys, but stopped when Andrew put one of his hands on my hand. I looked up at him and he smiled before looking back down at the piano.

He moved my hand across the piano and I noticed we were playing part of the song he had just finished playing me, but we were playing it slower than he played it. I looked at our hands moving across the piano, and I smiled contently.

Suddenly, the playing stopped. I looked up at him and he looked back at me; it was if all time had stopped, and we were the only ones in the world. I noticed Andrew's eyes shift between my eyes and my lips, and before I knew it, he was standing not even an inch away from me.

He closed the space between us and planted his lips softly on mine. I smiled in the kiss, because this was what I had been waiting for my whole life; a small piece of bliss and the softest, yet sweetest kiss ever.

He had pulled away before I wanted him to and we both opened our eyes. We smiled at each other and he took my hand in his. And for the first time in my life, nothing could have ever turned out better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this chapter took so long guys! And the fact that I neglected to post the beach chapter I promised, but I didn't post that one because I had writers block.

I'm sorry if this chapter sucks, but I hope it doesn't because I worked really, really hard on it. It took me three days to get this chapter written, mostly because I kept running out of ideas

One last piece of business to attend to. The first person to comment on this story, gets to be a new character for the story.

That is all my fine furry friends. I bid you all a fond farewell.