Status: Hiatus

You Are My Reason For Breathing

You've Got Me Wrapped Around Your Finger

Andrew was supposed to show up any minute, and I had no idea what I was doing. My hair was an absolute mess, I was walking around my apartment still in my pajamas, and my nerves were going haywire. It got so bad that I was almost bouncing off the walls of my tiny apartment. I tried sitting down and relaxing, but it was a failed attempt.

Suddenly, I heard a knock on my door. "Just a minute," I yelled. I ran to my bedroom and threw on the nearest dress I could find. Once I had that done, I ran to my bathroom and brushed out the mess that was my hair. When I was satisfied, I ran to my front door and slipped on my dirty Converse, grabbed a random purse and stuffed my key in it before opening the door.

There stood Andrew in all of his glory dressed in a nice shirt, a pair of jeans, and a pair of nice Converses. He smiled when he saw me and I blushed like I always do. "You look nice," he says with a smile.

I slip my purse over my shoulder and lock my door, before turning back to Andrew. "So do you," I say quietly. "You clean up well."

He smirks and takes my hand. "I know,"

I laugh rather loudly and we take our walk downstairs.

&&

"So," I say while swinging our hands together, "where are you taking me?"

He grins. "You make it sound like I'm kidnapping you."

I smile slightly. "I don't know what you do for a living,"

He gasped slightly and turned to face me completely. "That's right! You don't!" He turns back around and grabs my hand again. "I'll have to show you sometime."

I turn my head to him slightly. "You're not a hit-man are you?"

He laughs and shakes his head. "Something slightly less... gruesome."

"A spy?"

"Slightly less... courageous," he says thoughtfully.

"Hmm..." I say while swinging our hands together, "a stripper?" I ask jokingly.

He gives me a death glare. "Could I really pass for a stripper? Maybe that could work if my day job doesn't work out."

"I was running out of options," I say with a shrug, trying to hold back my laughter.

"Okay, I guess I'll tell you," he starts, and I glance at him in the street light. He stops us and stands directly in front of me, "but you have to promise not to freak out."

"Is it really that bad?" I say sarcastically. He gives me a look and I shut up.

"Promise?"

I sigh. "Promise."

He holds up his pinky. "Pinky promise?"

I giggle slightly and hook my pinky with his. "Pinky promise."

"Okay," he begins as soon as we put our fingers down, "I play in a band."

"Okay..." Definitely did not expect that one.

"We're called," he takes a deep breath and looks me in the eyes, "Something Corporate."

My mind draws a blank and I just stare at him. But then I remember his playing, and suddenly it all comes together. No wonder that song sounded so familiar; I had heard it before when Something Corporate had come to my town a couple years ago.

"Seriously?" I ask incredulously.

He nods. "You're not gonna freak out on me, are you?"

"No, I promised, remember?"

Andrew slowly grinned and we kept on walking to his car. I seriously could not believe that Andrew was in Something Corporate. Some things in this universe just didn't make sense.

&&

"This is really awesome," I said as we were walking on the beach hand-in-hand.

"Only the best for you."

I turned to him and he just grinned cheekily. I laughed, but that only widened his grin. "How exactly did you come up with this?"

"Because beach dates always work out well," I gave him a look, and he laughed. "We're in Orange County, California. How could you not come to a beach for a date?" I looked at him again in question, but he just smiled.

"Because it's inhumane, right?"

He grinned widely at me. "Exactly. It's like you just read my mind."

"So I'm a mind-reader now?"

"Let's see... what am I thinking now?"

I shrugged. "Tacos?"

He grinned mischievously. "Nope."

I turned to face Andrew completely, with his hand still intertwined with mine. "Not even close?"

He shook his head 'no' with a smile. "Not even close."

"Hmm... dancing cucumbers?"

He laughed and I grinned. "Dancing cucumbers? Where'd that come from?"

"I was running out of ideas." I shrugged lightly.

He gave me a small smile as he grabbed my other hand. "Think harder."

I blushed furiously and stared into Andrew's beautiful blue eyes. "The wonderful looking ocean?" I said jokingly.

He gave me a look and I giggled slightly. "Precisely. Because I'm totally on a date with the Pacific Ocean."

I blushed when he said 'date' and he smirked. Damn him. "Is that not what you were thinking about? 'Cause that's what I was thinking about."

He looked at me weirdly, but stepped closer to me nonetheless. "Now?"

"I think I know," I say as a furious blush invades my cheeks.

"Do you now? Do you really?"

That's when I un-linked our hands and put mine behind his neck, while he put his around my waist. "Am I getting it right?"

He smiled at me. "Almost."

"What am I missing?"

"This."

He moved one of his hands to cup my face as the other one tangled its way into my hair. I instantly felt my face get warm as he lowered his face to mine, and softly placed his lips on mine. It was enough to turn my insides into jelly and to send my heartbeat into overdrive.

Too soon he pulled away and I internally groaned. He noticed my discomfort and placed his forehead against mine. I blushed and Andrew smiled. "You look so cute when you blush. You know that?"

"Thanks," I said meekly, while trying to fight another blush, but failing miserably.

He merely smiled in response and took his forehead off mine. "Anytime, beautiful."

I blushed furiously again as he laughed as I removed my hands from his neck. "You've gotta stop with the compliments."

He removed his hands from my body and stuffed them in his pockets. "You should know that I don't listen well."

"Well maybe you should."

He smirked, and crossed his arms in front of his chest. "Well maybe you should learn to read minds better?"

I smirked as well. "I thought I read it very well," I said, and I couldn't miss the unmistakable blush that filled his cheeks.

"I believe I had to show you."

He smirked at me and I scoffed. "Oh, please. I was getting to that. You were the one who couldn't wait to kiss me."

"You sound amazingly self-assured," he said with a grin.

"That's because I am," I said with a wink.

"Are you sure?" I nodded. "Do you want an instant replay?"

I laughed and lightly hit his shoulder. "Later, Romeo."

He shrugged. "Can't blame a guy for trying."

I laughed. "You're so suave tonight."

"Or maybe I'm just confident tonight. I'm in my natural habitat."

"A beach is your natural habitat?"

He laughed. "No, a date is." He wiggled his eyebrows at me.

I laughed and covered my face with my hands. "You're so weird."

He winked at me when I lifted my face out of my hands. "Don't deny that you don't like it."

&&

Me and Andrew were currently in front of my apartment, and I sighed, knowing this amazing night was about to end. "So, I had fun tonight."

He smiled widely. "Me too. We should definitely do this again."

"Is that your way of asking me out again?"

"Well, I kind of expected it to work. I mean, you are my girlfriend after all."

My heart swelled when he said 'girlfriend'. I still couldn't believe that we were together after all this time. This all seemed like a dream come true. "Since I'm your girlfriend, you should know you don't have to use cheesy pick-up lines on me."

"Maybe I do it just to see you blush," He says matter-of-factly.

I nodded as a light blush settled on my cheeks. "That seems plausible."

He smiled at me. "You and your big words," He says in a teasing tone. He checked his watch and groaned. "But, I must bid you farewell. It's nearly midnight, and I have to be at the studio really early tomorrow."

I nodded, acting like I understood what he meant, when it was clear that I didn't. He caught on to my lack of knowledge, and filled me in. "I have some songs to record for our next album."

"Oh, cool. Have fun with that."

He laughed. "I will, don't worry."

I smiled and fished my key out of my purse to unlock my door. I slipped my key into the lock and opened the door. Once the door was open, I turned around to Andrew, and smiled at him once again.

"Well, goodnight," He said with a smile. He leaned over to me, and pressed his lips softly to my cheek. I blushed yet again, and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Goodnight," I said quietly with a smile.

He grinned again, and stroked my cheek with his hand, before turning around to go to his apartment. He fished around in his pocket for his key, and once he found it he unlocked his door. Before he opened it, he turned around and blew a kiss at me. I giggled quietly and he winked at me.

I smiled to myself as he turned around and opened his door. I stepped into my apartment, and turned around one more time. I saw Andrew standing there in his open doorway, looking like he was debating something. I shrugged, before turning around, and closing my door.

I leaned against my door, and just smiled. Because I knew that tonight was hands down the best night of my life, and I had my wonderful boyfriend to thank for it.

I heard a knocking at my door, and I opened it to find Andrew standing there, before I ushered him in. "So, what's up?"

He blushed furiously and looked at his feet. "I couldn't stop thinking about you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so, I know I've been gone for forever, but I promise I have not died. :) I may have been abducted by aliens, but that's a different story for another time. I jokes, guys.

I know I have been gone for awhile, but there was a reason for that. And it sounds lame, but anyways, here goes. I was searching for inspiration. I had terrible writer's block, and my brain just wouldn't work, soo...yeah.

Commenter(s):

lovinmesomemcmahon!: Aww, that's so sweet! :3 And, my family had a fantastic Christmas, thank you for asking. :) Sorry this is so late. Writer's block. :/ Bleh! I'm back for good now, so no worries. :)

john cornelius: Thank you so much. :3 And, yeah, Andrew's pretty amazing by himself. No words needed. :) Jack's Mannequin and Something Corporate are some of my favorite bands too, but my favorite is Simple Plan. They rock my socks off. ;D

So... here goes my usual question; If you had to listen to one song consecutively for the rest of you life, what would it be, and why?

P.S. It's so friggin' long, 'cause I thought you guys deserved it. You waited long enough, so It had to be long. :)

Alright people of Earth and beyond, I bid you a fond farewell.

This won't be the last of me. :D