Status: Active

An ordinary life? I don't think so

Chapter One

“Oh crap! I’m late for school!” I shout as I looked over at my alarm clock which obviously did not go off this morning. I got up tossing my covers on the floor and ran to the bathroom to get ready. After finishing I put my long black hair into a pony tail and grab a black form fitting shirt and jeans.

Before leaving my room I throw my school books in my backpack and grab my Ipod before bolting downstairs and out the door. I didn’t bother closing it, my parents were home for once and I’m sure they could manage that simple task. Even though my parents were well off and we lived in a huge house, they still were cheap people who decided their only daughter could manage the shopping, cleaning, housework etc.

When I finally made it to school the first bell had just rang and thankfully people were just getting to class. I walked straight to class not wanting to be late. I slipped into my class and took my seat at the back of class. I was not a people person. I’ve been by myself my whole life, it was what I preferred. I talked to people when I had to but I would rather be on my own.

I opened my backpack and pulled out my books and set them on my desk. As I was pulling out a pencil someone walked by me and knocked my books off my desk.

“Oops my bad,” Someone snickered.

I looked up and regretted it. There they were the three people who made my life a living hell Arthur, Anthony and Zack. I don’t bother replying and I pick up my books as our teacher Mr. Williams walks in. I sigh in relief knowing I’m safe for awhile.

Mr. Williams put his things on his desk and as usual went around to collect the day before math homework and as usual I have mine already out and ready to hand in. I know I’m a bit of a nerd but when you spend all your time to yourself you need things to occupy your mind otherwise depression will take over.

Mr. Williams reaches my desk and gives me a smile showing how proud he was and said, “Nice job Betty.”

“No surprise, the freak got her homework done on time. Someone needs a life.” Arthur laughed with his friends which caused my smile to fall.

The class continued on as Mr. Williams gave a quick lesson and assigned tonight’s homework. I finished most of mine in class since he gave us most of the time to work on it. I doubt anyone else got any done since they were busy chatting with friends. I could hear Arthur, Anthony and Zack laughing and occasionally they would throw a paper ball at my back.

Soon enough class was over and I quickly packed my things and left the class. A few more hours and it was lunch time. I never bought food from the cafeteria, I did not like waiting in a long line with crowded people. I walked past the cafeteria doors towards outside. I pass by a lot of the smokers who sit on the outside steps. They never gave me a hard time since I never told anyone that they were smoking on school property. It was like a silent agreement.

I walked along the path and found my usual tree that I sat under. I pulled my lunch bag from my backpack and quickly ate. I wanted to finish all my homework today since my parents were home. I wanted to make a dinner for them. I was just about finished when my paper was snatched out of my hands.

“Doing homework on your lunch freak?” Anthony spat at me.

I stood up calmly and asked, “Can I have my homework back Anthony?”

“Nope,” he replied popping the ‘p’.

I had enough of this. I reach out to grab it but Anthony put his hand on her stomach to push her back as he looked over the paper.

“Looks like we’ve got our homework done boys,” they all laughed as Anthony gave one final shove to me knocking me to the ground. I wonder if these guys ever heard of the no hurting girls rule.

I grab my backpack and just leave. No point in getting it back. I would rather redo it than be by them any longer. As I neared the doors I could still hear them laughing and taunting me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed!
Please comment on my first story posted.
I'm unsure if I am doing this right. So any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!