Status: Active

An ordinary life? I don't think so

Chapter Thirteen

We pulled into one of those common fast food chains. I wasn’t complaining though. Food is food and I was damn hungry.

I ordered a burger, fries and coke while Arthur basically ordered the whole menu.

“Your total will be twenty dollars and sixty cents,” the teenage kid behind the counter said.

I pulled out my wallet to pay for my half when Arthur pulled out a twenty and a five out.

“It’s on me Betty.” Arthur grinned as he looked at me. I pouted at this. I didn’t need his charity. In fact I was well too well off.

I didn’t say anything as Arthur grabbed the food and we headed towards an empty table by the door.

I opened the wrapper of my hamburger and took a bite of the over greased meat with what some people question as even lettuce and tomato.

I looked up from my food at Arthur and saw that he was not a polite eater. He had sauce on his face from the burger and I noticed that in-between bites he would shove a few fries in
his mouth before taking a gulp of his pop, his saliva dripped from it.

He noticed me staring and looked at me.

“What?” He said with a mouthful of food, some of the sauce was beginning to drip down onto his chin.

He looked so childlike.

So innocent.

“Here, let me.” I grabbed a napkin and gently wiped the sauce from his face before crumpling it up and placing it beside our tray.

Arthur gave me a toothy grin, “Thanks Betty-boop.”

I smiled in return before continuing to finish my food.

>>>>

By the time Arthur was finished, my burger was three quarters gone along with half my fries.

“I’m full.” I groaned and leaned back against my chair.

Arthur chuckled, “Does that mean you’re not going to finish that?”

I look at him like he’s crazy.

“Your loss,” He picked up my burger and shoved it all in his mouth before starting on my fries.

After gulping down the rest of my pop he threw everything in the trash can before grabbing hold of my hand and pulling me out of the place.

We got back into his car and I grabbed his hand before he could start.

“Thanks Arthur, this is the most fun I’ve had, well I don’t think I’ve ever had this much fun.”

“Oh, if you think this is fun, this is nothing then.”

“It’s not nothing Arthur. I’ve spent my life alone with a family who doesn’t want me. So a day where I’m not feeling sad or hurt is the best day for me.”

“Well I’m glad I could be there for you on your best day.” He grinned at me while starting the car.

On the ride back we chatted like we were lifelong friends. I didn’t realize friendship could really be like this. I’ve always heard of this through movies and books but to truly have a friend, there’s no way to describe how amazing it is.

I never thought I’d have a friend like this.

I’ve had Lulu and Sal but they were more like family.

When we reached my house Arthur stated he had to ‘piss’ so when the door was opened he bolted into the house.

I chuckled at this. I don’t think Arthur knows where the bathroom is.

“Betty!” I heard an impatient Arthur shout from across the house, “Where the hell is your bathroom?!?”

“It’s the hall on the right from the kitchen, then 2 doors on your left.” I shout while walking towards the kitchen. I heard a few doors slam before silence. I’m guessing he found the washroom.

A few minutes later a very pleased Arthur emerges from the hallway before plopping himself down onto the stool and looking at me.

“You okay there?” I ask while pulling out a frozen pizza from the freezer.

“I feel so much better.” He said emphasizing the so.

I laughed at him before placing the pizza in the oven.

I turn back to ask Arthur a question but he was not there. However I did hear the television in the other room.

I walk into the living room and see Arthur spread out on the couch, hands behind his head while watching some type of action movie.

Arthur looked up at me when I entered the room.

“Betty!” He shouted while raising his arms trying to grab me.

“Woah there. I’m guessing you are staying for dinner tonight?” I asked trying to avoid his arms.

“You guessed right.” He gave me a childish grin. I laughed at his childish antics and returned to the kitchen to prepare the rest of our meal. I grabbed a bag of chips and poured half the bag into a bowl. I then went to the fridge and pulled out two cans of coke.

Soon I heard the ding of the oven and it was like a stampede was in my house.

I turned to go to the oven when I was slammed into and fell to the ground. I groaned as I opened my eyes and saw Arthur above me in just the same amount of agony.

“Arthur, you’re squishing me.” I choked out unable to breathe.

He opened his eyes more and he seemed almost in a daze.

His eyes searched my face for a few moments before his gaze fixated on my own.

My breath got caught in my throat.

I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out so I snapped it shut.

Arthur’s gaze softened as he looks down towards my lips then back up at my eyes.

He started to lean in but the smoke alarm startled us both. We instantly got up, me going to the oven to take out the pizza while Arthur got up on a chair to shut off the smoke alarm.

The pizza was only a little burnt so it was still edible so I cut it up into slices while Arthur stood on the other side of the counter sipping his drink. I placed some pizza onto two plates and handed one to Arthur.

We brought everything into the living room and ate in an awkward silence.

About an hour later I brought the dirty dishes into the kitchen and placed them into the dishwasher.

I glanced at the time and noticed it was getting late.

Walking back into the living room I noticed Arthur was asleep on the couch. I shook my head and let out a small laugh.

I draped a blanket over Arthur and shut off the television.

There was no point waking him up now, so he might as well stay the night. I left the front hall light on incase Arthur woke up in the middle of the night.

I wandered into my room and quickly changed into my pajamas.

Even as sleep was starting to come I couldn’t stop thinking about what happened in the kitchen.

Was Arthur going to kiss me?

Would I have let him kiss me?
♠ ♠ ♠
So Sorry about the delay!
I've been swamped with things.
So heres chapter 13, and there wont be a chapter 14 until i get 3 comments or more!
Yes I'm greedy and stubborn xD
Hope you enjoy my story!