Status: Active

An ordinary life? I don't think so

Chapter Nineteen

Throughout dinner Arthur was smiling like a fool at me causing Jasper and his from Oliver, the other boy, to giggle and make fun of him which caused Mrs. Halpert, Arthur’s Mother who insists that I call her Ma also, to scold her son and tell him to behave.

This all happened while I enjoyed the first family meal since I was little.

When we were almost finished eating an older man came into the kitchen, still in his winter coat and boots, and gave ‘Ma’ a kiss. I’m just going to assume this is Mr. Halpert.

“Hey boys,” Mr. Halpert said while messing with Jasper’s hair causing the child to squeal in laughter, “Now Oliver doesn’t your mother miss you?”

“No sir, Momma is working late all this week so I get to stay over.” Oliver smiled.

“Sorry I missed dinner Jules, got stuck in traffic again.” He said while taking off his coat and pulling out an extra plate to get his meal.

This is when he finally noticed me.

“Why, who is this young lady we have here?” He smiled and winked over at Arthur.

“Dad, this is Betty.” Arthur smiled while grabbing my hand. I’m glad he was not referring to me as his tutor, that kind of made things awkward.

“Well welcome to our humble home Betty. My boy better not have tried anything on you.” He turned his attention to Arthur with a look.

“Dad. . .” Arthur groaned with his hands in his face, obviously embarrassed.

“I’m just saying I know how teenage boys are. I was once one you know. Sometimes we have urges-“

“That’s it we are going to my room.” Arthur cut off his father and grabbed my hand and pulled me downstairs. We could hear his parent’s chuckle at Arthur’s embarrassment.

“I’m sorry about my dad, he can get pretty embarrassing.” Arthur said taking a seat on his bed.

“It seems like you were more embarrassed then I was.” I giggled at him.

“Now that just hurt Betty-boop.” He stuck his bottom lip out in a pout. I rolled my eyes at his name for me.

“I’m sorry. Is that better?”

“Nope,” He said popping the ‘p’ while doing so. “I think you owe me a kiss.” He grinned at me.

I hesitantly moved over to him and pecked him quickly on the lips before blushing madly.

“See all better.” Arthur said while pulling me into his arms.

We laid like that, my back on his chest with his arms around me protectively, while we watched some television.

He had put on some action movie, the title which I didn’t quite catch. It had gotten dark out since it was probably around nine o’clock.

I was fine with our position until I felt Arthur’s hand creep under my shirt to rest of my bare stomach. I instantly sat up and moved to lean against the wall.

“What was that?”

“Sorry Betty! I swear I didn’t know what came over me.” Arthur said beginning to panic.

We sat in awkward silence before I finally spoke.

“I better get going home.” I said and got off of the bed.

“No! It’s too dark out. You can spend the night, if that’s alright?” He asked.

I nodded my head and smiled, out previous awkwardness disappearing.

He got up and walked over to his dresser, pulling out a shirt and some shorts before handing them to me.

“The washroom is just down the hall from the kitchen.”

I nodded before heading upstairs to find the washroom so that I could change and do my business.

As I was exiting the washroom I had to hold onto the shorts to keep them from falling down. They were a few sizes too big and the shirt was more of a dress.

As I was walking down the hallway towards Arthur’s room Jasper and Oliver came running into the hallway, accidently bumping into me causing my clothes to fall out of my hand. As I went to get him I heard someone clear their throat.

I looked up and saw Mr. Halpert standing there with a questioning look on his face.

“Ar-Arthur leant me so-some of his clothes.” I stuttered out.

“Well that’s fine and dandy as long as those shorts don’t keep falling down.” My eyes widened and I looked down to see that they were indeed at my feet.

I let out a shriek and quickly pulled them up while grabbing onto my clothes as well and hurried past Mr. Halpert and down to Arthur’s room.

“Have a good night Betty.” I heard him say from down the hall.

I was to get down the stairs rather quickly but ended up tripping on my feet and smacking into Arthur’s chest.

He held onto me so that I would not fall.

“Are you okay Betty? I heard you scream.” Arthur asked while holding onto me protectively, again.

I nodded, “Y-yea. I just ran into your father and um. . the shorts fell down and yea.” I said really fast.

“Shit! Sorry! I forgot you would need a smaller size.”

“It’s okay really. I’m going to be sleeping anyway.” I said walking over to bed but soon stopping.

“Arthur, where am I sleeping?” I asked not wanting to get all cozy on the bed and then having to move.

“Right here,” He said while walking over to the bed and patting it.

“I don’t want to kick you out of your bed.” I said sitting down.

“We could share, that’s if you don’t mind?” He asked unsure.

“Okay, I trust you. If not I’ll scream so loud you’ll go deaf.” I joked.

“Yea yea not get into bed Betty-Boop. We have school tomorrow.” Arthur said while I got into the bed first, him right behind me.

I had almost fallen asleep when I felt Arthur’s arm wrap around my waist pulling my back to his chest.

“Arthur?” I whispered incase he was awake.

“Yea?” He responded groggily.

“What are we?”

“What do you mean?” He asked more awake now.

“Well, I know I’m your tutor but after today with us kissing and stuff. .” I trailed off hoping he caught onto what I meant.

“Oh.” Was all he said.

I thought he may have fallen back to sleep so I turned to face and saw that he was wide awake.

“I’m sorry I even said anything.” I mumbled embarrassed.

“Don’t be. I wanted to ask you something but I was afraid you would say no.”

“What did you want to ask?” I said while leaning on the pillow.

Arthur took a deep breath before looking me in the eyes.

“Betty will you be my girlfriend?”

My mouth opened wide in shock. Girlfriend? He wanted me to be his girlfriend.

Arthur started to get up thinking that my silence meant an obvious no.

I quickly pulled his arm so he laid back down.

Then I pulled a bold move and crashed my lips onto his.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh My God!
Told you this chapter would be awesome!

So do you think the drama stops there?
Well you are wrong!
This is just a sweet chapter but remember, the next few chapters will get pretty awesome

Please let me know your thoughts on this story.
(: