Status: Active

An ordinary life? I don't think so

Chapter Twenty Two

It was chillier out than earlier. The cold air nipped at my face and neck so I wrapped my scarf around more securely.

Surprisingly the streets were fairly empty considering Christmas was just around the corner. It wasn’t just the lack of people and cars, a lot of the shops seemed to be closed as well.

I guess they didn’t feel the need to stay open later during the holidays.
It wasn’t until I passed the bus station, which I decided against using since only weirdoes would be using it tonight, that I felt uncomfortable like someone was watching me however I simply shrugged it off as the weather.

When I finally made it to the Diner the feeling of being watched was more intense. I took a look behind me and didn’t see anyone. I instantly felt scared. No matter what, you always expect to see someone else out no matter what time. Seeing no one out just made me feel like something was wrong.

Still looking around I tried for the door but found it locked. I turned to look inside and the lights were off.

I had thought Sal and Lulu would still be here another day. I could see the faint light of the backroom on.

Odd.

Usually if they were gone all the lights would be shut off. Maybe they were still there but just shut down for the night.

I walked around back and found the back door open. So I was right.

Walking inside I noticed how eerily silent it was.

“Lulu? Sal?” I called out. After getting no response I walked towards Sal’s office.

Sal’s desk still had papers on it, including my pay check which should have been mailed today.

I grabbed it and placed it in my pocket before turning off the lights.

Maybe they just forgot?

I hoped so.

I also found a key on the desk.

Thinking nothing of these coincidences I grabbed the key to lock up the back door. I didn’t want anything stolen while Sal and Lulu were on holidays. That would be awful.

After reaching the sidewalk again I accidently walked into someone causing me to tumble over.

“Oh sorry! I wasn’t watching where I was walking.” I quickly apologized while getting up and helping whoever I knocked over as well up.

I then realized it was Zack.

“Oh Zack! I’m sorry, didn’t see you there.” I said with a smile, already forgetting how strangely he acted earlier.

He gave me a smile, not a comforting one either, more like he knew something I didn’t.

“It’s alright Betty.” He said calmly while still holding onto my hands.

I tried tugging on them but he had a firm grip.

“Zack?” I said a bit worried, “You can let go now.”

He looked down at our hands and nodded, finally letting go.

“So,” I started breaking our awkward silence, “I best be getting back to Arthur’s place.” I smiled up at Zack side stepping him but was stopped by his hand catching my arm.

“Oh? Arthur’s?” He asked confused.

“Ya, I’m sort of spending more time there. He is my boyfriend after all.”

His expression changed for a brief second.

Anger was it?

As fast as I saw it, it disappeared.

“Well how about I walk with you?” He offered, “Since it’s too dangerous for a beautiful girl such as you to be out here alone.”

I blushed at his words and nodded.

After we had been walking for awhile, Zack grabbed my hand. I looked up at him confused at his actions.

“It’s so we don’t get lost.” He teased lightly. I shrugged my shoulders, it’s just hand holding.

We we’re roughly a few houses down from Arthur’s house when Zack let go of my hand and wrapped his arm around my waist.

“Zack!” I said startled and jumped away from his touch, “You can’t do that, holding hands is fine but that’s taking it too far.” I said stepping away from him.

“Shit, sorry.” He mumbled a few words after I couldn’t quite hear.

“It’s okay, just don’t do that again.” He nodded at my words. “I’m with Arthur okay.” I stated not sure if he really understood that.

His eyes squinted as if he were angry.

“So if you weren’t with him I could do that?” He asked looking at me.

His stare was becoming a bit uncomfortable for me to handle, “Um, even if I wasn’t I probably wouldn’t like it either.”

He took a step closer, “Why not?”

I took a step back, “I just don’t think of us that way.”

“Why not?” He questioned. He was really beginning to freak me out.

“I do.. don’t k..know.” I stuttered out I turned and started walking towards Arthur’s house .

He grabbed my arm again to pull me closer, “You must know the reason Betty.” He smirked at me and crashed his lips onto mine.

I screamed and tried to push him off.

“What the hell!” I said when I finally got out of his death grip.

“Don’t deny what you felt there Betty.” Zack shouted back.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about!” I shrieked, probably catching the attention of a few neighbors.

“There’s always been this connection between us Betty.” He said softly trying to grab me again.

My eyes widened in shock.

“No! Just a month ago you were harassing me daily!”

“Maybe, but maybe it was to get your attention.” He gave me a creepy smile.

“You’re crazy Zack, Arthur was right.” I said more to myself then to him.

“Crazy? You think I’m crazy now?” He let out a laugh, “You don’t even know how crazy I can get girl.” He smiled at me before pulling out a cloth from his pocket.

I took a few steps backwards, “I think you should go home now Zack.” I told him, I was getting frightened.

He shook his head and chuckled. “Okay I’ll go, but you have to go with me.” He said before lunging at me and placing the wet cloth over my mouth and nose.

Then it went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally posted!
How do you like this story?
Shall I continue?

Also!
You can check out my other stories by clicking
HERE &
HERE