Status: Active

An ordinary life? I don't think so

Chapter Twenty Three

“Betty, time to wake up.” Someone cooed in my ear.

I groaned as I felt my head throbbing and I tried to bring my hands up to rub my temples but they were stuck. I tried to move them again but I could feel they were tied together. My feet on the other hand were not.

Why would they be tied up in the first place?

I heard someone chuckle as I opened my eyes.

Even though the lighting was dim, I could still tell that Zack was kneeling beside me.

Where was I?

“Zack? Where am I?” I croaked. My throat and mouth were very dry.

Zack only smiled and tucked some hair behind my ear.

“You are in my house.” He simply stated.

His house? Why on earth would I be in his house?

I remember walking home with him, then he started getting strange and covered my mouth with something before it went black.

Oh my God!

He kidnapped me!

I tried to scoot away from him but he quickly grabbed onto my arm roughly, forcing me back where I was.

My eyes shoot to his face in horror and shock. He grinned wider; he knew I just realized

where I was.

“Zack, I swear if you let me go I won’t say a word about this.”

He brought up his finger and shook it sideways, “I don’t think so. You’ve been missing for a few days now. It would be too suspicious if you were to just randomly turn up.”

Tears were beginning to form in my eyes when I realized that I had been missing for a couple of days, “Please.” I said very quietly, afraid that I spoke too loud I would burst out in tears.

“No can do Betty. You’re stuck with me now.” He kissed my forehead before walking across the room and through the door.

I finally let a few tears slide down my cheek.

I’ve been kidnapped.

A million questions ran through my mind. Why did Zack kidnap me? What was he going to do with me? Would I ever see my family and friends again? Would I ever see Arthur again? Was I going to die?

I gulped at that last one.

The more time I sat there and thought about it, the more I got upset and angry I got.

Why did I deserve this?

I wasn’t a bitch, I did what I was told, and I was a regular teenager.

I didn’t get why I was being punished.

The door creaked open and I quickly pulled my hands up to cover my face. I didn’t want to face Zack.

“We meet again.” Another voice chuckled from the doorway.

This was not Zack.

I moved my hands out of the way and I screamed.

The guy who has tried twice to rape me was standing there holding a tray. This made absolutely no sense.

If I didn’t know better I would say this was some made up story.

“Shut up bitch.” He said not amused and stomped towards me and placed the tray down beside me.

I looked over and saw there were some cereal, bread and water on it.

They were feeding me, so I wasn’t going to die, yet.

“Don’t you have something to say?” The man spat while kneeling down.

I lowered my eyes once again to the food, “Thank you.” I said timidly.

“That’s a good girl.” He ruffled my hair and quickly left.

I stared down at the food, not sure how I was going to eat considering my hands were tied up.

After a bit of struggle I was able to pick up the spoon and eat the cereal and I was able to eat
the bread however I spilt the water from attempting to pick it up.

I moved over so I would not have to sit in the water puddle and I tried to keep warm. I was thankful I still had my sweater and pants on from the day I was kidnapped however they took my shoes; at least they did not try anything.

I hope.

While trying to sleep I looked around at my surroundings. There were no windows, and only a single dimly lit light that hung from the ceiling. The walls were covered in dark purple paint and the floor was a cheap hardwood.

It looks like an old bedroom.

When my eyes drifted close and I was at the stage right before sleep, the door swung open and hit the wall with force.

Why couldn’t I be left alone?

“What did you do?” Zack asked.

I looked over at him and saw that he was pointing to the water on the floor.

“I tried to pick it up but I couldn’t because my hands were tied.” I said scared that at any moment Zack would freak out on me.

He nodded and walked closer to me. I didn’t try to move this time knowing it would only piss off Zack even more.

He pulled me up my forearms and dragged me towards the door. I stumbled a few times from my legs being all cramped up from sitting all day long.

Zack noticed this and picked me up causing me to squeal. I had to admit though; it was easier than walking with cramped sore legs.

Zack carried me down a hallway then sharply turning right, causing my head to smack off the corner of the doorframe.

I let out a groan at impact and attempted to hold my head but it was difficult.

“Sorry,” Zack said, I could tell he didn’t mean the apology.

He placed me down on a couch before moving to sit across from me on a recliner.

I eyed the doorway since it was my only way of escaping but it was quickly blocked by the man who attempted to rape me.

I cringed and moved my attention back towards Zack.

“So Betty,” Zack started, “You must be wondering why exactly you are here.”

I only nodded in response.

“Well brother, who should tell her?” He looked towards the man in the doorway with a smirk.

Brother!?
♠ ♠ ♠
So...
theyre brothers!? I know you weren't expecting that xD
Don't worry, you will find out in the next chapter why they kidnapped her.

Please comment&subscribe&check out my other stories
What Lies Beneath The Surface
Alone In This World