Status: Active

An ordinary life? I don't think so

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX

My eyes went wide as I looked at a very confused Anthony.

“I just got my girl over for the night/ You got a problem buddy?” James shot me a quick glance basically saying keep your mouth shut and you won’t get hurt.

Didn’t James realize Anthony knew who I was?

Or maybe he had a little bit too much to drink today.

“Oh…?” I gave Anthony a look saying ‘James is lying and that you better help me get out of here.’ “Well, I’ll just give you this for now and pay ya later okay dude? I understand that you’re busy.” Anthony nodded in my direction.

“Okay, just don’t let this happen again.” James grumbled in a hoarse voice.

Anthony gave me one last look before the door was shut, the look in his eyes gave me reassurance that he was going to get me out of here.

Hopefully that would be soon.

>>>>>>

James had left a little over an hour ago, just telling me to stay in here until either he or Zack comes to get me.

Thankfully there was an attached bathroom.

After sitting on the bed for a few hours I began to wonder if I would be rescued. Anthony did see me so he would tell someone right?

I started to play with the bed sheet with my fingers until I realized whose bed this belonged too.

“Ew!”

I wiped my hands on my legs and shuttered at the thought that those bed sheets were not washed. I looked the bed over from afar and did not notice any stains or smell anything funky like that but I was not going to take any chances.

I began to pace the room looking at the random things on the shelves.

After looking at a shelf something shiny caught my attention. I looked closely at it and saw that it was a small carving knife.

Why am I even surprised?

I picked it up and expected it further, after noticing that it could close shut I placed it inside my pocket just in case I would need it.

Hopefully I wouldn’t need to use it.

After looking at some other odd things in James room I finally noticed a window.

Why had I not seen this earlier?

I quickly went to it and tried to open it but noticed that it was nailed shut. I groaned in annoyance before sitting on the floor beneath it, leaning against the wall.

I closed my eyes deciding I should sleep while I was alone in here.

>>>>

“Betty! Get up!” Zack harshly said while waking me from my nap.

To be honest I was quite comfy leaning against that wall.

Zack pulled my arm up and quickly dragged me out of the room and down the stairs. It was then I heard the sound of police sirens approaching.

He pulled the front door open only to shut it quickly after seeing a police cruiser outside. He locked the door with the several locks that were there.

“Shit.” Zack mumbled to himself with some other words I could not quite hear.

“What’s going on?” James asked after coming in from the kitchen.

“The police are here! They know we have Betty!” Zack shouted as if I was not there.

James’ eyes went wide before looking at the two of us and running in the opposite direction.

After hearing a door slam I assumed he was running from the cops.

“Asshole.” Zack let go of me and walked into the coat closet by the stairs.

I heard pounding on the front door; I turned to go open it knowing it was the cops but before I could I heard an odd click sound.

“Don’t move.”

I turned back to face Zack and whimpered in fear.

Zack held a gun pointed at me. I could see the fear in his eyes of being caught by the police.

He was panicking and risking my life at the same time.

“Get over here.” He pointed again with his gun.

I quickly went over to Zack, not wanting to make him actually shoot me. When I got within arm’s length he wrapped his arm tight around my waist, pinning my arms to my sides.

Suddenly the front door was kicked opened and a few police men came into the front foyer.

“Let the girl go.” The one officer said pointing his gun at Zack.

“How about you get out of my house and stay out of my business!” Zack said getting angrier with every word.

I could see Zack moving his gun to point at me.

“Just let her go and we can discuss this outside.” Another officer said in a strangely calm voice. I guess they were trying to get rid of the tension in the air.

I doubt speaking calm to the psycho holding me hostage will do any help.

“Don’t tell me what to do!” Zack shouted before pointing the gun at my temple.

I shifted a bit trying to get out but Zack held on tighter.

It was then I felt a strange bulge in my pocket.

The knife!

I used my fingertips to go in my pocket and pulled out the knife quickly and stabbing Zack’s upper thigh.

“Fuck!” He shouted before loosening his grip on me.

I quickly ducked under his arm a few seconds before he fired his gun, missing me completely but hitting a picture on the wall instead.

The officers jumped at Zack tackling him to the ground as I stood there checking to make sure that I was okay.

“We got him!” I saw an officer speak into a walkie-talkie.

Zack was cuffed before taken out of the house kicking and swearing.

“Miss, are you alright?” I was asked once I exited the house.

There were several police cruisers, an ambulance and a fire truck surrounding the property.

They had the house blocked off but that didn’t stop people from surrounding the area. I could only assume there were more officers in the back, probably searching for James as well.

I felt uncomfortable, even violated from everyone staring at me like I was some sideshow attraction.

I felt tears well up in my eyes as I continued looking amongst the many faces until I found one that stood out from the rest.

Arthur.

I saw him jump the barrier and run towards me before being stopped by an officer who was obviously telling him to stay back.

“Miss?” I was asked again while they tugged on my arm.

I got my arm free before I ran towards Arthur and even pushed the officer back.

I immediately clung onto him before sobbing into his shirt.

“Betty, thank fucking god your alright.” I could tell he was crying to as he held me.

“We need to take you into the hospital to make sure your alright Miss?” I nodded but clung onto Arthur more.

Arthur picked me up bridal style before walking over to the ambulance.

I continued to sob until I blacked out from exhaustion.
♠ ♠ ♠
SHES SAVED!
Finally! I had to add the part with Arthur as well. It would be very evil of me not to include that. (:
Oh don't worry!
The drama is not over yet
;D Just you wait!

Please comment&subscribe&check out my other stories
What Lies Beneath The Surface
Alone In This World