Status: Active

An ordinary life? I don't think so

Chapter Twenty Seven

The next week was far from normal still.

After getting done at the hospital, where they ran multiple tests and checked for injuries. I went back to Arthur’s house since the police believed I shouldn’t be alone during this fragile time.

At first I was stunned and hardly spoke because it was then I realized what could have happened. I don’t even want to get into detail at what could have happened.

Arthur stayed by my side throughout the day and when I refused to go eat he would bring me some food which was thoughtful of him considering I was not the easiest person to deal with.

A few days after being back at Arthur’s, the police came had stopped by to inform us personally that a court date has been said for the trial, thankfully it was a week after New Years, so we could deal with all of this before we had to return to school. The police had also mentioned that Zack is currently being held at the local jail, since his parent’s whereabouts were unknown and Jake had been caught not too far from the property, however he is claiming he had no clue as to what was happening.

Bullshit.

The only thing the police could do was hold him in custody until the trail date, since he had been in possession of drugs at the time.

Anthony had also stopped by the day after I was at Arthurs and he came to tell me that he was indeed the one who called the cops. I had given him so many hugs that Arthur was getting jealous beyond belief. Even though I had told Anthony if he ever needed money or anything he could ask me, but he refused since he said that him helping me was an apology because of how he had treated me over the years. He had felt extremely bad apparently when he would bully me along side Zack and Arthur but didn’t want to lose the close friendship he had.

At that point I didn’t give a crap about him bullying me, because he had saved me in the end and that’s what all that matters to me.

When I finally had the courage to go out in public again, I noticed the date and was shocked to see that it was Christmas Eve.

Shocking.

Last thing I remembered I still had a week and a half left to buy gifts for everyone.

Arthur’s mom had insisted I stay over during the holidays which I was so thankful for. Arthur reassured me that he would have spent the holidays with me even if I wasn’t allowed over at his house.

Awh.

I had wanted to buy Arthur some video games he mentioned awhile ago that he really wanted but since it was the day before Christmas, my luck was slim to none.

So while Arthur was at work, getting in some holiday bonus hours I went to the mall in search of some Christmas gifts.

I was highly disappointed at the lack of good Christmas gifts at the mall, but what could I expect since I am shopping at the worst possible time.

So after looking at things for a good two hours, I headed to my house and decided that maybe I could find something in my room.

Over the years I had accumulated gifts from family that it got to a point where I wouldn’t even open the box it came in!

I went into my storage closet and began rummaging through the boxes.

I smiled to myself after finding some new kitchen items mixed into my closet.

I finally found everything I needed after a half hour and had everything wrapped pretty quickly.

Thankfully I found a wagon in the back shed, and after securing everything I headed back to Arthur’s.

I saw his car parked in the driveway when I was a few houses away and before I knew it I was tackled to the ground.

“Get off!” Panic struck and I began screaming and fighting whoever had me.

My worst fear would be that it was Zack or Jake.

“It’s only me.” A calming voice told me.

I opened my eyes to see Arthur looking right back at me before he started kissing my face.

“I was so worried,” he choked out.

Now it was my turn to calm him down. “It’s okay Arthur, I just went out to get some things.”

Arthur pulled me up and into his arms instantaneously.

“If you needed something you could have asked me,”

I let out a laugh, “It’s kind of hard to ask you to get your own Christmas gift.”

He looked at me before bringing his hand up to my cheek, “The only gift I need from you is to be here with me.” He gently pecked my lips causing me to blush.

“Well, I still wanted to get you something.” I managed to mumble out.

“How about we go inside before we freeze out here?”

I finally realized how cold it actually was out here. I looked around and saw that it had begun to snow as well.

It looked like something out of a story book.

It was beautiful.

I turned back to Arthur and grabbed his hand while he grabbed onto the wagon handle and we helped me get everything inside.

>>>>>

After placing everything under Arthur’s family Christmas tree, Arthur brought down some sandwiches for us to eat so we could have a meal in bed.

After eating we curled up under Arthur’s covers while watching one of the many Christmas movies that were playing.

We had decided on How the Grinch Stole Christmas which was one of my personal favorites.

Arthur wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled my flush against his side.

I sighed in content before turning to wrap my arm around his stomach and nuzzle my head into his neck.

“I missed this,” I admitted.

“I missed you,” He kissed the top of my head causing me to smile.

As I was drifting to sleep, I let all my troubles fade to the background so I could deal with them later, but I was wrong to do so.
♠ ♠ ♠
FINALLY..
Kinda a cliffhanger in the end,
just to let ya know the drama isn't over yet!

Please comment&subscribe&check out my other stories
What Lies Beneath The Surface
Alone In This World