Status: Active

An ordinary life? I don't think so

Chapter Five

I got to class on time without encountering Zack anymore.

Math class today seemed to drag on forever. I was more zoned out. I still managed to take down the day’s lesson and homework. Thankfully this time I finished in class so I would not have to work on it at lunch and have my work once again stolen from me.

The bell rang which brought me back to reality and I gathered my things. As I made my way up to the front of the class but Mr. Williams called me to his desk before I could leave the class.

“So Betty, as you probably know, you are the top student in this class,” I nodded as he finished, “So I was wondering if you were able to tutor some of the students who need extra help? Since this is a mandatory credit and I would hate to see someone fail.”

“Sure Mr. Williams, I don’t mind helping.” I shift my backpack on my other shoulder. “So who would I be tutoring if you don’t mind me asking?”

“Well I believe you’re quite acquainted with this boy already. You will be tutoring Arthur Halpert.”
My stomach literally dropped. Arthur! Oh god. “Don’t worry; since you will be tutoring him you shall get extra credit and this will be considered your end of the year project.”

Wow that was a good offer. Besides its Arthur, the best one out the group of jerks.
“Okay I’ll tutor him.”

“That’s great, if you ever need any help you know you can come to me at any time. Now I suggest you meet up with Arthur during lunch or after school. At least spend a few days a week helping him for now and I will let you know when you may stop tutoring him unless you wish to help him for the rest of the semester, it’s up to you really.”

“Okay, well I better get going. I’ll talk to Arthur later.” I waved to Mr. Williams before leaving the class.

The rest of the day went by quickly, too quickly for my liking because I knew I would have to talk to Arthur in my last period class and soon enough it was last period which was music. I enjoyed music but I hated this teacher, she had it against me or something because she would always criticize me. I played the flute since grade nine because I had no choice in which instrument I played, Arthur on the other hand played tenor saxophone. Class went by quickly and knew that I had to tell Arthur soon.

I sighed and went to the back room to clean out my flute for the day. Unfortunately Arthur was in there.

He looked up at me when I walked in and gave me a smile.

I grabbed a paper towel and the cleaner and begun cleaning the mouth piece.

“So Arthur, um Mr. Williams wanted me to uh- help you with your math. So he said I should tutor you.” I said with my head down not wanting to look at him.

“Okay, so do you want to help me after school? We could go to the library for a few hours if you want.”

“Sure, you can meet me in there when you finish up.” He nodded and smiled at me which made me smile in return. I had to admit he had a cute smile. I got rid of that thought as I went to put away my flute and grab my things.

The library was pretty empty as usual. Usually when the school bell rings everyone will try to get as fast as they could out of this hell hole.

I found a table by the window and rested my head on my hand as I looked out. I saw parents picking up their children, friends walking, and couples holding hands. I wish I could have that. Some people don’t know how lucky they truly are to have someone love them. I let out a laugh so I would not cry. As I was wiping my eyes with my sleeve the sound of a chair squeaking made me jump.

“Sorry I startled you; I thought you heard me coming.” Arthur chuckled as he pulled out his books.

“I was just thinking that’s all.” I opened my books to today’s homework and pulled out my answers for reference. “Let’s get to work then.”

After two hours of me telling Arthur not to through his book out the window to see how far it could get and spending only twenty minutes on actually working the librarian told us that the library was closing for the night.

We both packed our things and left. To be honest I had fun. This was the longest I’ve had a conversation with that was not a relative. My face also seemed to hurt since I smiled and laughed quite a lot.

When we got outside the sun was starting to set. Since the both of us lived in the same direction we walked together. When we got to his street he turned towards me.

“Thanks for helping me Betty. I really appreciate it.” He gave me a smile before he crossed the road. “See you tomorrow!” He shouted as he walked down his street.

I smiled to myself and continued the walk home. I was hoping I did see him tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Five is here!
i know its a bit boring but the next chapters will be more interesting (:
i hope you like my story so far xD