Status: Active

An ordinary life? I don't think so

Chapter Nine

I was surprised to see Arthur waiting outside at nine. Even though he had told me he was picking me up I just never trusted people so easily. That can easily be explained since I have been told so many things from my parents growing up that when anyone tells me they will do something for me I don’t think they actually will.

I exited the diner waving to Lulu and hearing her shout I have the weekend off to enjoy myself. Knowing me though, by tomorrow afternoon I will be so bored that I will end up wanting to work and begging Lulu for weekend shifts.

Arthur was sitting in his car not noticing me approach the vehicle. I wrapped my sweater more around my body as the bitter cold wind was swirling around me. I slightly knocked on the window wondering if he was still taking me home.

Arthur turned to face me quickly after the second knock and unlocked the door for me. I opened it looking inside a bit before looking at him.

“Get in, it’s cold out there.” He said when he noticed I had not moved. I nodded
and climbed in, slamming the door behind me.

I buckled in my seat belt and pulled my knees up to my chest. I was freezing cold, and wearing my diner outfit did not help one bit.

We were half way to my house and still neither of us spoke. It was a very awkward silence. I still couldn’t understand why on earth Arthur was offering me a ride home and being so nice to me. Is this some kind of sick prank where he drops me off in the middle of nowhere and I end up dead on the side of the road? I so hope not. I know I’m not the happiest person but that didn’t mean that I didn’t want to live. Right?

“Betty?” Arthur’s voice brought me back to reality.

“Yea?” I replied back quietly and muffled since my face chin was resting on my knees.

“I was trying to get your attention for awhile now.” He turned to look at me before looking back at the road.

“Oh.” I again said quietly.

“I was wondering if we could meet up at your house or mine to do some more tutoring. That’s if you’re not busy.”

“Okay.”

We finally pulled up to my drive way where I unbuckled my seat belt and grabbed my bag.

“How about I come over at three since I work in the morning? I’ll bring some food too.” He said smiling.

I nodded and got out of the car and saying a thank you for the ride home.

I shut the car door and walked up the path way to the front door. It wasn’t until I was inside and shut the door before I heard his car leave the drive way.
Odd.

The next morning I did something I have not done in years. I slept it. Not that amazing right? But however when your me your up by nine on weekends and doing housework and after years and years of doing that same routine it became a habit. An odd habit for a girl my age right.

Well after looking at my clock and seeing it was 1:00 pm I decided I should take a shower and clean up the kitchen because knowing my parents they left dinner on the table from days ago.

After having my relaxing shower I pulled my hair back in a small ponytail (due to the fact my hair is short) and I headed down stairs in my pajamas which today consisted of short shorts and a spaghetti strap shirt.

I passed by the living room to put the fireplace on to heat up the place. It was starting to get really cold. I could see it snowing in the next couple days which means more chores to do.
That sucks right. I started the dishes then called up the pizza place. I’m too lazy and cozy to go out.

I couldn’t help but forget I had to do something today.

Laundry? Nope that’s Tuesdays.

Groceries? Nope I just ordered pizza.

What was I forgetting?

The sound of the doorbell ringing caught my attention. I glanced over at the clock and saw that it was almost three. I just called the pizza place five minutes ago. If that is seriously them they deserve a huge tip.

I walked down the hallway and picked up my wallet as I got to the front door.

I opened the door while looking down at my wallet.

“Fifteen plus tip right?” I asked while pulling out a twenty.

“Wow I didn’t think you enjoyed my company that much Betty. Paying me to stay late? Maybe some extra tutoring in other areas?”

That voice made me look up and I jumped back in surprise. Arthur stood in front of me
leaning on the door frame. He had a smirk on his face and had he raised his eyebrow in a suggesting manner.

“Um I thought you were the um pizza guy.” I mumble embarrassed from what he said.

“I’m just fooling with ya Betty. However the way you’re dressed other guys would not be fooling.” I looked down and released that I should have changed.

Now I remembered, at a very inconvenient and embarrassing time. I mumbled a “I’m going to change” then ran upstairs to put something better on. I grabbed an Avenged Sevenfold tee and pair of black shorts and walked downstairs just in time to hear the doorbell ring once again.

Before I could make it to the door Arthur had already answered and was having a conversation with whoever it was. I grabbed my wallet knowing that this time it probably was the pizza guy.

Arthur opens the door wide enough so I can see who he is talking to.

I see Anthony once again holding my pizzas.

“Fifteen plus tip right?” I ask quickly.

“From what Arthur says if you answered the door before you changed that would have been enough of a tip.” Anthony said and winked at me. I couldn’t help the blush that crept onto my face.

I hand Anthony the twenty and was about to grab the pizzas but Arthur took them instead.

“Talk to ya later Anthony.” Arthur shut the door with his foot and headed towards the kitchen but after ending up in the den he turned around looking at me in desperation. I pointed towards the other way and he started walking the right way to the kitchen.

What a day this will be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Nine!
I has little few comments D:
if i get more comments I will post chapters sooner :D
Im wondering if this story is any good
let me know :D