Status: Active

And I'm Paralyzed

A Mother Always Knows

Mikey:

My eyes widened, and Gerard's head swiveled to stare at the person standing there, watching us. I felt Gee relax slightly, and I raised my own eyes to look into two I knew very well. I sighed heavily.

“Jesus, Frankie, you gave Ger a heart attack.” I mumbled to my best friend, reaching out to stroke Gerard's hair. He didn't take his eyes off Frank, but looked considerably more relaxed.

Frank smirked, “Well I told you I wanted to see some action, I just imagine what would have happened if I had been your mother. I wish I had walked in with Gerard straddling you and both of you naked. Much sexier, I think.” He walked calmly into the room and sat in one of the two creaky hospital chairs that were next to my bed.

In the mean time, Gerard buried his face in my neck and started licking me. I shuddered softly, mumbling, “G-get off...we have company... keep it in your pants for five minutes.”

He whimpered, “But Mikeyyyyy....”

I glared at him. Frank, who had watched the exchange, piped up, “Honestly, Mikes, I don't mind at all. In fact, please do continue.”

“No thanks, Frankie. We're in public, and the doctors and nurses all know he's my brother. If anyone sees us, we'll be in deep shit. I'd prefer to leave the touching and/or flirting for later. If my horny brother can keep it to himself.”

Gerard pouted and stood up, walking across the room and sitting down on the cold tile floor in a shadowy corner. What irony. I watched him go, attempting to communicate with my eyes that I loved him and I wasn't rejecting him. He just stuck his tongue out at me. Well, at least I knew he didn't despise me...

~

Gerard:

The doctors told us a few hours later that Mikey was in fact getting better. Our doctor even said if the pneumonia was completely gone with no traces left behind, he could be released early next month. I felt ecstatic.

Frank stayed for a couple hours, but before he left he made us swear to record any sex we were going to have and let him watch it. I really didn't understand why Mikey was friends with this kid. He was obnoxious and punky and always horny, nothing at all like my brother. Actually, he's the kind of kid I'd screw for free. This thought led to many more pertaining to convincing Frank to help me tie Mikey to my bed. Something told me it wouldn't be hard...

At the moment, Mikey was asleep. He looked so peaceful, and apart from being quite pale, he looked almost normal again. I couldn't wait to be out of here. Hell, I was excited to be back in school. The only thing I was really worried about was the fact that my cover was blown with my parents.
I know they noticed my behavior. They didn't walk in on us doing anything yet, but it was only a matter of time. Just as these worries and fears became entangled in my mind, I looked up towards the door to see my very ruffled mother and my passive looking father staring at me.

Dad motioned for me to follow him. I got up, not realizing I was shaking, and following him. I was thankful it would be me getting chewed out and not my innocent little brother. My father instructed that my mother stay in the room with Mikey.

“N-no, Donald, I want to be involved too. He's my son as well you know!” She exclaimed.

My father sighed, “Of course dear. Some then. Gerard, you come too.”

He didn't sound happy.

After turning down several hallways, we got to a family bathroom. Dad held the door open. I supposed that meant I was supposed to go inside.

“Erm, Dad, it says family bathroom, but I don't think that you're supposed to bring your whole fam-”

He glared at me, “Just go in.”

I did as I was told, followed closely by my mother. She looked incredibly nervous, and she and my father exchanged nervous words before she turned to me, “Gerard, honey, we aren't upset with you, we just need some questions answered. Is that okay?”

I opened my mouth only to be cut off by my father.

“Donna!” He roared, “I don't care if its okay with him! I want to know whats going on, and he isn't aloud to detach himself from my family then suddenly become your precious angel again!”

My mother didn't flinch. She stared him down. My dad eventually dropped his gaze and added, “If that's okay with you, honey...”

I almost laughed. Almost.

Then Dad turned to me, “Okay, Gerard. What's wrong with you?”

“Isn't that a little rude? I mean, here I was, assuming I was perfectly fine and then-”

“Answer the question.”

My shaking was more evident now, and I backed up several paces, my back hitting the wall. I slid slowly down it so I was sitting on the floor, “What do you mean, exactly?”

“I mean,” He began, “You suddenly, out of the blue, decide to spend your whole life in the basement. You don't say a word to your mother or I or your little brother for months. You hurt yourself.”

My head snapped up, “How did you kno-”

“You made it obvious. Anyway, then one day you start talking at dinner. Then we hear you talking to your brother. Actually conversing. And suddenly, he ends up in the hospital because his dreams are getting worse, and you become super brother and come out here. You stood between our own son and us. Do you fancy yourself his protector, after a year of utter silence? Are you trying to make up for it? Do you see the way he looks at you, Gerard? He's terrified of you falling back into that pattern. But there's something else there. Something I can't quite identify. Would you have any clue what that is?”

Every muscle in my body is tensed. What is he asking me? Does he know something? What am I supposed to say?!

The thoughts fly around my head faster than I can think them. At the moment, I am petrified. If my dad knows about my feelings for him, he would separate us. And Mikey may not know it, but I can't live without him.

I feel an icy sweat break out on the back of my neck. I glance up to see his probing eyes fixed on me. Mom's watching me to, but with concern. She smiles reassuringly behind my father's back. I don't know what to do. My dad sighs softly.

“Alright son. You think about that and get back to me. I'm going to go see if Michael is awake. Stay here for a while. I'd do you some good to think.” He said, nodding to me and kissing my mother before leaving the bathroom.

I began to pant shallowly, my eyes darting all over the place. Mom walked over to me, holding out a hand to help me up. I stared at her a moment before taking it and pulling myself up. She released my hand but pulled me into a tight hug.

“You know it's okay Gerard. It's nothing you can control.” she whispered.

I stared at her, “Wh-what?”

“Loving Mikey the way you do. I know your confused, and I want you to know its okay.”

I chocked harshly, “Wh-what?!”

She smiled, almost sadly, “Gerard, your father doesn't know. I won't tell him, and I won't separate you two. You're good for Michael and he's good for you. Love is love, sweetheart, its a crazy emotion that doesn't care about who it targets. I know that's why you acted the way you did, all those months ago. It's alright, honey.”

I stared at her. I didn't know whether to scream or tell her how awesome she was. “H-how do you kn-know?”

Mom smiled at me, a knowing smile that promised those lips wouldn't spill my secret, “Oh, Gerard, a mother always knows.”
♠ ♠ ♠
SORRY FOR MY LACK OF UPDATES. Hay, if you really love this story, tell your Waycest-lovin' friends about it! Please? I want me more subscribers, Chikas! Love you all and comments make my day. WHO GUESSED IT WOULD BE FRANKIE? COMMENT. Oh, and like the ironic ending? New chapter ASAP if I get comments :3