Status: finished

Contempt

due

“I’d rather not, thank you.” Evelyn ran a hand over her hair to check for strays, a nervous habit.

“It’s air conditioned. If you want to suffer, suit yourself.” Ian started towards the bus with Nash.

Ryan looked over her, worried, before leaving her with Jamie.

“Okay, spill.”

Her eyes widened as her nostrils flared, “Did you hear the way he talked to me? He’s so proud.” Evelyn’s lip pulled into a sneer.

“You talked to him for a minute, maybe he’s better once you get to know him.” He hushed her before her protests started. “If not, go for the AC, put sweating off until after the doors open.”

“Girls don’t sweat, we glisten.” Jamie chucked at her muttering. “Fine, just give me a second. You know, he reminds me of all the trust fund boys from the club.”

It was Jamie’s turn to sneer as she pulled the pins from her hair. “Evie?”

“If he’s messing with me, I’ll mess with him right back,” she played with her hair, ruffling it with her fingers.

“You’re taking Ian’s challenged a bit too seriously.”

She grabbed her bag, fixing her lipstick in the rearview. “I’m twenty-one, I should be living it up. Come on, let’s go.”

“You didn’t have to put on makeup on for me. I don’t like fake girls anyway.”

Ian laughed at Stephen’s comment, “The looks are real, the attitude could use a makeover.”

She rolled her eyes at them both. “Again, Ian, I won’t apologize for having morals. Not sleeping with you actually speaks for my morals, I think.”

“I’ve been working on her for almost four years, Stephen, she’s hopeless. Only goes for trust fund boys, which I should totally count for…”

“My parents hate your lack of manners. Don’t even start protesting that, when Jamie and Ryan brought you over, you sat on the couch and put your feet on our antique coffee table.”

“Oh, so the boyfriend needs parent approval.” Stephen’s eyebrows raised, a smirk on his lips.

“Be nice to the pretty girl, Stephen.” A blond boy with a bright smile emerged from the backroom. “Brian Dales, singer of The Summer Set.”

“Evelyn Spencer, manager of Hot Chelle Rae.”

“Rachel should be here any minute.”

“Just because you’re rude to everyone doesn’t mean I have to stop being sociable.”

“No one else is here yet!” A brunette complained as she made her way onto the bus. “Oh, hi, I’m Rachel, Brian’s girlfriend and merch for this stupid band.” She smiled.

“Evelyn, manager of Hot Chelle Rae.” She returned the smile, subconsciously leaning towards Jamie.

“I hope they’re being nice to you.” Evelyn shrugged. “Where’s The Cab? I miss Raylee.” Rachel turned her attention back to Evelyn. “She’s works with The Cab, but she’s dating Josh. She’s the only girl I can see without really trying.”

Evelyn nodded, “I’m going to need a testosterone break, if you don’t mind.”

Rachel pulled her into a hug. “It’s me, Ray, Dannie, Sonny, and Adalyn. There’s all the other girls on the tour too, but we still kind of group off.”

“Sounds great.” Evelyn spoke as she looked at Jamie helplessly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I wasn't going to post this because the original draft of this chapter gave away the ending of TMWYPBD, but I rewrote it to not give it away.
If you want any boys besides those of The Summer Set, Alex Marshall, Jersey Moriarty, and Travis Clark, comment on this as to what you think so far then send the name of the boy and your character details in a message to me.
<3 Dee