Danger Line

Heat

"Oh for God's sake." Audrienne groaned, taking the bill from our waitress as I ducked down under the table.

Again.

I watched Jakobi's legs as they passed to the men's restroom.

Today Dad had allowed me and Audrienne to have a day away from the pack.

Unfortunately we had to have a chaperone.

Three guesses who he picked.

I had been avoiding him since the night we shared in his room 2 weeks ago.

I sighed in relief as I came back up to the table top.

Audrienne had her arms crossed over her chest, an eyebrow cocked. "Seriously? How long is this going to go on?" She groaned, tapping her fingers on her arm. I shrugged, slurping my drink loudly.

"Knock it off will ya!" She snapped angrily, baring her teeth slightly. I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Jeez hun, on edge much?" She sighed, shaking her head.

"Sorry. I haven't been feeling like myself lately." She grumbled half-heartedly.

"What's wrong?" I asked, smelling the uneasy feeling she was radiating.

It was then mixed with another scent.

Or lack there of.

"Say, Auddie. Aren't you supposed to be in heat?" I asked quietly.

The look on her face told me she now knew why she was being such a bitch.

"NO WAY!" She practically howled, jumping to her feet, hauling me with her as she flung the cash onto the table.

Jakobi must've realized we were leaving because he bursted out of the bathroom as we reached the door.

~**~

I leaned against the CVS bathroom door as I waited for Audrienne to take the test.

"Any verdict yet?" Jakobi's voice made me jump.

I shook my head, not making any eye contact.

An aggravated sigh escaped his lips as he leaned against the wall across from me.

"Onyx, why won't you talk to me?" I ignored him, waiting for Audrienne to unlock the damn door.

"Onyx, c'mon babe." I flinched away from his arm as he reached for me, not looking at him. He cupped my face, his lips connecting to my cheek.

Not thinking, I turned my head so our lips would be touching, the immediate shock of electricity knocking some sense back into me.

I ran outside, ignoring his pleas.

I ignored the rain completely soaking me as I waited silently, cursing at Audrienne for taking so fucking long.

"Onyx?" I growled at him this time, hoping he'd get the hint.

No such luck.

"Onyx, please talk to me, what's wr-"

"GET AWAY!" I screeched, breaking out into sobs. "Just...don't touch me."

The look in his eyes only made me cry harder.

"Onyx, get out of the rain, please. Just tell me what's wrong."

"You!" I sobbed, not looking at him, knowing it would only make it hurt more. "You're what's wrong." I gasped as the sobs made it harder to breathe. "Do you think it's easy? Do you think it's fair the way you touch me, the way you make me feel when I'm betrothed to someone else? Don't you ever think about how hard it is for me? How fucking agonizing?!"

He stared at me, expressionless, though the pure sorrow oozed from his eyes.

"I'm going to walk home." I snapped, ignoring him as he called me back.

Once I was far enough from civilization I transformed, running into the woods for some time to think.

What am I going to do?
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMENTS?!?!?!?!?!?! HINT HINT WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE!!!!!