Sequel: True Affection.
Status: Completed.

Fuel to the Fire.

This Modern Love.

Once the windows were rolled down the hot dry Arizona air hit my face. The whole drive was filled with deserts and cactus. I popped my head looking around hoping that would help me find the way to where I was going. I was starting to miss the cold AC that was once coming from my car. I stuck my head out the window hoping to get a better look to where I was going but the flood of cars stopped my view from anything.

“Turn Right on E Apache Boulevard.”
“Wow now you fucking tell me!” I yelled at my phone’s GPS.
I tried to look back but the boxes pilled upon each other blocked my view. I popped my head out the window once again looking and praying there was a way to get to the other lane to turn.
“Fucking go!”
“Fuck pussy, go!” I yelled out the window slamming down on the steering wheel.
God I wanted to kill everyone here. I finally cut off the nice BMW on my right and made it over to the turning lane. I finally made it to the street and all I had to do was find the apartment complex but of course that had to be difficult as every finally made it to the street and all I had to do was find the apartment complex but of course that had to be difficult as every inch of this street was filled with apartment complexes. I finally spotted Ocean Breeze, and I felt a little better. I spotted a parking spot in the front, I turned in and parked.
“Thank you baby Jesus.”
I got out of the car, stretching out my legs after hours long of a drive. I took off my red sunglasses off to wipe off the sweat that was building up from under my bags. Once my eyes were opened the sun went full force into my light green eyes making them water a bit. I put the glasses back on and took a look at the busy street. Everyone around me was either packing up or unpacking their cars. I reached into my car to grab the piece of paper with the apartment number on it. I finally shut the door and locked my car before walking into the small apartment complex that was only two stories. I had to dodge everyone that was walking in my direction, afraid that was going to get knocked out I made my way up the stairs, hoping to find this place. I went from up the stairs to back down, and then in repeat and I couldn’t find this fucking place. For such a small apartment complex, there were a lot of apartments.

“Fuck”, I said out of breath and feeling my hair getting stuck to my sweaty body.
I put my hair up in a ponytail getting aggravated by not finding this place quick enough. I walked back downstairs on the mission to find this fucking place and find it soon. I looked down at the paper once more taking deeps breaths before I was going to kill someone.
“You look lost.”
I looked up from the crumpled up paper and look up at this guy smiling down at me. He had to be at least 6’2, way taller than my 5’4 figure. I looked up from his messy light brown hair that was all over his face. I looked down his tanned and slender body that was barely covered with a loose tank top and cut off jean shorts.
“Was it that obvious?” I asked with a laugh, kind of disappointed that most of his face was covered by the ray ban glasses he had on.
“Maybe just a little”, he said with a grin.
“Directions aren’t my strong point.”
“Maybe I can help you?” he asked trying to look at the paper in my hand.
“Do you happen to know where 10c is?”

He looked me up and down and then laughed a bit. He turned to the left and pointed at the small apartment just in front of us.

“Wow, I should just kill myself.”
“I’m not going to say anything, you did admit directions aren’t your thing”, he said laughing.
I felt my face blush a bit as he smiled down at me. I looked over at the apartment on my left; I guess this will have to do.
“John”, he said putting out his hand.
“Dylan”, I said reaching over and shaking his hand.
“Well thanks for the help”, I said tipping my head and turning around looking for the lose key that were in my jean shorts.
“No problem”, he said putting his hand up and walking to the apartment next to mine.
“Welcome neighbor”, he said with a smile before walking into the apartment.

I just smiled in return and reached for the knob; to my surprise it was open. I walked in expected to see a shit hole, but instead I saw a decent place. I walked in the living room, the couch already laid out with boxes all around. I could hear music playing from down the hall, John Mayer playing loud and clear. I shut the door and right away a girl came out from the hallway with a surprised look on her face.
“Can I help you?” she asked staring at me strangely.
“Are you, Emma?” I asked having to look back down at the paper in my hand.
“You must be Dylan, I totally thought I was gonna have a guy for a roommate”, she said with a laugh.
“I get that a lot.”
“My boyfriends’ going to be very happy when he seems it’s a girl and not some creepy dude. Nice to meet you”, she said reaching over and shaking my hand.
“Nice meeting you too”, I said shaking her hand.
“So I grabbed the room in the corner, i hope that’s okay? I can’t sleep with noise and the window lead out to the quad area. But you do have a personal bathroom.”
“That’s fine.”
“Okay good! So some movers brought a bed earlier and I sent it in your room.”
“Thank you”, I said feeling awkward.
“You’re welcome. So I still need to get more things from my house so I’ll see you later tonight”, she said smiling at me.
“For sure.”
“You seem nice and normal, thanks”, she said giving me a hug.
“You’re welcome?” I asked with a laugh giving her a tap on the shoulder.
She waved before walking out the door. I took a mini tour around the apartment, all the empty boxes in the living room was better than full. I got up fixing my Iron Maiden shirt before walking outside to my car. I grabbed ass many boxes as I could, and that was only 2. I struged walking from my car to the apartment, thankfully I knew where it was. I threw the boxes on the floor in the living room before walking back to the car to get more boxes. I looked up and saw John standing there laughing with two other guys. They looked over at me and for some reason I lost my balance and one of the boxes fell off and straight to the floor.
“Fuck.”
“Here I’ll help you”, I heard someone say.
I looked up and saw John jogging over to me. He bent down and picked up the box and smiled at me.
“Thank you”, I said as he followed me into the apartment.
He placed the box down and I smiled up at him. He then walked out and I followed.
“Lead the way”, he said with a smile.
“Huh?”
“I’ll help you with the rest. Yo guys!”
The two guys standing there just looked over at him confused; he waved them over with a laugh.
“You guys are going to help my new friend here Dylan move in.”
“It’s fine, I can do it.”
“And end up with broken shit, nope we’re helping.”
“Eric”, one of the guys said reaching over and taking my hand.
“Dylan”, I said politely shaking his hand.
“Jared.”
“Nice to meet you”, I said smiling.
“Why does he get a “nice to meet you” and I get just a name.”
“I’d just feel awkward repeating my name for the third time.”
“Leave the girl alone Halvo!”
I looked over at John with a smile before looking back at “Halvo” and he just rolled his eyes. I walked out to the car and we all grabbed the boxes and brought them into my apartment. This Arizona heat was not making this easy. I tried my hardest to keep the sweating to a minimal but that was impossible, thank god for these sunglasses. They covered most of the sweat building up.
“You play guitar?” Jared asked pulling out one of my acoustic guitars from the front seat.
I just simply nodded kind of embarrassed.
“For how long?” John asked as we walked back to the apartment with the rest of the stuff.
“Since I was about 10, so 8 years.”
“That’s really cool. I started playing guitar in high school, trying to be cool and smooth with the ladies”, John said making me laugh.
“Did it work?” I asked setting down the box.
“Yeah right, John sucks with the ladies”, Eric said with a laugh dropping one of the boxes on top of the other.
“It’s true, not really good with the ladies.”
I just laughed at how adorable he looked. He had such an amazing smile. I looked over at Jared throwing the last box on the floor. I just gave him another smile.
“Thanks guys for the help, is there anything I can give you in return?”
“Oh you know”, Eric said with a wink.
“Leave the girl alone.”
“Did you need help with anything else?”
“Nah, I think I got it.”
“Oh okay, if you need anything I’m always just a knock away”, John said with a smile before they started walking out the door.
“Thanks again guys, I really appreciated.”
“No problem”, Jared said with a smile.
“Welcome to Arizona!”
I watched them walk out the door. I smiled to myself before taking box by box to my room, unpacking as much as I could. I spent the whole night doing it all. After a long phone call from my Father I laid my head on the mattress that was completely bare. I closed my eyes and immediately my ears were met with some loud music and people screaming. I could hear the ping pong ball bounce from here.
“Welcome to Arizona.”