Sequel: True Affection.
Status: Completed.

Fuel to the Fire.

Vampire.

“So what are you doing for this date of yours?”
I looked over and saw Emma standing there with Jeff holding her. I just shrugged my shoulders and went back to finishing my hair.
“You don’t know? When I first took Emma on my date she picked everything!” Jeff said making me laugh.
“I just don’t really care, I’m down for anything.”
Jeff looked surprised and then turned to look back at Emma, she just laughed with an innocent smile. Jeff rolled his eyes with a laugh causing Emma to hit him. I just laughed watching them argue all the way to the living room. I looked down at my tight jeans, with a floral top and then my white keds. I reached over and grabbed a white cardigan and tried my best to fix this hot mess that was in front of me.
“Dyaln, Kenny’s here!”
I suddenly got nervous for some reason. I walked out of my room and into the living room and saw Jeff talking to a very nervous Kennedy. I just laughed listening to his ask another question.
“Babe, that’s enough”, Emma said laughing as Kennedy stood up with a flower in his hand.
“Well since her Dad isn’t here to interrogate, I needed to take my place as the older brother”, he said making me smile.
“Older brother, eh?” I asked looking over at him.
“Yes, you’re my little sister. Now be home at a reasonable time or I’m going to find your ass Kenny.”
Kennedy just laughed and walked over to me giving me a hug and kiss on the cheek whispering a “you look beautiful” in my ear. I smiled at the rose he handed me, I wasn’t a big fan of roses but the gesture itself was adorable.
“Ready?”
“Yeah”, I said with a smile following him out the door and into his car.
For some reason I felt awkward, just sitting in his car listening him hum to whatever was being played on his radio. We exchanged small talk but nothing too exciting, I was way too nervous to say anything. Just this whole first date thing always got to me. I never really went on dates, just “hang outs.” We got to this restaurant where I heard music being played. We walked in and took one of those round tables up in the front. I looked up at this guy with a fedora hat playing his guitar, everyone around his clapping and singing along.
“This place has a good vibe”, he said smiling back at me.
“I know right, I’m not use to this. Usually at like shows, even small ones like this I’m use to assholes.”
“There are always assholes”, he said smiling at me.
“Tell me about it.”
We ordered our food, casually looking back at the next performer. The small talk was the death of us, we didn’t really have much to say except fro what was happening at that moment, and I had no problem with that. Kennedy paid for dinner and we walked back to the car. I couldn’t stop smiling at how adorable he was, always complimenting me and asking if I was having fun.
“So I don’t want the night to end just yet.”
“What do you have in mind?” I asked looking over at him, my words sounding more suggestive than I planned.
“Well-“
“I didn’t mean it like that!” I felt myself blurt out making Kennedy laugh even harder.
“I know. Down to watch a movie?”
“A movie?”
“Yes, you know those moving pictures that talk?”
“Don’t be a smartass; I know what a movie is. Did you just want to watch it back at my place?” I asked knowing he still lived at his parent’s house.
“Well I meant more along the lines of the movie theatre right there.”
I looked over to where he was pointing and saw the theatre there. I just nodded with a laugh. We got our tickets and took our seats in the theatre and sat and watched the movie. I felt uncomfortable with Kenny putting his arm around me; this was high school all over again. The movie was over and we drove back home. He gave me another rose making me smile, he was adorable.
“That movie sucked!”
“I know, but Scarlett Johansson is hot”, I said laughing as we got to my door.
“Not as beautiful as you”, he said with a smile leaning over and giving me a kiss on the lips softly.
“Goodnight”, he said with a smile.
“Goodnight.”
I stood there for a few seconds before walking into the apartment. I reached over for the light switch and once it was turned on I jumped at the image of a guy sitting on the couch. My beating heart stopped beating and my reflexes to run stood still.
“God dammit John”, I said holding my hand to my heart.
“Didn’t mean to scare you, well actually I did. I heard you two back there and I snuck in here to scare you. I thought it was actually really funny.”
“Real funny jerk”, I said walking past him and putting the rose on the counter.
“Ooooo a red rose, how romantic”, John said getting up from the couch and standing next to me.
“I guess so, not a big fan of roses but the gesture was adorable”, I said with a smile.
“What is your flower of choice?”
“Daisies.”
“Daisies?”
“Yeah, they’re so simple and really beautiful.”
“Like you”, John said with a smile.
“The complete opposite of me.”
“Oh shut it, so how was the date. Got lucky?” he asked with a wink.
“That’s for me to know and you to never find out.”
“Dylan”, he said serious looking over at me.
“We didn’t have sex, if that’s what you mean.”
“Good. Kissed?” he asked looking relieved for some reason.
“Yes, what’s with all the questions Dad?”
“You kiss on the first date? And you’re like my best friend, I need to protect you.”
Great best friend. I rolled my eyes and took off my sweater and shoes. I looked back at John staring back at me with questioning eyes.
“Do you like him?” he asked in all seriousness.
“I’m definitely getting a little crush on him.”
“Really?”
“Yes John”, I said laughing walking into my room with him right behind me.
“Why?” he asked sitting on my bed.
“Well he’s adorable, sweet, really nice, good looking and really funny.”
“That’s cute”, he said as I walked into the bathroom to put on Pjs.
I walked back in and he sat there tapping away at his phone and then looked up at me with a smile.
“What do you think about me?”
“You’re a great guy, sweet, really nice and really funny”, I said leaving out one piece.
“I’m not good looking?”
“You’re handsome John, you know that”, I said getting in my bed watching as he didn’t even move a muscle.
“I know”, he said with a cocky grin before leaning in and kissing my forehead. “Goodnight pretty girl.”
“Night.”
I watched him walk out the door and my stomach turned a bit, he’s more than all of those. I just wished I could tell him, but that won’t happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update (:
Hope you guys enjoy.
Any feedback, would be amazing (:

I've got all the guys down with their girlfriends, all except poor Pat.
No one wants that adorable thing? ): hahaha

Please tell me what you think.
I have so much already written out.
I love it so far.