Sequel: True Affection.
Status: Completed.

Fuel to the Fire.

Starman.

“Well isn’t this the most awkward day of my life.”
I looked over at Kennedy with a laugh and then grabbed his arm as we kept on walking down the little fair. I kept stopping at all the little shops, looking at all the weird shit that was all over the place. Weird shit was my thing.
“You’re the one that agreed to this double date”, I said looking over at him and then back at John holding Danielle’s hand just strolling in front of us.
“John forced it on me.”
“Just admit it, you secretly have a thing for Danielle”, I said in a low whisper as we got closer to them.
“How could I not, look at how hot she is?”
We both looked over at her whining that her feet hurt. The makeups on her face practically peeling off. I couldn’t hold back the laugh, so it came out full blast. Both of us, John looked back at us with questioning eyes but we just waved at him.
“I need to go to the bathroom.”
“Aren’t girls suppose to go together”, Kenny said hitting my arm.
“Throwing me into the lions or what?”
He just laughed as I stood still watching Danielle kissing John’s cheek. We watched as she hopped along to the bathroom right in front of us. The three of us stood there looking around. The awkward tension always made me feel at peace.
“Fuck man, she’s taking so long and those friend pickles sound amazing.”
“Ew”, both John and I said looking over at Kennedy like he was crazy.
“Forget you both; you don’t know what you’re missing. Be back”, he said walking away rather fast.
I looked over at John who was just staring down at me with a laugh. I looked over and saw a kart full of bracelets. I walked over, John connected to me hovering over me as I looked at all of them.
“I honestly don’t know why you’re dating that girl.”
“The sex.”
“The sex can’t be THAT great”, I said with a laugh picking up one of the bracelets.
“It really isn’t.”
I just looked over at him with a laugh as I grabbed this bracelet with a peacock on it. I smiled at John showing it to him.
“Excuse me how much is this?”
“Five dollars”, she answered with a smile.
“We’ll take two”, John said handing the girl a 10.
“John.”
“What, think of it as a thank you present for coming on this awkward shit with me. I wanted to just take you, because I know you have a thing for weird shit, but I didn’t want to make Kenny mad.”
“He wouldn’t care, we’re just friends.”
“Does he know that?”
“We talked about it the other day.”
“And you didn’t tell me?”
“Nope”, I said with a smile as he grabbed one of the bracelets tying it on my right arm.
“Tie me girl”, he said with a laugh. I grabbed the other one tying it on to his arm. “We have best friend’s forever bracelets.”
I just laughed and saw Kenny walking back with a big pickle in his hand, eating it happy as can be. I couldn’t help but to laugh as John kept going on with the dirty jokes.
“Yes John, I like big pickles in my mouth.”
I just laughed at how annoyed Kenny was getting from John. Finally Danielle appeared from the bathroom, with more make up than she originally had. We walked around looking at all the sketchy rides, the lights flashing around and the lame music being played made me feel like I was back home at one of the fairs at the park. I saw the Tilt a whirl and I smiled over at Kennedy with hopeful eyes.
“Ugh no, I just ate.”
“John, Danielle?” I asked looking at them.
“No, I hate rides here.”
“John, come on.”
“I’m down!”
We practically ran to the line, paying the money that was needed and got buckled in. I looked over at him with a smile and he reached over and kissed my cheek making me blush even more. The ride started and John kept yelling obscenities over and over again making me laugh.
“Ohhhhhh fuckkkk myyyy dickkkk.”
“Fuck your dick?” I asked looking over at him and he just shrugged with a laugh.
I felt his staring over at me; I looked over at him with a smile. The ride came to a slow stop, but our eyes were still locked on to each other with a smile. He reached over moving the hair out of my face and leaving his hands on my face.
“You’re beautiful.”
“Chat up.”
“Go back to China!”
I just laughed as the bar holding us back unlocked and popped open. He got out of the little pod and put his hand out to help me out. I grabbed his hand and walked out, stumbling over our feet as though we were drunk. We got to Kenny who was looking beyond annoyed. I gave him a look and he just lifted his eyebrows and looked over at Danielle. He put his finger across his neck and pointed at John. I just laughed and grabbed the ice cream from Kenny’s hand and took a bite.
“You’re so dumb John, cussing like that. You need to grow up.”
I didn’t dare to look back at they argued, well more like Danielle cussing him out and John just staying quiet. After the fair we all went home, well more like Danielle went to John’s house and I went home alone. I laid in my bed reading my book, letting the sounds of David Bowie playing softly in the background.
“John you’re such a fucking idiot!”
“I’m getting really sick of this shit.”
“So you’re going to break up with me again.”
I just continued to listen like some nosy neighbor, my head to the window. I looked out and saw John and Danielle arguing over and over again. I watched as she reached over and slapped him across the face; John looked like he was use to this as she stormed off. I looked out and saw John was nowhere to be found. Maybe he chased after her.
“Hey nosy neighbor.”
I jumped back, almost falling back and off of my bed. I looked over at John looking through the window laughing as hard as can be. I just rolled my eyes crawling over to the open window. The screen broke off from John jumping out of the window when he was drunk.
“Good night beautiful.”
“Night.”
He leaned in giving me a soft kiss on the cheek and then walking away. I laid back in my bed, looking up to my ceiling. Thoughts racing, mainly on one particular person.
John Cornelius O'Callaghan V.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all so much for reading, especially those of you that commented me!
Special thanks to:
missy101kt.LuvRiot.restlesssouls.Scout3580.coreycorinne.Zombie.Highway.
Epic_Rainbows. C-u-on-the-Flipside.


I think i'm doing really good with the updates, i'm very proud of myself (;
Also i'm thinking about writing another story, who would you like it to be about? Let me know.

3 comments = UPDATE (;