This isn't how love should feel

What a waste of gas

I drew in a deep breathe as I approached the big, white building. This building held the one that I craved for inside it’s very thick walls. I haven’t seen her in 8 months and it was already taking it’s toll on me. I smoothed out my button up shirt and continued my walk towards the large building. A lot of people were wandering around outside, and a lot of security lurked around the perimeter. I smiled to myself as I pushed open the doors and saw the front desk. Today I was giving my girlfriend of 6 years a surprise visit. We live atleast 5 hours away from each other because she got accepted into Harvard and I was so positive about my music career that I just gave up on college. Funny how dreams do come true.

“Um hi I’m here to see Alexis.” The lady at the front desk smiled sweetly and gave me instructions to her room. My heart was racing as I walked down the hall towards the elevator. My mind keep replaying the last time I saw her.

”Chris! Chris come on you know I have to leave!” She giggled as I tightened my grip around her. I buried my face into her hair, smelling herbal essence and smiling. She hugged me back just as tight, which made me just about the happiest person on the earth.

“I’m sorry it’s just, I can’t figure out how you up here right in front of me before you march down south to university. Is where, you’ll spend your daylight.”

“I know, but It won’t be the last time we see each other.” A frown started to take my lips at the thought and she sighed.

“You know I love you right?” She kissed me softly and I watched as her big, brown eyes lit up.

“Yes. Did you know that I love you too?” She kissed me once more and nodded. I kissed her forehead and she smiled.

“I have to go now. I’m so sorry but I’ll come back down whenever I can okay?” She cupped my face in her hands and I nodded. Tears started to fill in her eyes and she kissed me once more.

“Please hurry back,” I whispered into her shoulder and her body started to shake as her sobs became louder. I rubbed her back soothingly and kissed her head.

“Hurry off now.” I ushered her to the door so she could get going. She’d surely get in trouble if she stayed another day. She hugged me one last time, then hurried over to her car. She blew me a kiss, and I caught it, shoving it into my pocket with a smile. I waved and watched her drive off down the road.


I hurried on down the hall, my pace quickening as I scanned the doors.
306.…307.…….308.……
Aha! 310!
I bit at my lip, deciding whether or not to knock first or just barge in. After about a minute of arguing with myself, I drew in a deep breathe and opened the door.

“Hello?” I shouted, waiting for a response.
Nothing.
I heard a sort of loud breathing sound and I opened the door alittle more. Once inside, I continued forward, only to find her in her bed.
With another guy.
A sharp pain hit my heart and anger started to boil within me.

“Chris!” She gasped and pushed the man off of her. “What are you doing here?” Tears started to fill my eyes and I shook my head, backing away from her.

“You….you…lied. You cheated on me… “
“Noo! No Chris it isn’t really what it looks like!” I glared at the air-head that she had slept with. He had a confused look on his face.

“Chris, what are you doing here?!” She ran her fingerrs through her hair and I opened the door with a laugh.

“Although the distance is daring, we both know how to drive. So I drived all this way to see my whore of a girlfriend. Wow, what a waste of gas.” I began walking out when she grabbed my hand.

“Chris no please! Give me a second chance!”

“You know Alexis, we can’t make up for the lost time that we both, apologize for.” I patted her head, saying a polite goodbye and walking out. Funny how it rained all day.